Feb 24 2013
By: anjen Gaming Beast 2341 posts

Closed temporarily: > was>> Wanna Drive? Online sunday practice room on Eiffel custom course

[ Edited ]
7 replies 250 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

EDIT: Never mind for now. Room closed. I'll try again another time.

Hi folks,

so, I'm bored. Opened a room online this afternoon for freerun on a custom course called "French Twist". I plan to leave it running through this evening, although I may step AFK from time to time although still connected.

I probably won't be firing up any actual races, mainly because I hate administering, but if you're bored too, happen to have a ~500pp car (I'll allow up to 510pp, preferrably without use of limiter to achieve desired max pp), that isn't a true racecar, and you might like to try custom course someone else created for enjoying a moderately fun moderately fast(ish) country road, feel free to stop by for the next few hours.

Recommended? I'm driving an '02 RX-7 spirit R @ 496 pp w/sport softs, averaging ~85mph, (slightly over 3 minute laps) some turns drop to ~50s, so idk...mid-range sportcars and ~sporty cars seem to be the most enjoyable, at least to me... I'm sure better drivers will be able to manage 2 minute laps with the right setup and skill.

FWIW, I originally created it and a bunch of others back when Cappucino-RMs had a moment in the sun, but I've found I enjoy the course even more with my RX7. 

5.06 mile loop
Eiffel (road) base
High bank
fixed width roadway
1 straight, along stands 0.63 miles
63 turns
elevation change 355 feet
nice weather, no gas or tire wear....(yes, I know, how unreal!)

Edit: 1 restriction. off track/grass is set for "real"

Since it's a freerun, I really don't care if anyone uses their assists or not, nor do I care whether you use sticky super soft racing tires or rickety wooden carriage wheels. If you could, I'd probably let you run on your rims, long as you don't crash into everyone. whatever floats your boat. I prefer sport medium or sport soft and am using sport soft just because I'm tired and haven't spent nearly enough time driving lately.

I also don't know really how to make rules of engagement, but I guess the basic rule is be courteous. I don't expect everyone to be a retired or aspiring race car driver, but if you're a newbie or significantly slower than someone, don't road hog or face the boot. And if you Are a retired or aspiring racecar driver, well, please recognize we're not all as hep and amazing, m'kay? use headphone, don't, use a keyboard, whatever. I probably won't be chatting. I just don't have the focus today for it and will just try to pay attention to staying on the road and avoiding collisions (presuming anyone shows up)

Maybe look at it this way. A person can play tennis or ping pong two ways.
1) For the win
2) For the volley

I'm looking for those who ultimately want #2 and consider that #1. Good laps over "the win" ... although I sitll find myself slapping the wall in few turns when I forget where I am there ARE a couple of places that will bite you if you're not looking... enage in personal "races" with other if you like, but there very likely won't be any official race, and, if you do, try to remember we're all on the road. Common sense prevails. idk, like I said, I'm bored. (and a bit clueless when it comes to announcing rooms)

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 1 of 8 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3687 posts

Re: Wanna Drive? Online sunday afternoon evening practice room on Eiffel custom course

Feb 24, 2013
Wish you luck, but if you want to, you could come over to the Sunday Cup event. It'll be opening again at about 6:00 (about 1/2 hour).

This is Speed Week. The fastest cars we have at the fastest tracks. Only limits are no F1 or X201x's...

I'm glad you have offered an alternative, but you (and all) are welcome there as well.

Maybe next week, if not today. But then I do not wish another Sunday of boredom on anyone...

If anyone is interrested, send a FRiend Request to SCORE-Room. I'll check before I open tghe room at about 6:00. Shooting me a note at dmcallis after that will let me know I need to go accept a request, but it could be a few minutes as I'd have to switch logins...

Message 2 of 8 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Re: Wanna Drive? Online sunday afternoon evening practice room on Eiffel custom course

Feb 24, 2013

Thanks for the invitation.. Yeah, I didn't realize and not trying to "compete". If the rooms stays empty (as it has for the past hours and a half) maybe I'll pop over. 

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 3 of 8 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3687 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

And I was not tryng to hurt your event either. (noone has joined me yet either.) I guess the Nascar events (real and not) are keeping the race fans occupied... LOL

Message 4 of 8 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5022 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Yes. that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! Smiley Very Happy

I have some other things to do now, so I wont be able to make it at all tonite. Sorry. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 8 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Feb 24, 2013

np. I kinda figured folks might be busy with other things today. Just offering. there haven't been any takers during the past ~two hours, so maybe I'l just try again another time.

Message 6 of 8 (208 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44632 posts

Re: Closed temporarily: > was>> Wanna Drive? Online sunday practice room on Eiffel custom c

Feb 25, 2013

This thread was made for this kind of impromptu event. Smiley Wink

The title invites people to look, you just have to lay out the plan for the day.

Message 7 of 8 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Re: Closed temporarily: > was>> Wanna Drive? Online sunday practice room on Eiffel custom c

Feb 25, 2013

thanks and sorry MastrGT. I'll use the correct thread in the future.

Message 8 of 8 (179 Views)
0 Likes