Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Re: Discussions on Race Etiquette.

Aug 23, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

I guess now we know who rounded up all the monkeys after the wicked witch was melted Smiley Wink

Are you a good witch...?

Or a sandwich...?

Melted mokeys and cheese.

Oz's favorite...Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 301 of 423 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

I guess now we know who rounded up all the monkeys after the wicked witch was melted Smiley Wink

How'd you get a Kudo for that whilst my song goes unpunished..?

It's a nice song.

Though admittedly the Carpenters did it better.

And it was a relief to find out they were named that because it was their name, not their profession.

I doubt Karen could have lifted a hammer let alone pound a nail.

But they did kick the Captain & Tennille's buttockal region any day of the week.

Oh... And we all know WHY the monkeys were rounded up.

Even Oz has his hobbies.

I don't know how his wife deals with all the screaming and fecal matter flying around though...

(...and suddenly, the feeling crept inside Dan's mind that he was incredibly...incredibly...and I do mean incredibly...old...)

Photobucket
Message 302 of 423 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3749 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

Well, Karen was a drummer, and a pretty good one at that. So she could hit things...

Now she was no John Bonham... but Noone was a John Bonham... except the Hammer of the Gods himself.

edit: fixed the kudos... Smiley Happy

Message 303 of 423 (355 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 24, 2012

dmcallis wrote:

Well, Karen was a drummer, and a pretty good one at that. So she could hit things...

Now she was no John Bonham... but Noone was a John Bonham... except the Hammer of the Gods himself.

edit: fixed the kudos... Smiley Happy

You are correct sir... I had forgotten that fact.

Though given the size and weight of the stick, and the type of "drumming" required for their songs, she hardly had to worry about being "overworked"...

The old Journey Drummer way back when was a sight to see. And Sr. Pert from Rush was/is always a good show. I mean that guy doesn't even break a sweat. The new drummer for Demon Hunter is my kind of guy though. Looks like somebody's dad, beer gut and all...but man can he go at it.

Gotta respect the gold hats. Can still remember Buddy Rich on that old baby set going off. What that man could do with so little...

I had the rhythm, but I couldn't keep the time. Maybe with a ton of practice, but I always found my mind wandering off, even in the complex parts. Just had too many lanes on the highway. Now my reflexes are so bad I couldn't keep a beat with a collar and a lock box. Besides, Al Gore still has my lock box and won't give it back. Says he keeps his carbon credits and his inter web secrets in it.

I got a Bass for Christmas. Haven't played since school days. Thinking I'm going to go Ray Charles. Shut my eyes and learn to play again by feel. The logic part of my head is shot, but the mental picture side still works pretty well. Figure IF I have any shot of learning, and more importantly retaining what I learn, it'll be through "feeling" my way along as opposed to stop, look and listen.

That and I'm 10-15 years in the past, so much of what was new then is new now.

The other day I was just sitting as I used to listening to the Cars' Candy-O and some old Psych Furs...

It was like I hadn't heard them before, yet I knew them. Very odd, yet oddly satisfying at the same time.

Many thanks for the "Kudo Corrective Initiative".

Your support is greatly appreciated, even if frowned upon by the current establishment.

Now, I shall venture forth to ride the dog like a small horse and see if they frown upon it...Smiley Very Happy

The Spell Checker says "dmcallis" should be "Admirals".

First, congrats on the promotion.

Second, sorry for not noticing you were twins...

I feel sorry for exXboxFan though. His correction is "soapboxes".

He does sometimes get that preachy thing going...

But he's usually right though, so I guess it fits. Smiley Happy

Guess none of us are "Gars" though. He's so well known he actually has his name in the list of corrections...

Photobucket
Message 304 of 423 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 24, 2012

lol.... soapboxes....  the universe... ahh nevermind.

i have been known to use the adjective "Gar-like" once or twice.

and if I get a trap/lap time that ends in .529 I consider it a good omen.  Smiley Embarassed

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 305 of 423 (341 Views)
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Aug 25, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

and if I get a trap/lap time that ends in .529 I consider it a good omen.  Smiley Embarassed

I feel like I heard this "Gar-like" expression before...I think you said that when I ran in the first GT-Sats with you guys. We were running the BMW 135's around Madrid...Seemed like ever since that race...my skills have dropped off...LOL! 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 306 of 423 (325 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 25, 2012

tguns16 wrote:

exXboxFan wrote:

I feel like I heard this "Gar-like" expression before...I think you said that when I ran in the first GT-Sats with you guys. We were running the BMW 135's around Madrid...Seemed like ever since that race...my skills have dropped off...LOL! 

You do realize, having GARbled this "allaGARy"...

That in every race from now on, GARanteed everyone will be making GAR references...

ReGARdless of whether you're driving couGARs or 59 Fiat slugGARds.

Or whether you are in the GARage, haGARdly hanging on for a top five or GARnering a victory.

Or just plain driving like GARbage and staGARing to the finish.

Even if you simply stop to enjoy GARlicky GARnished KanGARoo and smoke a ciGAR whilst picnicing by yonder GARd rail...

IrreGARdless of where you drive... You shall forever GARner comments reGARding this post.

Be it from KinderGARtners or vulGAR old men.

I'd suggest you GARisson up with some liquid courage before each race with a marGARita...

It'll take the edge off and make the vaGARies less GARish and vineGARy.

And less of a pain to the area behind your rear most underGARments... Smiley Happy

Please to accept my suGARcoated apology for the vaGARies of this post.

I pray you don't stagGAR under the greGARious nature of my GARrulous ramblings...

And forever continue to GARner the GARlands of Victory..!

Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 307 of 423 (314 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4661 posts

Aug 25, 2012

Oh My GARd!

Message 308 of 423 (309 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Aug 25, 2012

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

You guys are silly Smiley Tongue 

Message 309 of 423 (287 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
829 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

It was a GARgantuan effort by DZ though.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 310 of 423 (275 Views)