Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Re: Does anyone use a wheel and not use cockpit view???

Aug 6, 2010

Vermontster wrote:

greyghost2 wrote:

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

I Think we should rediscuss it every month, so no one will need to do a pesky search or any reading. This has been argued about at least 5-10 times in the last 2 years. Some one will undoubtedly post a new thread on it within 2 days. Then we can all start this same discussion over again, and again, and again, and again..........................................................

The funny thing is, no one will ever resolve the issue. Racers that prefer Bumper cam will go with that. Cockpit view drivers will stick with their preferred view, Roof view drivers will swear it is the best, Chase view drivers will.....................................

Or we could just ignore any new threads on the same subject.

I've tried to and so have many. 

New people to this forum (and sometimes the regulars) need to be reminded that there is a wealth of information at there finger tips if they would only do a little reading and use the simple operating search function.  I don't want to come to one of my favorite sites and RE-read the same thing over and over again day in and day out.  

Am I to ignore this site for 3 more months?   You know dang well this place is going to get hammered by repetitive questions when the game releases, am I to ignore this site for three months after release?    Simply, they need to be told!

grey, I just read this and It may sound like I'm blasting you.  Not at all!!  I'm just thinking out loud and hoping newbies might listen/read.  Yeah right!:smileyvery-happy

boston77

Yes!...Let's start 50 New threads on this very topic...God Knows there aren't enough already!

This is the way it is in gaming and sim racing.....People get into what they like and are afraid to try "changing".

Which would be great, but then we wouldn't have much of anything to B I T C H about!

I agree whole-heartedly.  Problem is that other than a few of us, it's much easier to come into this forum and post a question (most of which have already been answered at least 50 times or more).  People Don't usually posess good forum manners and would just as soon look "dumb" and ask like they are noobs.  O.K., so if they do it, then they deserve the wrath that we empart upon them.  C'mon, I've seen people with more posts than me come in here and ask a stupid question that could (and Should) have been queried in the Search Box first.   It's just "easier" for them (when in all reality, they're just plain "lazy". 

O.K., I've had my rant...now what was the question?  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy  (Kudos to all of you for posting the reality of it all Smiley Happy)

Message 31 of 36 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Aug 6, 2010
What is a "noob"? LOL
Message 32 of 36 (10 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43958 posts

Aug 6, 2010

Logitech has made good, inexpensive force feedback console wheels available for GT players since GT3, all of those years ago.

Force feedback is not designed to "feel real".

It is designed to feed the brain information. 

Message 33 of 36 (10 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43958 posts

Aug 6, 2010

You never need to be at a loss for the right word: noob

Bookmark that site. 

Message 34 of 36 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Aug 6, 2010

MastrGT wrote:

You never need to be at a loss for the right word: noob

Bookmark that site. 

I didn't discover force feedback until GT4, never had a deccent playing surface for the wheel or the room for a set-up.  I like force-feedback because I can feel the resistance in the wheels some-what.  It got me hooked to GT5p , thats all that matters.

Message 35 of 36 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Aug 6, 2010
You could always move your seat to one side of the TV or the other.
DriverSports.org
Message 36 of 36 (10 Views)