Feb 07 2011
By: MeWinYouLose Sackboy 627 posts

Clear System Cache (In GT5)

4 replies 3730 views Edited Feb 7, 2011

Under network, in the options menu, there is a option to "clear system cache". Doing so will NOT affect your game save data or your game data.  When a long time is spent on-line racing new people, small amounts of info is saved temporarily. Yet doing this clear system cache, seems to suggest otherwise. Think of it this way, all those cars that you race against, that you don't own, or those paint colors that you have not seen. They get saved somewhere. Installing game data does not install all the paint colors and cars. If you see a flashing icon in the lower right of your screen that says "installing", it means some part or all of the car was not viewed before. Does long game load times ring a bell.

In short, clear system cache, should keep your game save under 1mb. 

What do you expect? It is only a game.
Message 1 of 5 (3,730 Views)
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Re: Clear System Cache (In GT5)

Feb 7, 2011

thanks for the info, for I was about to return this 6 days old PS3 as defective...

My games really actin goofy... At the start my car just sit at the line while all the rest take off...

Rains at the start of a race an I've got Racin Slicks on...

Trailing cars will be half the track behind then next camera shot their on my tail an passing me right at the finish after I've led 98% of a race...

It's impossible to try to win under these handicaps

Message 2 of 5 (3,730 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Feb 7, 2011

Seems to of worked, games running much smoother now... What a shame this wasn't mentioned by PD, or even dealth with during development.... go figure

Message 3 of 5 (3,730 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Feb 7, 2011

No luck my friend.....

Save still BIG.......!!!

Message 4 of 5 (3,730 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts