MVP Support
42511 posts

Re: Drag Track

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

Time will tell.

In my mind, PD has quietly and consistently told many of it's faithful to go to the hot place.

In update after update and DLC paks they have sent a consistent message.

We don't don't care what you think.

Time has told, repeatedly. If PD wanted drag racing in GT, they have had their chances.

They also do care about what we think. Maybe not too visibly or overtly, but they have made changes according to a few things that affect us. No, not all of them, maybe not the way we wanted it to be, but they have made changes. Maybe according to their plan and not to ours.

PD is also learning about DLC. Slowly, maybe, but we are giving them feedback, with our moans and groans, and through our wallets.

Message 21 of 26 (151 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jul 18, 2012

MastrGT wrote:
PD is also learning about DLC. Slowly, maybe, but we are giving them feedback, with our moans and groans, and through our wallets.

Minor gripes about DLC aside, I'm so impressed with how much support PD has provided for GT5! The game was released November of 2010! Most games don't get this kind of support. Honestly, they haven't done that bad of a job with the DLC, in my opinion.

Message 22 of 26 (146 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8586 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I agree their support of the 1.75 yr old game is incredible compared to others.  however that needs the qualifying statement added that they did deliver a severely incomplete game.  with that said, they have gone above and beyond on a few items as far as at least attempting to listen and cater to our needs.  they miss the mark a lot of the time, but at least they try.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 23 of 26 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6677 posts

Jul 19, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

I agree their support of the 1.75 yr old game is incredible compared to others.  however that needs the qualifying statement added that they did deliver a severely incomplete game.  with that said, they have gone above and beyond on a few items as far as at least attempting to listen and cater to our needs.  they miss the mark a lot of the time, but at least they try.

If Kazunori had his way, he would have had another 2 years to release the game. That means we'd be getting the game, finally, in about 3 months. Why don't we TRY to be happy for what we did get, and when..............:smileywink:

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 24 of 26 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

Dan_Zitions wrote:

Time will tell.

In my mind, PD has quietly and consistently told many of it's faithful to go to the hot place.

In update after update and DLC paks they have sent a consistent message.

We don't don't care what you think.

Time has told, repeatedly. If PD wanted drag racing in GT, they have had their chances.

They also do care about what we think. Maybe not too visibly or overtly, but they have made changes according to a few things that affect us. No, not all of them, maybe not the way we wanted it to be, but they have made changes. Maybe according to their plan and not to ours.

I understand that, and that was part of the reason behind the dissertation.

I would agree that PD has made some attempts to change direction, that they are trying to "right the ship" to some extent so to speak.

I would also agree that they are indeed taking it slow but sure in the realm of DLC. I can understand that from a company having a first go round with it.

But I also feel that they are leaving a sizeable segment of current and possible customers unsatisfied. They have some issues that do need to be addressed if they wish to be "the" game for auto enthusiasts. They also need to continue to evolve the game in directions beyond the current limits if they wish to keep up anywhere remotely close to the competition. That is basic economics 101. Companies that fail to capitalize on their markets and keep up with market trends lose market share, lose revenue and eventually just plain lose. Companies that are ahead of the curve, that are able to anticipate market trends and develop new asssets to meet market demands tend to make money. GT5 already feels dated and is facing pressure on multiple fronts in the market place. They will need to develop some new assets and be a bit more aggressive with DLC content if they want to remain the #1 game in the genre.

Those that are satisfied with GT as it is are not a concern, you're content with what's here. Great. Thank you for your cash. Next..!

However those that are not satisfied are a concern, or at least should be. And that's the rub, as of now I don't feel PD sees them as an issue. They are content with the market they have and aren't actively or aggressively going after new customers. In niche' markets, it's possible to survive for quite awhile this way, but the racing game genre is growing, and the number of quality contenders is growing too. Game companies took notice at GT's sales figures. They also took notice of 4za's. They noticed the increases in both and realized this is indeed a lucrative enough market to make cash in if you can do a game right and create a loyal fan base. Unless you're EA, in which case you haven't got a clue...

It depends on whether the folks at PD want to grow the fan base or just keep and cater to what they already have.

They clearly have done enough to satisfy some of us. I also think they have clearly not done enough to satisfy some of us.

I am of the belief that the more I am able to do in and with a game, the more I am able to take part in playing said game. The more I am able to identify with in said game leads to a more enjoyable game experience. A more enjoyable game experience means more $$ from me, and makes me more inclined to tell other people about said experience, which will turn into additional $$ for PD from them. More $$ to PD means increased sales, increased budgets, and possibly even increased DLC content.

A less enjoyable experience means less $$, less customers, less support and less DLC. Just ask your local Shift 2 supporter...

Though many of you are satisfied at this point, GT5 has not even come close to fulfilling it's potential.

The possibilities are literally endless. What we've seen is far from that.

Beyond this is the even more basic, fundamental philosophy of "corporate image".

What does it say about a company when we still have basic errors in the game from day 1 that are ignored..?

If they ignore the obvious, what does that say about fixing those things we can't see..?

If they don't care about how they are perceived in the realm of obvious errors...

What does that say about what they think of their corporate image..?

Or what they think about us..?

Honestly, if you aren't going to fix an obvious flaw in a year plus, you aren't going to convince me you care about anything.

Least of all about what I think. It's just not a logical conclusion.

How hard is it to type the word "NOT" in a text string...?

Apparently it's approaching the realm of rocket science as it's still not corrected.

How hard is it to allow all the wheels on all the cars..?

A day or two of copy and pasting code..?

Running a subroutine to do it automatically overnight while everyone sleeps..?

If it's a licensing issue, how hard is to just say "due to licensing constraints we cannot offer every wheel on every car. We did the best we could, thank you." Problem solved.

Velcro guard rails...

Really..? Still..? Real driving what now..?

A year and a half of this.

And you want to try and tell me they hear me...

That they actually care what I think..?

Actions speak.

Words are just typed.

Or in the case of "NOT" they aren't even that.

Actions are what demonstrate caring and understanding about your customers.

Forum members standing in defense of PD's honor trying to convince me they really do care does not.

If PD wants to let the world know it hears us, the solution is simple.

Fix the simple, glaringly obvious issues that have been brought up on these forums since forever.

Demonstrate you can handle the simple.

At least then when you tell me you fix the complex I can almost believe you...

And those that defend your honor won't be left stranded out here on the front lines with nothing but words to type.

And if for nothing else, do it to show the people that defend your honor every day that you at least care about them.

I'll leave this poor thread alone now...

Photobucket
Message 25 of 26 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8586 posts

Jul 19, 2012

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

exXboxFan wrote:

If Kazunori had his way, he would have had another 2 years to release the game. That means we'd be getting the game, finally, in about 3 months. Why don't we TRY to be happy for what we did get, and when..............:smileywink:

I am, I just couldn't with good conscience mention that their support has been great without qualifying the statement with the fact that they did release an incomplete game.  Certainly part of their support has been to cover their you-know-whats.  But they've also gone above and beyond that.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 26 of 26 (110 Views)
0 Likes