Aug 05 2010
By: Sylon08 Sackboy 556 posts

Does anyone use a wheel and not use cockpit view???

35 replies 34 views Edited Aug 5, 2010

I try it, and to be honest I think the dash/hood/roof view (depending on game) is more realistic. Sure you dont have the A-pillar in your way, but if you think about it, why would you need the steering wheel and hands on the screen if you have a steering wheel and your hands right in front of you? Thats what bothers me, if you wan to make the in-car view more realistic, lose the wheel and hands.

Message 1 of 36 (34 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Re: Does anyone use a wheel and not use cockpit view???

Aug 5, 2010

Page 2, 9th post down. Reading the Forums FTW

Discussion on Driving Views

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 2 of 36 (34 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
556 posts

Aug 6, 2010

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

Page 2, 9th post down. Reading the Forums FTW

Discussion on Driving Views

Staying on topic apparently isnt. All of you jacked that guy's thread about a particular car and whether or not it has cockpit view, then you guys went on to a bickering match on which view is better and where exactly each camera is located on a car.

I just want to know who uses what view with their wheels, and why.

Message 3 of 36 (34 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Aug 6, 2010

"Bumper cam" view is better than the other views. It's a well known fact, which is why I use it. It gives me the edge I need to defeat my opponents...

For me, the bumper cam is part of what makes GT so special.  I've used it since I first played GT3 in 2001, and I feel most comfortable using it. I know exactly where each part of my car is at any given time, and I get the bonus of a giant mirror.  In any other sim I use the cockpit view, but when I want to go fast in GT, I use the bumper cam.

Message 4 of 36 (34 Views)
Splicer
83 posts

Aug 6, 2010

I've never used anything but the bumper view, and I've never played GT5P with a controller. It helps me get my swerv on.

wow_DM
Message 5 of 36 (34 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Aug 6, 2010

I don't care for cockpit view much myself. I prefer the bumper cam also.

Message 6 of 36 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2166 posts

Aug 6, 2010

I call it "first person" cam, everyone eles calls it bumper cam. No c-ckpit view here.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 36 (34 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Aug 6, 2010

i think we could discuss this till teh cows come home..

Listen to the lullaby
of carbon monoxide

Message 8 of 36 (34 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Aug 6, 2010

I Think we should rediscuss it every month, so no one will need to do a pesky search or any reading. This has been argued about at least 5-10 times in the last 2 years. Some one will undoubtedly post a new thread on it within 2 days. Then we can all start this same discussion over again, and again, and again, and again..........................................................

The funny thing is, no one will ever resolve the issue. Racers that prefer Bumper cam will go with that. Cockpit view drivers will stick with their preferred view, Roof view drivers will swear it is the best, Chase view drivers will.....................................

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 9 of 36 (34 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

Aug 6, 2010

There is no "Best"  ... only personal preference

I use interior (cockpit view) when I'm a leg up on the AI in an event and/or I'm out for a Sunday drive. I feel it adds just a bit of realism, especially with the detailed renderings, working gauges etc.  I used to use this view when I started racing online in Intermediate events, then switched to "chase view" when I started doing the Pro online events simply because I was better able to see the others cars around me and better judge proximity ... all just an attempt to minimize contact. I think there are pros and cons to each view and the best one is totally subjective 

Message 10 of 36 (34 Views)
0 Likes