Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Re: Censor filter?

Nov 16, 2012

Oh the pain of gamepad typing.  The PSN text chat filter is more sensitive than GT5s, but only *****s out the offensive portion(s).

The funniest one to me  is Z06 gets turned into *** in the PSN chat.

Message 11 of 14 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2967 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Yeah it seems kinda silly, too bad the moderator functions arent automatic like the censor.

Its all about extremes I guess, over the top language filters but absent moderation.

This place should come with a headache warning label.

Message 12 of 14 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Nov 19, 2012

The true absurdity is that you can't TYPE certain words, but you have mike capabilities that allow any yahoo to swear like a sailor and, in race, no way to find out WHO is talking at any one time. Oh, and no quick way to mute ALL mikes even out in the lobby. Be nice to have an icon that indicated 'All MIkes Off', so that people with mikes could recognize that they cannot be heard, and need to type to communicate.

My favorite blunder on the word censor is the fact that you can type 'pass', but you can't type 'passes'...!

Message 13 of 14 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Nov 19, 2012

the fact that people still buy into "curse" words is pretty absurd to me. Its like we still like were still living in the spannish inquistion days were trying to explain that the earth is round will get you on the cross.

Its not the words that  you use, its how you use them.

im sorry but saying the "F word" and "**bleep**" is the same thing....

Listen to the lullaby
of carbon monoxide

Message 14 of 14 (175 Views)