MVP Support
45425 posts

Re: Corvette C7 DLC

Nov 29, 2012

Took mine for a drive. With no tuning available, we will need to be "careful". Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 56 (388 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1053 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I enjoyed the way it drove. Took it for about 1 1/2 hours on the ring for the 4 hour event. Ran in the range of 8:50 - 9:00 mark. Im suprised at how high the gears are in this thing. It took draft from another car to hit 6th gear at about 200mph. Can't wait to throw a wing on it and do some GT style tuning on it.
 photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 32 of 56 (375 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
867 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Downloaded Corvette C7 last night, but didn't have time to drive it. I am disappointed we can't tune it, but I guess it is only a teaser!

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 33 of 56 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 29, 2012

sweet.  just saw this thread as I've been away for a little while...

that confirms that our previous update did indeed include a car and that anything over 100mb probably does include new content.  The timing of this DLC release is probably only out of an agreement with GM, and not some sort of desire to make us download things we can't use.

PD knew they had a release planned for the timeframe of the most recent one.  They probabyl didn't know whether they'd be ready for another release by now, and they decided to include it in the 2.09 update so it was ready for us when GM said they could release it as a teaser.

I think there is a good possibility that the unwrapped and tunable car will be paid DLC, however.  But there's always a chance that Kaz wants to satisfy some of us who have complained about too many Japanese cars of similar make and model, sometimes free, and sometimes not.  He/they could give it to us free and make us a very very happy, or just make us pay a dollar for it and make us just slightly less happy.

Anyway you slice it, a dollar for a new car that we actually wanted to get is not a bad deal at all.

This is proof that PD is listening to our requests, in general ways at least.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 34 of 56 (346 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45425 posts

Nov 29, 2012

When the Black-mask GT-R, "lost" its bra, the Black-mask just disappeared and we got the normal version.

Message 35 of 56 (332 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1053 posts

Nov 29, 2012
You go ahead and have your viper "F'ers". I'd much rather have a Vette
 photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 36 of 56 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3905 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Now it obviously isn't so, but I was tempted to joke that "when we get the car without the cammo, what if it turns out to be another GT R instead of the 'Vette?"

It would be typical.

Luckily I restrained myself... Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 56 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 29, 2012

that would be funny DM.

crow, I prefer Vettes and Chevy in general over Vipers & Dodge as a brand, but I do have to say this new prototype is a  handful for the amount of power it's putting down.  it took upgrading the tires to get it to be able to handle like anything else we have in the game and even then it seemed to want to argue with my driving inputs the whole way around sarthe.

I really hope the real car is better tuned than this digital re-creation...

Mastergt, as for the GT-R masked car, this one has in the description something about how the body style isn't even representative of what the new shape is going to look like once it's mask is removed.  THey at least will have to make a nother digital model (mayble already have and maybe... just maybe we already have it in the game) to get the real car.  I'd wager that we will be getting another update before 1/13 in order to get us ready for the new wireframe and tuning options.

Message 38 of 56 (316 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45425 posts

Nov 29, 2012

They still had to design two models, so however they do it, history shows that the rollover can be seamless. PD doesn't always do the same thing twice in the same way, so we will learn the details soon enough.

No laser scanning trucks left in the parking lot this time. Smiley Tongue

Message 39 of 56 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 29, 2012

haha, what's funny is that when I read your post the random image shown in your sig was Taku and Ken!  Did you happen to see what kind of van they jumped in as they left SEMA?

Maybe their vans could benefit from one of these specially engineered masks?

Or one of those posters that John and Yoko liked so much that read "This is not here".

Of course the unveiling could be done seemlessly.  I just suspect that our 104MB update last month was this one car model plus the several code updates they listed.  While I don't know for sure how much space a car model actually takes, 75-100MB sounds about right to me.

So it really depends on whether I'm right about that filesize half-educated guess, or if that last update actually included two cars.

On the positive side, if I'm right that means we'll need another 2.10 update which could have all sorts of other exciting goodies in it.  Hope so.

Message 40 of 56 (309 Views)
0 Likes