Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
752 posts

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Just go on ebay.....you will be surpised at what you find. I got a brand new DFGT for $55...... and the fix that I did to my pedals lasted months....and is still working.:smileywink:

aka smokey the tire
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 82 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
8346 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I just bought some pedals off of ebay... they say "refurbished" but that could just mean cleaning it out.

Hopefully if it's going to break right away it will be in 14 days so I can return it...

never did call logitech because ebay seemed easier

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 82 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Jan 10, 2013

exXboxFan wrote:

I just bought some pedals off of ebay... they say "refurbished" but that could just mean cleaning it out.

Hopefully if it's going to break right away it will be in 14 days so I can return it...

never did call logitech because ebay seemed easier

The last set I got off ebay said "refurbished" as well. They were NOT. You can plainly see debris inside but they do work, the question will be 'for how long'.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 82 (353 Views)
Record Breaker
8346 posts

Jan 11, 2013

yea I wondered about that...

refurbished in general means "cleaned up", and the picture c ertainly looks clean.

however, I doubt they modded it to prevent the usual problems.

I will open her up when she arrives and see if there's any preventative maintenance I can do to hopefully make this one last a while...

otherwise it's new wheel time, and I can't afford that really.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 82 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jan 14, 2013

The fact that we aren't up in arms against PD about this issue is very curious...

This issue is a well known fault of pedals, has been forever, will be forever. And EVERY OTHER RACING GAME fixes the problem without costing you a penny! They simply add a user defined 'dead zone' at the start of the pedal's travel, so if the pedal pot IS dragging a hair, you simply dial up the dead zone until it is gone. Problem solved, back to racing!

But PD? Missing in action. It's players forced to come with convoluted 'fixes' that never completely fix the issue, or horror of horrors, forced to buy an entire new wheel (Logitech should not be blamed for something that every other game has learned to deal with quickly and easily) because PD can't write a basic deadzone code into the pedal setup.

It is shameful.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 82 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
752 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

The fact that we aren't up in arms against PD about this issue is very curious...

This issue is a well known fault of pedals, has been forever, will be forever. And EVERY OTHER RACING GAME fixes the problem without costing you a penny! They simply add a user defined 'dead zone' at the start of the pedal's travel, so if the pedal pot IS dragging a hair, you simply dial up the dead zone until it is gone. Problem solved, back to racing!

But PD? Missing in action. It's players forced to come with convoluted 'fixes' that never completely fix the issue, or horror of horrors, forced to buy an entire new wheel (Logitech should not be blamed for something that every other game has learned to deal with quickly and easily) because PD can't write a basic deadzone code into the pedal setup.

It is shameful.

The wheel is faulty and you wanna blame PD??  ****Removed****

Please remember to be polite to other PSN members.

Thanks

Mna_Grok

aka smokey the tire
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 82 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Dude! Every other game maker turns this into a non-issue, and you wanna blame Logitech?

If I were you, I'd avoid mirrors altogether.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 82 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
752 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

Dude! Every other game maker turns this into a non-issue, and you wanna blame Logitech?

If I were you, I'd avoid mirrors altogether.

There is no one to blame....its called wear and tear...it worked when it was new.....does the software change? or is it because we are stomping on those things for hours on end? cmon dude ...get real.

aka smokey the tire
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 82 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jan 16, 2013

The point (in case anyone could have possibly missed it) is that it is a well KNOWN issue. And that most other games deal with the issue by simply allowing a tiny deadzone adjustment.

Rather than blame Logitech for not making something that lasts forever (really? that's your assessment?!), how come you feel no blame falls at the feet of PD for not implementing the same, bone-numbingly simple fix that solves the problem for other games? Why doers PD get this free pass, but Logitech is supposed to engineer (for $125 at that) something that defies the laws of physics and economics, and never wears out? Do you honestly expect this from all your electronics?

The solution is SOFTWARE (and easy to program software, at that), not expecting Logitech to engineer the impossible.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 82 (245 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
40981 posts

Jan 16, 2013

I always thought of a deadzone setting as a software "player comfort" adjustment, not a hardware fix.

It may have ended up being used by some as a hardware fix, but that isn't its raison d'être.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 82 (242 Views)
0 Likes