Splicer
92 posts

Re: Best Drifting Vehicles in GT5.

Mar 9, 2012

Has anyone said the HKS Genki Hyper Silvia RS2 yet? I tried it out with the stock settings as soon as I got it and I was getting 15,000-16,000 at the Tsukaba Circuit no problem. All I did was experiment a little with the tires. The Car is really nice and it drifts amazing also, can't go wrong there!

Here's what it looks like in real life, even better

http://users.skynet.be/shok/LFS/Sources/HKS_Genki.jpg

Photobucket
Message 81 of 141 (2,793 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Mar 9, 2012

I like to drift with any type of Lotus Espirit I won a GT5 Drifting Trophy with that car and I'm so proud of myself and that car

Message 82 of 141 (2,793 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 22, 2012

I'm having great fun drifting a Ford RS200 in the online comps at the moment, anyone else tried it?

Message 83 of 141 (2,793 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 25, 2012

Okay, first post here, so hello everyone. Not new to the game, or new to here. Been lurking here for a long time, thought it's time to open my account...

I drift a LOT of different cars (Over 100 tuned drifters in my garage), here's my favourite sliders:

NOTE: I only drift on COMFORT HARD tyres. Man up and try it sometime...

TOYOTA SUPRA RZ '97 -  732 HP

Newly acquired Weapon of Mass Decimation. Big angles, think smoke and power to burn 6th gear anywhere, this car is certainly a fun and dynamic drifter, requiring very little effort and testing to get a good drift setup... With more time at my fave tracks this car could well and truly become my favourite competitor...

HOLDEN COMMODORE SS '04 - 708 HP

My flagship and All time favourite drift machine. 708 hp with supercharger for exhibition (also have a second car in full race trime with supercharger - flogs LMP V12 around Nordschlieffe), 624 hp without supercharger for competitive drifting.  23000pt Drift Trial score at Tsukuba (I use it as a proving/testing ground for ALL my drifters). Hardcore smoke machine, no one likes drifting behind me on account of the smoke screen, and no one likes me behind them because of the progressive speed this car drifts with.. Can drift tight and fast for quick laptimes or wide and deep for wow factor. It's an absolute weapon and it never ceases to put a smile on my face...

NOTE: If you're gonna try an SS, stick with Stage 1 exhaust, the other ones make it sound like an over-exhausted turbo 6 with no back pressure...

HOLDEN MONARO CV8 '04 - 708 HP

Bit like the Commodore in front end handling and edginess, but a bit heavier in the back end. If the Commodore is too skaty for you, then this thing is just gonna have you lookin backwards down the track in no time at all... LOADS of fun to play around in tho... Big angles and hardcore smoke!

NOTE: Same deal with the exhaust as the SS...

FERRARI CALIFORNIA '08 - 630 HP

Absolutely nuts - 300km/h drifts with a 7 speed paddle shift, anyone?

LOTUS CARLTON '90 - 627 HP

Total shock factor. Never expected this car to do anything special but it really is a very well balanced drifter. Bit heavy for my liking, however, I still get it out for fun shows with my team crew.

CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR-1 '09 - 619 HP

First car I (accidentally) drifted thru a set of corners in GT5. Very light and dynamic and excellent steering, I actually find myself over-countering this car when I get out of my weapon of choice, the SS Commodore. Certainly enough power to sustain long smoky drifts and snappy in the steering, recommonded for those who think fast, live fast.

AMUSE S2000 GT1 TURBO - 597 HP

Light and loads of fun, this car loves big wide angles and can curl its way around almost any circuit with ease. Power-Weight ration: Insane...

MASERATI GRAN TURISMO '08 - 559 HP

Meaty V8 sound and snappy handling to boot, this car is probably the most fun if you can drift it. Loads of power and the gearbox is awesome, one of my friends drifts one of these religiously and its a sight to behold trying to chase it around Trial Mtn.

FERRARI 512BB '76 - 554 HP

Hardcore. Unforgiving. FUN AS HELL! I don't drift this one often but when I do, it's a lot of fun... Loves to hang it wide, but snaps back violently, be careful of this, or tune your settings to accomodate your style...

AMUSE S2000 GT1 '04 - 547 HP

As with the GT1 Turbo, these cars are mad fun straight outta the box. Less power than it's Turbo brother, it's not a bad thing, it is actually easier to control, but wont go the distance in top gear between corners like the Turbo will... If you're gonna buy one, then buy its brother for comparison... You'll love one of em...

AMUSE NISMO 380RS SUPER LEGGERA - 520 HP

IMO, the only Z worth drifting, has the power and handling to get out there amongst the big boys and hold it's own. Most ricers hate this car being drifted in front of them because they simply can't outdo you. Poor them...

NISSAN S15 SILVIA SPEC-R RM - 457 HP

Race Mod'd S15... Light, powerful, and quite easy to control, it's a very fun car to drift and is good for the semi-beginner to get out there and make a good impression. This is one S15 that actually leaves a smoke cloud behind it, unlike many many others...

BMW M3 CSL '03 - 454 HP

Just a little bit fancy. It drifts, it barks and makes a good amount of wow factor. One of my favourite cars to show off in, this thing has it all, but might not handle the way you like it. Extensive setup required if its gonna be your Daily Drifter...

AMEMIYA FD3S RX7 - 442 HP

If you're a Kiwi Drifter, then no doubt this is the only car you drift... Sharp handling, and good power delivery, it really does drift quite smoothly, even past 45 degrees...

NISSAN 200SX (S14) '96 - 433 HP

When in Rome...This one does the trick very well. Excellent beginner drifter and will also show you how a more powerful car will react on straights...

NISSAN SILVIA K's DIA SELECTION (S13) - 394 HP

If you wanna teach yourself how to drift, then this is probably the car I'd most recommend. Not too much power, and very responsive handling, this is one car that will look after you and show you the ropes... Looks amazing in full JDM style, too

TOYOTA FT-86 CONCEPT '09 - 392 HP

Light, Edgy, Drifts fast... Light and powerful, I built these 86's mainly because of the hype, and they certainly live up to them if you're a fan of the original AE86

TOYOTA FT-86 G SPORTS '10 - 378 HP

Light, Edgy, Drifts fast... Light and powerful, I built these 86's mainly because of the hype, and they certainly live up to them if you're a fan of the original AE86

TOYOTA 86 GT '12 - 376 HP

BMW 2002 TURBO '73 - 355 HP

Old school inpression factor. This car really loves to get big angles and thick smoke, hard to get the speed up while drifting, this car would much prefer to drift around in top gear spinning the wheels but only doing 60km/h. Loads of fun tho...

MITSUBISHI LANCER EX 1800 GSR '83 - 329 HP

If you wanna surprise your drifting amigos and also have fun at the same time, give this thing a go. Shocks anyone who sees it in full flight, it has the ability to do everything most drifters can, but with more impression factor

NISSAN SILVIA (CSP311) '65 - 209 HP

Last but CERTAINLY not least is my fave old school. The '65 Silvy might not have a lot of power, but chuck some comfort hards on it and go for a fang. It's mad fun, and really makes the boys in S14's pay attention. Great sound, Mad handling, it really is a FUN FUN FUN car to drift, also whoops ass over any pre-70's car so it's handy to use in the Historical races - In full drift trim on comforts DO TRY IT!

That's not all of my fave drifters, there are many more, I have far too many class drift cars to list, and if I knew how to get my screenies over to the web I'd post a few up... Any help on how to do this without taking a pic from my phone and uploading it, would be heavily appreciated... I'd love to be able to post a video of my SS or Supra RZ in action

I have only written all this to show my fave cars and hopefully guide those who wanna get into drifting towards a few choice models, not arguing superiority of any of my cars...

I'd also like to point out that I am not a pro drifter, I just drift with those who are. My SS Commodore is one of the most recognisable cars running the late night scene in the Aussie drift rooms and if you've seen it in action, you'd know I know what I'm on about I'm normally out all night, every night, so come slide with me!

Message 84 of 141 (2,793 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

May 20, 2012

samba bus

Message 85 of 141 (2,793 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 23, 2012

Hey guys a buddy of mine made a video of me drifting the whole Cape Ring North. Hope you all watch and enjoy!!

Message 86 of 141 (2,793 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

May 23, 2012

I think all of the cars in the game make good drift vehciles.  they were made by PD and that company knows what theyre doing with car physics.  they got them all right.  Love it!!!

Message 87 of 141 (2,793 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

May 25, 2012

I do not believe that video clip. LOL So what program did you use to pull off a side ways jump drifting. An there's just know way your using a controller!!

An I must say I can't drift well at all. Max points: 2987 LoL that sucks!!

Oh and the "Genki Hyper Silvia" is the only car I can some what drift or slide with.

Photobucket
Message 88 of 141 (2,793 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

May 27, 2012

super drifiting fun!  how to get your car so fast around corners like that without falling off track?

Message 89 of 141 (2,793 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2788 posts

May 28, 2012

audioinstaller wrote:

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

I wouldn't say I have Mad Drifting Skillz, but here's how I do.

It's Like This, and Like That, Son. What What ???

Photobucket

My man SWERV  drifting that alfa is hott

the Lexus LS-F Racing Concept makes a good one tooGrand Valley Speedway_4.jpg

Just a little something something

I personally use an RMed Subaru Impreza, but that also looks like a LOT of fun (plus, it's sexy too )

Guess I'll have to buy this car at the Dealership today!

Message 90 of 141 (2,793 Views)
0 Likes