Nov 23 2009
By: Dravonic Hekseville Citizen 303 posts

DFGT or G25?

25 replies 113 views Edited Nov 23, 2009

I'm thinking about taking the next step and buy a wheel. I've been holding back long enough 

I'm kinda lost though. I'm hoping I can get some help to decide. As fars as I know, both the DFGT and the G25 are great wheels but I don't know which to get. I'm aware that the G25 has better pedals and a clutch and although these are nice things I don't know if it's worth the extra money. I'm more worried with the force feedback. Is there a significant difference between the DFGT and the G25 FFB? Is it worth the double cost? Are the DFGT pedals too simple/toyish? Can I use a DFGT in a PC? Anything else I should know? Bottom line I need help to find out which is best for me.

I would like to point out that the extra cost is a bigger problem around here. I'll be paying the equivalent of 2 PS3s in a DFGT and the equivalent of 4 PS3s in a G25, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Message Edited by Dravonic on 11-22-2009 05:53 PM
Message 1 of 26 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Re: DFGT or G25?

Nov 23, 2009

Only thing i can say is if you looking for that authentic feel in the wheel the DFGT has made quite alot of people happy,

If you looking for that one step further the quality of the g25 is the appropriate action

Personally speaking as a G25 user i can fathom anything less, this wheel makes the game a completely different game from the controller users.

i know i can never play a Racing Sim with out a g25 caliber wheel.

Listen to the lullaby
of carbon monoxide

Message 2 of 26 (113 Views)
MVP Support
44769 posts

Nov 23, 2009

Dravonic wrote:
I'm aware that the G25 has better pedals and a clutch and although these are nice things I don't know if it's worth the extra money. I'm more worried with the force feedback. Is there a significant difference between the DFGT and the G25 FFB? Is it worth the double cost? Are the DFGT pedals too simple/toyish?

The build quality between the two pedal sets is night and day.
For one thing, the G25 pedals are metal and not plastic.

I point this out because I have broken plastic pedals without being even rough with them.
The build quality may have other advantages for you, too.

Force feedback should feel very good with both wheels. I have used a Pro, not the DF:GT yet, and there should be a big difference with the older, original FFb of the Pro. The G25's FFb should be close, but Logitech is supposed to have improved the feel of it with the newer DF:GT.

The cost seems grievous enough to take your time and plan a wheel purchase carefully.

Cheers,
Message 3 of 26 (113 Views)
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Nov 23, 2009
I've used three wheels from Logitech an was sadly disappointed in their response
Message 4 of 26 (113 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 23, 2009

I have both a G25 and a DFGT. 

I got the DFGT first, and I really liked the wheel and had no plans of purchasing a G25. But one day I ran across a deal to good to pass up so I bought a G25 to see what it was all about.  

After having used them both, I lean towards the G25, the biggest plus is the padal shifters on it where the DFGT has a little button type thing behind the wheel. The G25 as a whole seems a lot smoother and more precise. 

Dont get me wrong the DFGT is a great wheel, plus it has a PS button so no need to have a controller near you to switch from game to XMB for messages or chat.

I personally dont think you would be going wrong going either way, but if you got the extra cash, I would go with the G25. 

Photobucket
Message 5 of 26 (113 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Nov 23, 2009
Force Feedback is largely a matter of personal preference. While the FF on the G25(G27 in my case) is stronger and possibly more accurate, the Force Feedback on the DFGT is just fine, and strong enough. I have my FF on my DFGT turned down to 4, as it will make my right shoulder ache after a few hours when set on 7-8. I am currently racing all the time with my DFGT, but will undoubtedly switch to the G27 when GT5 supports the paddle shifters.
 photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 6 of 26 (113 Views)
MVP Support
44769 posts

Nov 23, 2009
I've used the older wheels and the G25 - two extremes when it comes to resolution.
More is better.

If nothing else, if you can, try both wheels and then you can make a wiser choice.

Cheers,
Message 7 of 26 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Nov 23, 2009

Thanks for all the info. I'm leaning towards the DF:GT simply because it looks good enough already. The G25, while better, also seems to be more than I need. A pricey overkill basically.

I still have doubts with the force feedback though. I've read a lot of reviews but I never had the luck to find a review comparing the two. I'm still don't know if there's a sizable difference in that aspect and if so, I believe I'll get a G25. Further force feedback info/comparison is deeply appreciated.

Message Edited by Dravonic on 11-23-2009 11:24 AM
Message 8 of 26 (113 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 23, 2009

I agree with what Swerv_Griffin said above.

The FF on my G25 is stronger, maybe a little more precise than the DFGT. One thing I do like, my G25 doesnt make nearly as much noise as my DFGT does. The DFGT is no slouch in the FF department at all, and I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one, but if I had the option of a DFGT or a G25, I would take the G25. 

Photobucket
Message 9 of 26 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Nov 23, 2009
Ok thanks everyone. I do have another question though. Is it a problem having only 2 buttons on the wheel? I figure I would use them to look left and right and I can't think of anything else I would need while racing but maybe I'm missing something.
Message 10 of 26 (113 Views)
0 Likes