Jan 02 2011
By: Zeddy64 First Son 1 posts

Dissapointed in Canada

9 replies 18 views Edited Jan 2, 2011

I am sorely upset that only the Americans can particapate in the online GT Academy Even though in brackets it says North America. Is Canada NOT part of North America???? It was when I went to school!! I paid good money for this game and have purchased EVERYONE of the GT series and now I am  wondering if I will continue to do so. Your thoughts????

Message 1 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Re: Dissapointed in Canada

Jan 2, 2011

make a us psn account or move.

Message 2 of 10 (18 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Im with ya on that part. It is a downside i agree. But hopefully there will be some more challenges put out later down the road and hopefully canadians will be able to enter as well. Dont put down the game just because of 1 small thing, brush it off, dont worry about it and keep on racing.

Message 3 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Yeah that is terrible, being Canadian myself.  There is no reason why we should be excluded when it clearly says North America.

Message 4 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28968 posts

Jan 2, 2011

It probably has something to do with legal issues, and not because of some slight on Canadians. Most contests aren't open to residents of Canada or Mexico, or even Puerto Rico which is a US territory.

Message 5 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5700 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Yes for them to exlude Canadians is a real annoyance for sure. They should at least say next time rather then say North America.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 6 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
54 posts

Jan 2, 2011

holy misleading topic title, I thought you were going to be an American complaining about Canadians.  It's a shame we got excluded but the amount I play I wouldn't get to far.

Message 7 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Zeddy64 wrote:

I am sorely upset that only the Americans can particapate in the online GT Academy Even though in brackets it says North America. Is Canada NOT part of North America???? It was when I went to school!! I paid good money for this game and have purchased EVERYONE of the GT series and now I am  wondering if I will continue to do so. Your thoughts????

First; the event is hosted by Nissan North America (the U.S.A. division of Nissan, Nissan of Canada is seperate), so that should explain the naming convention used for the event.

Second; Do you have a valid Passport and a valid Visa to work in the U.S.A.?   W/O a Visa you wouldn't be able to accept the prize of getting a contract with Nissan North America to race on their team.

Summation; You should complain to Nissan of Canada for not hosting a similar competition in your country, and understand that neither PD or Nissan North America wanted to put forth the resources or effort to do a background check on every non-US North American resident that wanted to compete to ensure that all compeititors had a valid Passport and Visa.

Message 8 of 10 (18 Views)
Lombax Warrior
260 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Sony Computer Entertainment America and Polyphony Digital Inc., in collaboration with Nissan North America, introduce GT Academy..............

Sony Computer Entertainment America......

Sorry bro. They should have left the North out of North America.

America has started enforcing security on the northern end for due to pressure to keep an eye on the southern end,so how can we/you expect a private company to check "papers"?

Sorry, but it happenes.

Message 9 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Well, I'm an American living in Canada but I'm moving back at the end of the month... just after round one so I'm going to miss this too :/ I wonder how they are going to keep this interesting after the 20th?

Message 10 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes