Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: DLC to support Japan disaster refief...can PD do this?

Mar 17, 2011

no thanks on donating to Red Cross...  dont trust them.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 31 of 41 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Mar 17, 2011

@anjen, I personally think that americans do owe them... I see you're canadian, so technically, your country doesn't bear any responsibility for the last huge dose of radiation they received... mine does, and I feel some sense of obligation to help in some way.  the peace cranes we sent them in high school doesn't really feel like enough.

though some disagree that dropping the nukes was a bad idea, I still strongly believe you should never attack civilian populations... not saying you disagree, just stating my own beliefs..

@those saying they can't afford it, if you are christians you should remember the story of the woman in rags from a story Jesus told who gave her only coin compared to the rich men who reached into their giant bags of coins and gave many of them.  Her sacrifice was bigger and she was considered to be the one who realy "got it".  I'm not judging you if you aren't of the same beliefs as me, I'm just reminding anyone who may have heard that story, not to forget its message

@ those who say that the government should help, well of course they should, but do you have a phone line to the president to tell him to help?  I don't.  The White House switchboard, even under the "change" candidate, is still a dead-end.

Message 32 of 41 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Mar 17, 2011

Even when /if people make donations you do realize that it then can be used as a tax write off. So in fact u do get something back , so why not have some chrome line or stealth cars put out there to buy towards a relief fund. Makes sence to me. I know theres much more going on than PD/Sony thinking about this type of stuff but ya never know.

Message 33 of 41 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Mar 17, 2011

yes as I said in another thread, given the magnitude in loss of life, it is probable that many of the Polyphony staff have lost someone, or many, depending on what part of the country they are from etc.

Message 34 of 41 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1686 posts

Mar 18, 2011

Corporate Polyphony Digital is located in downtown Tokyo. 

110 employees.

Good luck and best wishes.

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered." George Best
Message 35 of 41 (45 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1199 posts

Mar 18, 2011

All due respect...Instead of asking others (telling others what to do), make a donation yourself. There are countless orginzations for this. Charity comes from within, not by asking others to do what you haven't done. Actually, the thing they need most is time. They will come back even stronger than they were. Don't fall for all the misinforamtion coming out of there.

It is very bad and tragic, but that's what makes boys into actual corageous men. Tragedy should strengthen, not weaken men.

Message 36 of 41 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
531 posts

Mar 18, 2011

There are a lot of companies that are doing thing like this.  I'm getting some cool braclets from Bungie.  If the don't find my buddy that moved back there after their son passed here.  Plus will give what else I have to to help.

Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content.
Message 37 of 41 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Mar 18, 2011

More than likely, PD already has the DLC in the can waiting for Sony to  ok the drop

Message 38 of 41 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1974 posts

Mar 18, 2011
exXboxFan wrote:

@anjen, I personally think that americans do owe them... I see you're canadian, so technically, your country doesn't bear any responsibility for the last huge dose of radiation they received... mine does, and I feel some sense of obligation to help in some way.  the peace cranes we sent them in high school doesn't really feel like enough.

though some disagree that dropping the nukes was a bad idea, I still strongly believe you should never attack civilian populations... not saying you disagree, just stating my own beliefs..

Ever hear of the rape of Nanking ???  Talk about attacking civilian populations ???

We owe Japan nothing for anything resulting from WWII.  I realize that 99% of the Japanese alive today had nothing to do with WWII, but neither do 99% of Americans.

Point is if we want to donate based on this disaster, and pure kindness then OK.  But doantions for the latest tragedy in Japan having nothing to do with anyhting that occurred during WWII

And I'm not flamming you ... just saying....I'm old enough to remember WWII and the suffering of the people in the countries that the Imperial Japanese Army conquered.

Old age is not for sissies.
Message 39 of 41 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Mar 18, 2011

FTR, I am a US citizen and the portion of my family that is of European stock (also part Native American) has been here since the mid 1600s.

I will in this case go out of my way to avoid a flamewar over this with respect to the Japanese people in their time of suffering, and because I respect you. And that's where I would like to leave it, but I won't rescind my comment. We "owe" them nothing for what happened, and in fact, even the most conservative estimates of how it could have been finished may very well have left both of us as never born beings and PD as a memory of something that was also never born, due to the staggering number of people who would have died in a conventional invasion on both sides.

Please, I implore you to drop this now.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 40 of 41 (45 Views)
0 Likes