Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Re: Best Drifting Vehicles in GT5.

May 28, 2012

i wish i could drift fun lik eeveryone here!  How do you do it?

Message 91 of 141 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

May 29, 2012

What we need are Drift settings: Suspension and Transmission for the Advanced drivers as well as the lower level drivers. Or setting that we can start with and learn how to change to build our skills.

Photobucket
Message 92 of 141 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

May 30, 2012

White_R34 wrote:

What we need are Drift settings: Suspension and Transmission for the Advanced drivers as well as the lower level drivers. Or setting that we can start with and learn how to change to build our skills.

+2

I cannot figure out which tires to put on, and on which end they should go?  Where do the spring weights need to be?  How about engine things?

Message 93 of 141 (732 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1178 posts

May 30, 2012

Usually comfort softs or comfort hards, depending on whether you intentionally want slightly more grip ( comfort softs, faster entrance and exit) or more tire spin (comfort hards, more under steer for corner entry). The transmission should be set pretty low for top speed as drifting is about cornering speed while the tires are spinning. Front Engine, Rear Drive works best, preferably with a decent amount of power, and I find the American Muscle cars are easiest to drift and learn to drift.

Photobucket
Message 94 of 141 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

May 31, 2012

mrmuffins4747 wrote:

White_R34 wrote:

+2

I cannot figure out which tires to put on, and on which end they should go?  Where do the spring weights need to be?  How about engine things?

my typical drift car consists of a rear wheel drive car, lower the ride height, increase spring rate, comfort soft tires.

the car i learned with was the older viper gts in the new car dealership, fully customised except no stage 3 engine or stage 3 weight reduction.  with the suspension settings like i just mentioned.

photo CIMG1810_zpse1fd5a4d.jpg
Message 95 of 141 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Jun 4, 2012

audioinstaller wrote:

mrmuffins4747 wrote:

White_R34 wrote:

+2

my typical drift car consists of a rear wheel drive car, lower the ride height, increase spring rate, comfort soft tires.

the car i learned with was the older viper gts in the new car dealership, fully customised except no stage 3 engine or stage 3 weight reduction.  with the suspension settings like i just mentioned.

okay i will try to drift with those settings.  good fun i hope!  otherwise it will be back to the drawing board

Message 96 of 141 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Jun 4, 2012

I usually avoid posting in threads that are this many pages long, but as far as what car(s) to use for drifting, I would guess that using a car such as the BP Falken RX-7 or the GENKI-HYPER Silvia would be a great candidate since those cars were built specifically for drifting in RL. Another good choice would be any regular RX-7 - they're not too big, not too small, and have good balance...I used the preemie Spirit R Type A '02 for getting the Dream Drifter trophy.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 97 of 141 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jun 7, 2012

The RX-7 TC makes a great drift car.  It's unbelievably light and you can get over 500hp out of it. 

The Genki-Hyper Silvia does make a great drift car to learn in.  It's what I started in, because the suspension is already set-up.

photo CIMG1810_zpse1fd5a4d.jpg
Message 98 of 141 (732 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 13, 2012

i drift in the aristo. iv maxd it owt

Message 99 of 141 (682 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts