Wastelander
888 posts

Re: Endurance Races Worthless...

Dec 11, 2010

Just finished the Laguna Seca endurance. I used a M3 E46 and won by about 9 laps.. I got a infinity and 190,000cr + ~130,000xp. I don't really car about the money.. The xp is decent, but the car is slack. Kind of a bummer.

Message 51 of 83 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 13, 2010

This guy PayneKiller is totally right. What's so fun about driving right to the front and then spending the next three to sixteen hours lapping the field. If you think this is fun, you're delusional and a fanboy to the excessive. The endurance series is an insult to everyone who breathes oxygen. This should have been dlc and then the devs would have realized that no one wants anything to do with this crap.

Message 52 of 83 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 14, 2010

when you need 390,000 xp to get to the next level you would have to do the american championship around 95 times coming out to about 15 hours of NON STOP every 6 min sure you would have a load of money or you could do the leguna seca 200 miles 2 times in about 5 1/2 hours and get nearly all the xp you will need. money comes and goes but the xp is much harder to come across at level 28 unless of course your willing to grind your @$$ off all the way to 40.

Message 53 of 83 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Dec 14, 2010
Sursion, no offense, but do you really want to run Tsukuba for 9 hours by yourself? I ran the the 4 hr roadster endurance race and got next to nothing for my time, not to mention a piece of garbage car! I for one don't have the time to spend 2 or 3 days trying to race 24hrs, while hoping the power isn't knocked out, or someone doesn't hit the wrong button on my controller.GT5 completely screwed this one up, in my opinion anyway
Message 54 of 83 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 14, 2010

s5229 wrote:

BlG_BOYY wrote:

Its not always about what you get out of it though, its also about having fun.

thats the thing..I dont have as much fun when I don't get rewarded.. give me a bad ass mofo car when I race for 6 hours.. and then make the next race harder where I have to race other bad ass cars to get its reward.. they went on a leveling system.. so why not make the game progression based??  the endurance race was easier then beginner, and its a level 26 race.. just dumb IMO 

Then you will prolly not have much fun in your life...I know I have had a lot of fun in my life with nill reward....

Photobucket
Message 55 of 83 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Dec 14, 2010

just ran the Indy 500 race, 200 laps in 2hrs 23min using Minolta. Got 225,000 credits  268176 Level points and the 1966 Jaguar XJ13 race car.

Message 56 of 83 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
897 posts

Dec 14, 2010

the rewards are weak.  4 hours at tsukuba in a garbage miata is not fun.  i was hoping the car i would get would be worth the punishment.  the prize car was an insult and seemed like a practical joke.  122hp mazda something from 1968.  it was so awesome i sold it for 6k credits. 

the concept cars i won i could've bought for a paltry 80k.  and i can't sell them either.  the only car half way decent was the 66 jag from indy 500.  and it only came 10 levels too late.  historic car cup is level 18.  it's a nice car, but has no application for my current progress in the game.  what happened to giving us cars we were going to need in the future? 

another example:  b spec, lecel 23 american champ series in extreme.  the prize car is an SSR truck.  too bad the truck race was 15 levels ago.  b spec european championship gives a 180hp 1983 audi.  why are they giving such low level cars for high level races? 

the combination of low cash rewards, low xp rewards, and poor prize cars (an overwhelming majority are standard, not even premium) is too much.  all three rewards can't be bad, they have to give us something for our efforts. 

Message 57 of 83 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
24 posts

Dec 15, 2010

Steal_Your_Face wrote:

the rewards are weak.  4 hours at tsukuba in a garbage miata is not fun.  i was hoping the car i would get would be worth the punishment.  the prize car was an insult and seemed like a practical joke.  122hp mazda something from 1968.  it was so awesome i sold it for 6k credits. 

the concept cars i won i could've bought for a paltry 80k.  and i can't sell them either.  the only car half way decent was the 66 jag from indy 500.  and it only came 10 levels too late.  historic car cup is level 18.  it's a nice car, but has no application for my current progress in the game.  what happened to giving us cars we were going to need in the future? 

another example:  b spec, lecel 23 american champ series in extreme.  the prize car is an SSR truck.  too bad the truck race was 15 levels ago.  b spec european championship gives a 180hp 1983 audi.  why are they giving such low level cars for high level races? 

the combination of low cash rewards, low xp rewards, and poor prize cars (an overwhelming majority are standard, not even premium) is too much.  all three rewards can't be bad, they have to give us something for our efforts. 

EXACTLY!!  If I wasn't a trophy **bleep**, I'd have ditched this POS a long time ago.  What's up with giving you only 25-30% of the XP you need to get to the next endurance series.  I'm currently running the laguna seca 200 FOUR times to get to the indy 500 race.  A total of eight hours of the same race!  This is total bull and I assume once we get to the first 24 hr endurance race, we'll be expected to race that three or four times to unlock the last one, right?  If you have the nerve to defend this act of time larceny, you're lying to yourself and need psychological help.

Message 58 of 83 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Dec 15, 2010

santucci72 wrote:

Steal_Your_Face wrote:

EXACTLY!!  If I wasn't a trophy **bleep**, I'd have ditched this POS a long time ago.  What's up with giving you only 25-30% of the XP you need to get to the next endurance series.  I'm currently running the laguna seca 200 FOUR times to get to the indy 500 race.  A total of eight hours of the same race!  This is total bull and I assume once we get to the first 24 hr endurance race, we'll be expected to race that three or four times to unlock the last one, right?  If you have the nerve to defend this act of time larceny, you're lying to yourself and need psychological help.

OH MY ! You need to post more, where were you the last couple of days ? I actually complained that doing a 24 hrs race is incredibly stupid and no one with a life could actually pull it. A race that last for an hour, ok, 2 hours... I'm fine, but more than that ? Come on. Asian torture at it's best I suppose. Forget the water torture, just imagine yourself having to do Nurburdring 24 hrs 5-6 times...

Was I complaining about the grind ? Yes I was but seriously, this should be a reason to stop playing.

Message 59 of 83 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Dec 15, 2010

If you are lapping the field in an endurance race you are using too good of a car. The fun is supposed to be close battles, not going around the same track a billion times.

As to the prize cars, they are awesome. The Indy 500 gives you a XJ13 race car, Suzuka gives a GTR LM Race Car. B-Spec Indy gives a GT40 Race Car.

Not bad in my opinion.

Message 60 of 83 (10 Views)
0 Likes