MVP Support
43385 posts

Re: Dumb new site design killed this board

Dec 30, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

WoolySpud wrote:

Once you get past the navigation issue, which i have now with my Forum View Widget, you find that this community platform has a boat load of features that smash the crap out of the old forums. My god you can embed youtube videos in your post and make elaborate tables for god sake.

Do you work for Jive? I mean, seriously? This is a gaming forum. No one needs or wants to embed tables into posts. And embedding videos is something we can live without.

What we can't live without are forums that are actually up and running, that we can post to without having to delete cookies, the ability to edit posts (which *none* of the mods have addressed), the ability to perform a proper search, the ability to use copy and paste when making posts, the ability to immediately look up our recent posts, the ability to see which threads have new posts...

Is any of this getting through to you? None of the things you've mentioned justifies the loss of the valuable and necessary forum features that we enjoyed before.

I hear you, Aeternitas33, but tables can be useful, especially for a chart of info. I used tables with the original information centre here, too. We survived without tables for a long time, with Lithium, and they only implemented tables just before  - well you know the rest.

Now, if only we could use tables in signatures with this jive thing.

Message 81 of 84 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Dec 30, 2010

Chart formatting also shows up when you copy and paste. I found out by accident when copying numbers from Hendrick Motorsports.com Pretty cool. I have many many criticisms of the new forums but the new features (like adding a picture to a post are pretty cool). Censorship + glitches have been making me angry though.

Message 82 of 84 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Dec 31, 2010

MastrGT wrote:

Aeternitas33 wrote:

WoolySpud wrote:

Once you get past the navigation issue, which i have now with my Forum View Widget, you find that this community platform has a boat load of features that smash the crap out of the old forums. My god you can embed youtube videos in your post and make elaborate tables for god sake.

Do you work for Jive? I mean, seriously? This is a gaming forum. No one needs or wants to embed tables into posts. And embedding videos is something we can live without.

What we can't live without are forums that are actually up and running, that we can post to without having to delete cookies, the ability to edit posts (which *none* of the mods have addressed), the ability to perform a proper search, the ability to use copy and paste when making posts, the ability to immediately look up our recent posts, the ability to see which threads have new posts...

Is any of this getting through to you? None of the things you've mentioned justifies the loss of the valuable and necessary forum features that we enjoyed before.

I hear you, Aeternitas33, but tables can be useful, especially for a chart of info. I used tables with the original information centre here, too. We survived without tables for a long time, with Lithium, and they only implemented tables just before  - well you know the rest.

Now, if only we could use tables in signatures with this jive thing.

GTICGTToCA

Yes, I hear you too, MastrGT. I understand tables and videos are nice features. I'm just trying to point out that they're not essential features. There's a certain hierarchy to forum needs, and you know you have a serious problem when basic features are missing but bells and whistles are everywhere. It seems more designed for show than for utility.

Message 83 of 84 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
260 posts

Dec 31, 2010

This site sucks.New posts aren't even place on the first "page"?

You_Suck.jpg

Message 84 of 84 (179 Views)
0 Likes