I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

Re: Cannot join online rooms

Feb 18, 2013
Yes, I did read through the help post, thanks. I will try reinstalling the game again, but I'm not sure about the different stages? I delete, restart, immediately prompted to update, and then asked if I'd like to install files on the HDD. Are these points where youre saying to check for issues?

There did seem to be a glitch after my reinstall. All the cars in my garage lost their thumbnails or whatever. When I search through, I have no images, so must change the view to a text description style only.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (193 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2567 posts

Feb 18, 2013
That one is easy.

Point to a car on the list, hit triangle, and selecty "create thumbnail for all cars". Depending on how many cars you have, this could take a while.

Note that you could do one country or manufacturer at a time if you have a lot of cars.

Or, naturally, one car at a time.

Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (190 Views)
PlayStation MVP
40794 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Evdogg1 wrote:
Yes, I did read through the help post, thanks. I will try reinstalling the game again, but I'm not sure about the different stages? I delete, restart, immediately prompted to update, and then asked if I'd like to install files on the HDD. Are these points where youre saying to check for issues?

Right. You can stop after each update, to check as you go along. You just have to cancel the next one.

When you do this, take your current profile out of the equation. Copy it somewhere safe before you start, such as onto a USB memory-stick. So long as GT does what you expect, continue to the next update. At some point, you either find a fault or you are done and everything works. If you then re-install your old profile, it will either work or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (184 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

Feb 22, 2013
Well, I"ve tried the reinstall a second time and it did not work. Gave it a few days, logged on again, and to my suprise (and hope) there was another update (2.11).

I crossed my fingers that this update would somehow help my issue, but alas, it has not. Extremely frustrated. I know my next move is to call Customer Service, but I've just not had the time yet. And, perhaps cynically, thinking they're just going to tell me to reboot my router, make sure there's gas in it, ask if my system's turned on, etc...
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
40794 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

Since you can't get on-line to play (I presume), calling SCEA sounds right.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (146 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Welp, a call to SCEA has done no good.  They had no idea what the issue could be, suspected it was on the developers end and their servers, but could not provide me a number to contact them, which is odd.

I tried finding a number for Polyphony Digitial (still not even convinced I should be calling them anyway), but I haven't found one. 

Back to the SCEA service - they were stumped.  Had no options to even try. 

Bummer.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Have you tried connecting directly to the modem? That could possibly narrow down where the problem is occurring.

Help sponsor me for the Continetal Tire Sports Car Challenge. Message me for details!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Yes, I've been hard wired connected from the start. My PS3 sits about 3 feet from the modem/router.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
40794 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

No, what he suggested doing was to take the router out of the equation and hook directly into the modem, if your modem is not combined with the router into one unit, that is.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

Feb 23, 2013
yes, it is a combined unit. one in the same.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (105 Views)
0 Likes