Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 24 2012
By: FlashK7 First Son 2 posts

Drifting HELP!

2 replies 206 views Edited Dec 24, 2012

Hey guys, I just bought GT5 XL Edition Yesterday and it was on sale. Then I started playing and I tried to drift, I watched many videos from Youtube about how to drift. I practiced the whole day yesterday because I didn't have to go anywhere so yeah but I still can't drift! I try the e-brake but when it turns I spin out. When I try , tap e-brake, quickly tap SQUARE and then accelerate, I drift but after about 3 seconds into the drifting my car starts going outside. PLEASE HELP!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Re: Drifting HELP!

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

I'm not a pro drifter, just things that I've found that seem to work. I had the same problem but read the manual in the game about it and it said comfort tires are recommended for drifting. you basically have too much grip. put the comfort tires hard on both front and rear, when you're ready to drift just press the E-break, you'll begin to drift, once you get the car drifting, maintain your cars drift by moving the wheel left and right from the center point as if you're going straight and to the directions you're drifting to. I've found doing this with fanning the wheel so to speak works better for maintaining the drift. now as for sliding up the track, what I've found is that you're either not fanning the wheel as described or you're going in to the turns too fast, most likely too fast (or both).

warnings
if TCS (traction control system) is set to off your drive wheels are going to spin very easily with a car that is geared low. you can either turn TCS on or use the power limiter or gear your car higher to reduce power. you also gotta make sure you have enough power to continue the drift once you're drifting.

hope that's clear enough

happy drifting

I'm a non competitive kind of player. I just enjoy kicking back and just enjoy the games.

as of 10/29/2014 I now have a xbox 360 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (171 Views)
I Only Post Everything
966 posts

Re: Drifting HELP!

Dec 26, 2012

I can only drift under "accidental" conditions.  However, here are 2 of the drifting tips and guides bookmarks that I have:

Bearcut's Drifting Guide on GTPlanet

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?s=538113ca28d7c917c783570c10c629ef&t=129740

Team Shmo Drifting Tips

http://www.team-shmo.com/Guides/drift-tips.php

Have fun drifting!

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)