Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Re: Buying Standard Cars

Feb 7, 2011

I love buying standard cars, ild prefer them to be premium but standard cars are simply awesome; NSX-R LM prototype road car, Takata-Dome NSX JGTC, Benz 190 E Evo II road car, Pagani Zonda C12, Zonda C12 S, Benz SLR '03, Pennzoil Nismo GT-R, etc etc etc....i love it all. I wish all 1000 were  Premium but hey, they're still good and they look a bit better than GT4 in most cases.

Message 11 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

Feb 7, 2011

If you are talking about having to buy the cars that are supposed to be available in both Premium and Standard, you can relax.  I have never seen any of the Standard versions of those cars in the UCD.  For example, the '69 Camaro Z28 is supposed to be available as both a Premium and Standard car.  I have the Premium '69 Camaro Z28, but have never seen the Standard '69 Camaro Z28.  Same for a couple of the Ferraris.  I have never seen a Ferrari in the UCD.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Feb 7, 2011

If only standards show up in the UCD, then u will NOT see any Ferraris there as they are all preemies.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 13 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Feb 7, 2011

buzbuz33 wrote:

If you are talking about having to buy the cars that are supposed to be available in both Premium and Standard, you can relax.  I have never seen any of the Standard versions of those cars in the UCD.  For example, the '69 Camaro Z28 is supposed to be available as both a Premium and Standard car.  I have the Premium '69 Camaro Z28, but have never seen the Standard '69 Camaro Z28.  Same for a couple of the Ferraris.  I have never seen a Ferrari in the UCD.

You're a bit off, No there is no Standard '69 Camaro Z28 but Yes there is a '69 Camaro SS that offers up 100lb. feet more toque than the Z28 Premium. I bought it, fully tuned it and gifted it.

Message 14 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8924 posts

Feb 7, 2011

Rojovo wrote:

They could've at least put the standards and preemies together in a singvle dealership(1 4 each manufacturer) with 2 sections - 1 4 the preemies, and 1 4 the standards, then they could just get rid of the UCD completely.

UCD is awesome!
I love looking at it and seeing nothing, but crap wagon grocery getters, then 5 races later, coming in and seeing a Ford Falcon!

It's cool seeing rare cars pop up amongst a list of junk cars.

(Ford Falcon rules!)

Message 15 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Feb 7, 2011

StevenSSX wrote:

In previous GTs, I recall we could buy most cars new right?

I was thinking about this last night some, if I remember correctly in the previous GT games (specifically GTs 2 and 4) the dealerships were more about "new cars" Vs. "used cars" with a few exceptions like certain historic, concept or race cars that often could only be viewed but not brought. 

So for example in GT2 you could buy say a '99 Subaru Impreza WRX STi VI from the New car section (it was new at the time) but older Imprezas and other model Subarus were only available in the Used section.  In GT4 you could buy an '04 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec C from the New car section but the '99 Impreza WRX STi VI (that was a new car in GT2) was available in the Used car section.

As we know for GT5 that format was changed basically (in my opinion) so they could showcase the new highly detailed "Premium" cars in the manufacturer Dealerships and relegated the low detail "Standard" cars to the Used Car lot.  To be honest I miss the format from the previous games, I mean I do understand their wanting to show off the new high detailed stuff but I just felt the New Car / Used Car format worked better for the type of game Gran Turismo is.  It's silly I know but I kind of felt like it added a little touch of realism to the game, being able to go to each specific dealership to buy a brand new (at the time) car or  scour the Used Car lot for cheaper sports cars and the occasional rare gem.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 16 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

Feb 7, 2011

Yes, all of the Ferraris are preemies.  But according to the car list, two of the Ferraris: the Enzo Ferrari '02 (car #189) and the Ferrari F2007 (car #193) are also Standard cars.  When they say a car is available in both versions, I assume that the Premium version shows up in the New Car Dealership and the Standard version shows up in the UCD.  But I have never seen the Standard versions offered in the UCD.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Feb 7, 2011

buzbuz33 wrote:

Yes, all of the Ferraris are preemies.  But according to the car list, two of the Ferraris: the Enzo Ferrari '02 (car #189) and the Ferrari F2007 (car #193) are also Standard cars.  When they say a car is available in both versions, I assume that the Premium version shows up in the New Car Dealership and the Standard version shows up in the UCD.  But I have never seen the Standard versions offered in the UCD.

There are several mistakes on that list.

There are no standard Ferrari's in the UCD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mygranturismo.net/10464             1041 unique vehicles.....let's trade

Thanks to the 1.07 update, this has been reduced to 936 tradeable vehicles

Tickets: LVL 5/9/12/17/21/24/1000                  Birthday Tickets: 1998 thru 2010

Vehicles currently set to borrow on dharbert1 : Camaro SS Edge Special, X2010 Prototype, FGT, Chaparral 2J, Silverado SS, ZR-1 RM.     I have one slot open, so if you would like to borrow a specific vehicle, PM me and I will add it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 18 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
728 posts

Feb 8, 2011

I think the best way they should've done is a separate dealership; Premium and Standard dealership, so we don't have to go wait for cars to show up. I don't know about you but my UCD keep showing the same f'in cars. Also Past GT games allowed you to change wheels, why not on the standard cars? It ruins the car when you do a paint job and the wheels doesn't look right.

Message 19 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

Feb 8, 2011

I dont like that the UCD doesn't Show you if a Car is a Standard Car or a Premium Car.

You don't find that out till it's in your garage.

Message 20 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes