Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
897 posts

Re: Endurance Races Worthless...

Dec 15, 2010

i wouldn't call this a POS.  not by a long shot.  i would be very interested to see comments from beta testers regarding the level system.  the level system and rewards need some tweaking.  in fact, i wouldn't mind the rewards and level system at all if i wasn't forced to race the same events over and over.  but when it's all combined, it is unnecessary and at times, rather painful. 

i see it all the time on all different forums; when a legitimate criticism is made, people will jump on you like you insulted their family.  i like the game.  but you can't deny the lack of events and rewards is a glaring oversight.

if you are only going to give me two level 23 events, why are you forcing me to race them 10+ times to get to 24? and i didn't find the formula gt till i was well past level 23, so that event has never been an option.  and if you are lucky enough to find it, just how many people have 5M laying around?  that is a rude awakening to many. 

out of 45 a spec events (excluding endurance) 8 events (1/5) are only one race events. to me, that says laziness or poor design.  some tracks are used to the point of naseum.  others don't even get to be in a spec or are only used once or twice...out of 118 total races.  inexcusable.   

many like b spec and the special events.  but is this why you bought gt5?  i enjoy their addition, but gt5 is a spec.  and when you're flagship mode is lacking, your game is lacking.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 83 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 15, 2010

Can't wait to unlock the endurance races. Back to the old chess game of pit strategy

and tire conservation. The XP alone will be worth the race. And the money. Can't

forget the money.

Other than that, it's ALLLLLLLLLLL strategy.

-BB

<<< KING OF THE NURBURGRING >>>
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 83 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Dec 15, 2010

xX_BLUEBOMBER_Xx wrote:

Can't wait to unlock the endurance races. Back to the old chess game of pit strategy

and tire conservation. The XP alone will be worth the race. And the money. Can't

forget the money.

Other than that, it's ALLLLLLLLLLL strategy.

-BB

You can't be serious, are you ?

To actually finish a 24 hour race without being able to save, that's dumb. There's almost no way a NORMAL person can enjoy going around in circle for 24 hours in a row, or even if you pause the game for x minutes, x hour or x days, it's still dumb (and sad) to care enough about the game that you are willing to pause and finish it later (while your system is running for nothing, but I guess your mom pays the electricity bill, right ?). 

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 83 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 15, 2010

It's one thing to argue different points on a nuetral thread, but it's quite another to battle with people on a complaint thread.  I created a complaint thread on a trophy website and got lambasted for my opinions.  God forbid somebody expressess their opinions without the fanboys coming out to defend it.  I don't think it will ever change though.  It's just human nature, I guess.  Personally, I wouldn't defend my favorite game if someone started a complaint thread.  I would just ignore it and continue to enjoy the game.  Why would I care care if someone has issues with it?  Someone said it best earlier in the thread when they brought up the fact that if developers weren't aware of complaints about a game, how would they know how to make it better the next time around?

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 83 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 15, 2010

I can't wait to do the 24 Hours of Le Mans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 83 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16897 posts

Dec 15, 2010

For those that are whining about the endurance races, go play Gran Turismo 3 due to the fact that Bspec mode was not introduced yet until Gran Turismo 4.

It's not the rewards that we are in these endurance races for but to say that we did those endurance races. And I honestly cannot wait until I level up to actually race in Both the Le Mans 24 Hours and the Nurburgring 24 Hours.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 83 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Dec 15, 2010

Ive done Susuka 1000km and Nurburgring 4 hours

They gave 400.000 and 600.000 XP points. those were better...

Cars? Susuzka GTR Race Car (An ugly one, red with blue)

Nurburgring gave me R8 Race Car

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 83 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
858 posts

Dec 15, 2010

"Nurburgring gave me R8 Race Car"

So you are speaking of the A-spec I take it.

HMMM.. it might be in my interest to do the 4 hours then in A-spec.

Grumble Grumble Grumble..

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 83 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
858 posts

Dec 15, 2010

Oh its the Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09

Nevermind lol not worth it

Probably still will complete the race just for **bleep**s and giggles. 

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 83 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Dec 15, 2010

CHRIS_MOODIE wrote:

Oh its the Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09

Nevermind lol not worth it

Probably still will complete the race just for **bleep**s and giggles. 

You got to remember that im the Aspec Driver

We both have the X1, what can be worth it except the F1 Ferrari that it wont appear...

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 83 (4 Views)
0 Likes