Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/30/2005
Offline
2278 posts
 

Re: Enduro's are boring, my reasoning why...

Dec 19, 2010
I am lvl 23, looking forward to hitting 25 so I can check out the enduros, but after that post, I dunno how excited I am for it. 2+ hours in the same race, on the same track... most of which in first place all alone.. yeah. that doesn't sound terribly fun or challenging.

I guess you might as well be better off just taking the fastest car you can and just trying to get it over with ASAP :/

Then again, They really need to adjust the payoff for those things too. if you want me to spend HOURS playing one race, it better benefit me far more than any single race. I'm talking 3 or 4m after 3 or 4 hours of racing. Since I can make that playing the american championship. (98k every 3-4 minutes)
Message 11 of 22 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/11/2006
Offline
3586 posts
 

Re: Enduro's are boring, my reasoning why...

Dec 19, 2010

 


phulcrum wrote:

 


Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

 

I know if I want true competition I need to race other real people online, but I'm trying to make it through A-Spec to get the X1 and get to level 40 to unlock full damage.  With the way it's going, it's going to be a LONG boring ass time to get there.


 

Sure sounds like the same complaint to me.

 

I'm level 23 and I bet you will beat me to level 40.  Who cares?  I have other things to do and other games to play.
Doesn't seem like you play games at all, just lurk out here on these boards, you're always on here.

 

But hey, if beating me in the "leveling game" makes you feel better about yourself then good on you, mate.

 

Beating you to level 40 won't make me feel better, my point was with the amount of time you spend out here compared to playing the game, it won't be hard to beat you to any level.  If you dedicated as much time playing the game as I see you on here, you'd probably be close to level 40 by now.  Maybe the reason why you want full damage and full car tuning from the beginning instead of getting to level 40 is because you can't handle the endurance races.

 

I just laugh every time you post because you are always contradicting yourself, acting like you're a GT Elite and make wild assumptions and accusations about other people.

 

I'm not contradicting myself, I think my posts have been pretty consistent.  I'll take the GT Elite comment as a compliment as I don't think I am, but you think I think I am.

 

I mention that I want full damage, full tuning options and better AI and the only part you read is the part about damage.  Then you go on to assume that all I want to do is play demolition derby and tell me to sell GT5 and go play NFS.  But then you talk about how you want to unlock full damage... So can I assume that you just want to play a game of demolition derby?

 

I want full damage and full car tuning as much as you, never said I didn't.  But I'm willing to work for it as the game is currently structured, you expect to have it at level 0 and pretty much demand a re-write of the game to make it so.

 

Also, like you keep telling everyone else, if you're going to complain you should make realistic suggestions on how PD should fix this issue.  Or make a "What we want in GT6" thread like you suggested.

 

I did offer a suggestion at the end of my story in this thread, I suggested that since PD did a good job getting the physics right, now they need to focus on the racing simulation aspect of it, and I went further to specifically suggest that when you start a race, the game anaylizes your car and adjusts the difficulty of the AI to match your car so races are more of a competition.  Sounds like a realistic solution to me.  If it's too late to do it with this game, then do it for GT6.


Now, I need to finish my last hour.

 

 photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 12 of 22 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/22/2010
Offline
129 posts
 

Re: Enduro's are boring, my reasoning why...

Dec 19, 2010

I love endurance race. 

 

Last time my biggest excitement was to actually complete one as I finished with completely empty tank . My last lap was in eco mode. I had only 40 sec advantage after 59th lap on Grand Valley 

Message 13 of 22 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/25/2010
Offline
529 posts
 

Re: Enduro's are boring, my reasoning why...

Dec 19, 2010

 


Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

 


phulcrum wrote:

 


 

I'm level 23 and I bet you will beat me to level 40.  Who cares?  I have other things to do and other games to play.
Doesn't seem like you play games at all, just lurk out here on these boards, you're always on here.

 

But hey, if beating me in the "leveling game" makes you feel better about yourself then good on you, mate.

 

Beating you to level 40 won't make me feel better, my point was with the amount of time you spend out here compared to playing the game, it won't be hard to beat you to any level.  If you dedicated as much time playing the game as I see you on here, you'd probably be close to level 40 by now.  Maybe the reason why you want full damage and full car tuning from the beginning instead of getting to level 40 is because you can't handle the endurance races.

 

I mention that I want full damage, full tuning options and better AI and the only part you read is the part about damage.  Then you go on to assume that all I want to do is play demolition derby and tell me to sell GT5 and go play NFS.  But then you talk about how you want to unlock full damage... So can I assume that you just want to play a game of demolition derby?

 

I want full damage and full car tuning as much as you, never said I didn't.  But I'm willing to work for it as the game is currently structured, you expect to have it at level 0 and pretty much demand a re-write of the game to make it so.

 

Also, like you keep telling everyone else, if you're going to complain you should make realistic suggestions on how PD should fix this issue.  Or make a "What we want in GT6" thread like you suggested.

 

I did offer a suggestion at the end of my story in this thread, I suggested that since PD did a good job getting the physics right, now they need to focus on the racing simulation aspect of it, and I went further to specifically suggest that when you start a race, the game anaylizes your car and adjusts the difficulty of the AI to match your car so races are more of a competition.  Sounds like a realistic solution to me.  If it's too late to do it with this game, then do it for GT6.


1)  Laptop.  I'm able to surf the web during loading screens.  Also, I'm a graphic/web designer, the majority of my time is spent around the computer to begin with.

 

2)  Again, a wild assumption.  I can handle endros, I have in other games I don't see why I wouldn't be able to in this game.

 

3)  Enabling full damage and tuning options requires a full rework of the game?  You do realize that they enabled full damage in multiplayer in a patch after the game came out.  It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to "flip the switch" as they say and enable those options to be turned on or off in single player.

 

4)  If you say that having damage unlocked at lvl1 requires a complete game rework when they have already enabled it online with a patch after the game's release then an AI upgrade surely requires a complete game rework as well.

 

As always, you think everything you say is totally feasible and everyone else's ideas are a joke.  Get over yourself dude.

 

 

Message 14 of 22 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/11/2006
Offline
3586 posts
 

Re: Enduro's are boring, my reasoning why...

Dec 19, 2010

Whew, 4 hour race actually took me 6 hours.  I need to go to a junk yard and get a me a seat out of a real sports car and mount it to my driving rig instead of using this game chair I currently have.  Not comfortable to sit for 4 hours straight.

 

4 hours and 5 seconds, 201 laps, second place dude 51 seconds behind me.  It's always after the pit stops half way through the race the AI seems to get considerably worse.  First half of the race the second place AI kept up with me pretty good, never feel to about 16 seconds behind, but after pit stops, I don't know what happens.  I was still running the same lap times.

 

I've read some of your replies to just use the car as stock, no tuning.  I can try that next time I do this event, problem is there is only one AI car on the track I'd be racing against as all the other AI drivers don't keep the same pace and fall too far behind and become too spread out.  Even the 2nd place AI driver starts lapping them.

 

When you start the race all the AI cars are pretty strong for the first 5-10 laps then they start falling way behind, so it's kind of hard to know how to tune your car or if leaving it stock is good enough.  Like I said earlier, I'm not going to race for 4 hours and loose.  I want it to be competitive but I still need to be able to win as well.  If I loose it would be because I wreaked or something, not because my car isn't at least equal to that one best AI driver.

 

Who is past level 26??  How are the enduro races with the AI past the level I'm at?  Considering I'm still racing a slow car like the Miata, maybe it gets better as I go along.

 photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 15 of 22 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 05/06/2008
Offline
12272 posts
 

Re: Enduro's are boring, my reasoning why...

Dec 19, 2010
I did Laguna Seca twice, once in a BTR and once in a C5 Z06. The BTR beat them by 3 laps, and the Vette couldn't put 2nd place 1 lap down. Not 'breathing down your neck' competitive, but enough to keep you driving properly.

Like I said, tire down to make it closer. First, find out what the AI is running for tires, then go one lower.
DriverSports.org
Message 16 of 22 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/11/2006
Offline
3586 posts
 

Re: Enduro's are boring, my reasoning why...

Dec 19, 2010

 


ForgetfuI wrote:
I did Laguna Seca twice, once in a BTR and once in a C5 Z06. The BTR beat them by 3 laps, and the Vette couldn't put 2nd place 1 lap down. Not 'breathing down your neck' competitive, but enough to keep you driving properly.

Like I said, tire down to make it closer. First, find out what the AI is running for tires, then go one lower.

 

How do you find out what tires they are running before you start a race?  That sounds like good advise however.

 

I just wish all the cars where equally competitive, not just one or two.

 photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 17 of 22 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 05/06/2008
Offline
12272 posts
 

Re: Enduro's are boring, my reasoning why...

Dec 19, 2010
If you're at that same level in B-spec, the AI runs the same tires in A-spec as they do in B. If you don't have that event open in B-Spec, then just start a race, quit 30 seconds in, and watch the replay. Change to an AI car, and see what tires are listed
DriverSports.org
Message 18 of 22 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 05/06/2008
Offline
12272 posts
 

Re: Enduro's are boring, my reasoning why...

Dec 19, 2010

 


Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

 

I just wish all the cars where equally competitive, not just one or two.


TBH, that's not all that realistic. Most races only ever have 2, maybe 3 cars vying for the win on the last lap. Often it is just one. This is true in real motorsports, the R/C racing I did as a kid, and the online racing we do.

 

DriverSports.org
Message 19 of 22 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/03/2010
Offline
94 posts
 

Re: Enduro's are boring, my reasoning why...

Dec 19, 2010

Yup totally agree.  I see no purpose in these races other than to get to level 30 for the X1 special event.  After I get to level 30 I will never touch these events again.

 

I think there could never be a happy medium for these races.  If the AI is too competitive it would make it frustrating that you didn't achieve your goal for the time put in, and too easy like it is now and they just seem pointless.

 

I think endurance races with more competitive AI, and maybe only an hour or so in length would be the answer.  Enough time to be a race thats longer than normal races, but not to the point of making you incredibly pissed if you lost and had to do it again.

 

Maybe its "realistic" to have races this long in the game.  But PD needs to stop thinking that this isn't a game, and make it more realistic in other ways, like including AI that actually tries to accomplish something.

Message 20 of 22 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes