Jan 04 2013
By: jaymoss123 First Son 15 posts

Driving Force GT pedal problem

81 replies 774 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

Hello :smileyhappy:

I have the Logitech Driving Force GT. When I use my brake pedal, let go off it and then get on the throttle, my brakes are slightly on. Has anyone had anything like this, if so, how did you fix it?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 82 (774 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

Jan 4, 2013

Couple of things you can try. First thing you can do is open up the pedal base and clean out any dust and debris that may have accumulated. Second thing you can try is to check the wire connections to the potentiometer and fix any loose ones. Here's an explanation on how to do that http://merc460racing.com/GT/repairing_logitech_driving_force.htm

Help sponsor me for the Continetal Tire Sports Car Challenge. Message me for details!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 82 (762 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Are there any springs inside that will be hard to put back AND have you actually done this and has it worked? I don't want to go poking around and break anything.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 82 (759 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
829 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I had this exact issue on my old DFGT and had to pull my pedals apart and fix them. While not a walk in the park, this is an issue that anyone can complete, if they use care! Be extra careful to route the wires back, so you avoid pinching them. Pinched wires will cause a host of issues.

Let us know if this resolves your issues.

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 82 (752 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jan 4, 2013

jaymoss123 wrote:
Are there any springs inside that will be hard to put back AND have you actually done this and has it worked? I don't want to go poking around and break anything.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

There are springs, but they aren't difficult to handle. There's just a notch that they sit in. I had similar pedals 4 years ago so my memory isn't 100%, but as long as you pay attention to how the springs are situated when you open up the pedals, you'll be fine.

If you just clean out the inside with compressed air or something, you might not even have to move the pedals and mess with the springs or potentiometer. When my pedals had a problem, I could just clean them out and they worked as good as  new afterwards.

I never did the wire connector fix, but many on this and other GT forums have with success. As BANG said, if you decide to open them up, just be careful and you'll be fine.

Help sponsor me for the Continetal Tire Sports Car Challenge. Message me for details!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 82 (746 Views)
PlayStation MVP
40736 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Dirty potentiometers can also be cleaned inside with electronic contact cleaner. The "sticky" pedal syndrome is most often based on just the potentiometer itself.

You may be able to cure the problem with a few sprays rather than disassembly, but keeping the inside clean really helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 82 (742 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Seemed to have fixed the problem :smileyhappy: just dusted it out..had a bit of trouble getting the pedals back in but sorted :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 82 (738 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Ok, that didn't do the trick. All the wires are on quite tight too.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 82 (724 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
40736 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 82 (716 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts