Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Re: Buick Special '62

Dec 1, 2010

BlackIceLSC wrote:

I won it and havent even given it a second glance.

all the HP in the world is useless without handling, and right now, since I don't *need* it, I aint spending a dime in it.

But one of these days I'l go take it for a spin, throw some handling at it, and some gooey slicks, and some added HP and drive it in to the back end of every car out there as payback for all the spins/blocks/bumps/torture they gave me.

BTW...someone should make a Buick only room online and play smash-up derby.

I remember the car from GT4, and it's always had a spot in my mind as "useles unles you want to drag race"

I wonder why PD chose the '62 as their juggernaut. I would think maybe something a little more realistic as a 'fast car' would pique their interest.

If you put a full suspension on it and tune it properly, it WILL handle well. My PS3 is off right now, and I am in the pits fueling up on coffee. I will post a tune for this beast later today if I remember to. IIRC it goes FASTER overall around a track, without the Max Turbo kit installed. Sometimes too much power will overpower the handling ability of the most brilliant car. Remember this from GT4 when boosting the Minolta Toyota 88CV with a Stage 4 Turbo? That was a quick way to ruin the fastest car in the game. I'm just Sayin..............

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 31 of 41 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Dec 1, 2010

Can a turbo be removed or "unequipped" after it has been installed, or is it one of the things thats a permanent change once you use it?

Message 32 of 41 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Dec 3, 2010
Can you hook a brother up with a decent setup for it? It handles like a dumptruck -- pushes like a mutha.
Message 33 of 41 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Dec 3, 2010

Don't know what you guys are talking about. I drove that thing stock through 3 events. Sure its a bit wild in the corners but just give it the right touch and Boom! Dynamite! Although good luck getting over 5 laps with that thing in stock. It goes through tires like a baby with diapers. 

Message 34 of 41 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Dec 3, 2010

hahaha lol it east tires? 

I haven't noticed Tire wear too much yet mostly because I'm at a low level (I guess)

Message 35 of 41 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1924 posts

Dec 3, 2010

ok, ok....I take it back.

I was WRONG(yes, you read it here)

Ok, so out of boredom, I hopped in the '62 "not so special" and took it for a beat run at La Sarthe

Holy mother of....

wait, eerrrrrr......stop the bus. Let's try this again.

MEDIUM SLICKS

Ok, now lets try this again. Just for kix and wiggles, I decided to just enter the "classic old little cars" race in BEGINNER...

bunch of old Japanese cars...I dont know...whatever they are. Old space-age wanna be compact cars(Datsun Roadsters were cool  as were those old Mazda thingys)

anyway... Mulsanne straight has no kinks/chincanes at this event.

what do I do?....naughty naughty....I decided to "bump draft" the little Import on the front bumper of my "low Ride-Oh" and see if he can handle 150+ mph....he tries to slow...FAIL....he tries to swerve away/off my grill...FAIL....he cannot stop in time for the sharp turn....SORRY

and then I was in the alps, driving along a scenic tarmac track known to us as Norgenweigenlanden  aka Eiger Nordwand. at the end of lap 1, while still bullying the little imports, I crossed the S/F and had a car in front of me...we made contact(me going 200 mph to his 20. lol) and just then it happened.

I earned my FIRST "roll over trophy"

it was epic

replay was saved, and when I find the time, I'll upload it. I made contact with his rear bumper just as i left the pavement over the small jump(on tarmac) just past the S/F...my nose went down and next thing you know (in Goose's voice from Top Gun) I was Inverted.

But back to reality. The Buick, with some slicks and a tune/set up, is fine. Definitely needs to be slowed way down for corners, but getting back up to speed is easy enough to overcome such things.

Swerve...when you get back from your potty break, if you want to toss up a tune, we're all eyes.

My garage

http://www.mygranturismo.net/1724

Drafting? Draft this!

Message 36 of 41 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Dec 3, 2010
that car is nasty. Used it last night, wished it was a premium though...

And it handled fairly well with upgraded suspension, I can't say I did any tuning either... I am interested in putting a little more into this car...see what happens...
PS network name: Randum
Message 37 of 41 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Dec 3, 2010

Yess this car is amazing.

Message 38 of 41 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Dec 4, 2010

exactly Ranmun"  All I can say is I wish it was premium.. I love it.. Its best for your B-Spec dirve too. Mine kills in it...

PSN- HerpesForLife
Message 39 of 41 (39 Views)
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Dec 5, 2010

Yeah car this car definately deserved to be premium.

Message 40 of 41 (39 Views)