Jan 05 2011
By: Jimmyg_az First Son 1 posts

Can someone tell me where to get the sport trucks; and whats up with the B-Spec races where you have no control?

6 replies 18 views Edited Jan 5, 2011

Can someone tell me where to get the sport trucks; and whats up with the B-Spec races where you have no control?

Message 1 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2604 posts

Re: Can someone tell me where to get the sport trucks; and whats up with the B-Spec races where you have no control?

Jan 5, 2011

A) You can buy a FORD SVT F-150 Lightning in the Used Car Dealer (it comes up randomly) and if you complete I believe the IA License you get a Hemi (don't recall the truck full name).

B) Just think of B-Spec like a Pokemon game.  You have to train your driver(s) to race and thats about it.

----------------------------------------------
"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
----------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Re: Can someone tell me where to get the sport trucks; and whats up with the B-Spec races where you have no control?

Jan 5, 2011

Go to the online dealership and grab one, or win one from completing a licence.

How do you mean with B-Spec?

Message 3 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
442 posts

Jan 5, 2011

I will admit the trucks are a little bit harder to come by. But I found the SVT after a day or two, but I just got the SS Concept last night for it was the first time it showed in my used lot.

Message 4 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Jan 5, 2011

Jimmyg_az wrote:

trucks from used car dealerships or the IA license. It's a bit of a hit and miss when using the used car route.

As for B-Spec, B-spec has all the races as for A-spec, but you train an AI driver (or many with time) to be an integral part of your race team.

This allows you to increase cash flow and buy more cars and upgrades and repairs without sitting in front of the console 24/7

There are four control commands you can issue to your B-spec driver to train them (and aside from car tuning settings like suspension, downforce etc, which are dependent on purchased car upgrades from the tuning shop and GT Auto  ).

The four training commands are

• Pace Down - slow down a bit!
  • Maintain Pace - try to ride the next guy's rear end (my interpretation anyway)
  • Pace Up - speed up!
  • Overtake - Try to pass

Choosing the right command at the right time will properly train a B-spec driver, win the race, and increase his capabilities. It takes a few repetitions on a course to train him, and more if you issue too many poor choices.

Each command has a time-out, so you can't just comand and command in quick succession.

Surprisingly, it can also train you...

Good luck

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 5 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jan 5, 2011

B-Spec also allows you to wring a bit more use out of a car.

Ill be honest--there are cars that I like to drive, and there are cars that I have to drive. For the ones that I am forced to buy for a particular race, it allows me to get some more credits off of it by using it for B-Spec (the races are identical, just B-Spec races are a bit longer, and have different tire requirements) Plus, you get more money, and more cars that way, before throwing the car back into the seemingly bottomless pit of your garage, never to be seen or heard again.

Message 6 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

Jan 5, 2011

When you do B-Spec think of it as pokemon as stated above or think of yourself as a manager of a company and the racers are your workers making you profit - their salary is the experience they earn lol

if you find yourself busy with something doing homework, helping your kids, eating, watching a movie - obviously you can't be playing GT5 at the same time but you could still be earning money

Yes, you can play with them. Smiley Wink
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 7 (18 Views)