Apr 09 2011
By: Garconis Ghost of Sparta 15951 posts

Best B-Spec event for Credits, and for XP?

25 replies 2095 views Edited Apr 9, 2011

I'm trying to increase my XP for B-Spec so that I can finish off the B-Spec mode (i.e., I need to get to Level 40 to do the Nurburgring 24h). So I've been doing the Circuit de la Sarthe 24hr to increase my XP. I assume that is the best race (i.e., highest XP/minute) to increase B-Spec XP?

What about the best credits per minute. I'm not getting much credits for doing that 24hr race. There has to be a better one to get more Credits/Minute. Because I'm also trying to simultaneously get all the cars in the game too.

Oh, and just to let you know, this isn't part of my sig.

www.GarCard.com

PlayStation Network ID & Xbox Live Gamercard: Garconis
Message 1 of 26 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Re: Best B-Spec event for Credits, and for XP?

Apr 9, 2011

As far as endurance races go...

The Nurburgring 4hr race gives the most experience points per minute/hr. That is true in both A & B spec modes.

Message 2 of 26 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Apr 9, 2011

As far as credits.. use/borrow a vettel and do the a spec "like the wind" at Indy... just keep starting the same race.

Or.. you could just get a bunch of friends to race your B spec guys in remotes... I get between 1 and 2 million credits per day from that... and others here get way more.

Message 3 of 26 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Apr 9, 2011

that's bout 70/k cr. an 14K XP points

DCC pays out a tad better

Message 4 of 26 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
428 posts

Apr 9, 2011

Dream Car Championship in extreme series,,1 hour 20 minutes give or take a few seconds, (with the Vettle)

86,600 to gold times 5.... 433,000, to take 1st place in the series....= 866,000 cr..XP's average from 36,000 to 45,000.

approx.  195,000 XP................... for an hour an 20 minutes or so....just sayin

hrdp_2010_13_o+hot_rod_deluxedesktop_wallpapers.jpg

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 5 of 26 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Apr 10, 2011

The "Like The Wind" 5 laps on Indy pays 70,000 as Choochie mentioned... miss the days when it paid..was it 96.. 98k?? I forget.

But if we are just talking about credits.. not exp points... it is still the fastest way to rake in the cabbage!

As I said... use/borrow a vettel. This race can be run in 2 minutes and 45 seconds.. just did it again to make sure.. it's been a while. Then you have about 20-25 seconds of down time to collect your rewards etc... then you hit start again. It's about 3 minutes and 10 seconds to do the race and then begin a second one.

That gives you a tad short of 19 races per hour.. so say you do 18. 18 x 70,000 = $1,260,000 per hour..... but on the down side.. I have never been able to keep my attention to grind like that for very long. So maybe mixing it up in other events is better. To each their own.

Experience points are a completely different matter... I was only pointing out which endurance race gave the most per minute. Even if other B spec events can grind out more.. I found it easier to put her on auto-glide for a few hours.. that was easier for me than constant monitoring.

I now return myself to my regularily scheduled runnin' of the Bobs.......

Just a quick edit..

If the DCC gives 195,000 exp points for 80 minutes.. that is 2,438 per minute

and Nurburgring 4hr gives 682,105 for 240 minutes.. that is 2,842 per minute

the above is for B spec.. A spec gets 2,063,947 exp pts... or 8,600 per minute.

Message 6 of 26 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
428 posts

Apr 10, 2011

Correct me if I'm wrong but the OP wanted to know the best b-spec grind,,the 5 lap Indy in"like the wind" is a-spec, 18 laps in b-spec....Dream Car Championship in B-spec races are an average of 15 minutes so you get to goof around in between races and if you use the FGT or the Vettle there is no monitoring...hit start and come back in 15 minutes, collect and start the next one,, wham bam thank you ma'am....just sayin

file_1242449.jpg

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 7 of 26 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15951 posts

Apr 10, 2011

Thanks for all the input, guys. As some may know, I'm already somewhat of an expert when it comes to grinding in A-Spec. See this thread for that:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3409051?start=0&tstart=0

But I obviously am not as interested in A-Spec XP, since I'm already at Level 40 for that (and am just waiting for in-race game saves so I can finish out the last 2 endruance races). But yes, now my goal is to increase my B-Spec XP to the max, and attempt to get the most cash I can, at the same time.

I could just do the auto-grind in A-Spec to get the most cash, but then I'm wasting time that I could be using to increase my B-Spec XP. But I'll take the "Like The Wind" race into consideration when I need quick cash (as I do now, so I can get those new Online Dealership Cars).

I have, and pretty much only use, the X2010 when grinding either B-Spec or A-Spec. On another note, I'm trying to max out my B-Spec driver's "experience/career", to get that trophy. And I heard that's based on the number of races entered (or won?). So the endruance races probably aren't the best for that (obviously).

So looks like instead of re-entering the 24hr Sarthe endurance, I should be entering the Nurb 4hr instead, to gain XP quicker. Good to know. Thanks again!

Oh, and just to let you know, this isn't part of my sig.

www.GarCard.com

PlayStation Network ID & Xbox Live Gamercard: Garconis
Message 8 of 26 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Apr 10, 2011

Re-read all that I wrote.. If I was unclear as to when I was talking about B Spec experience and just getting credits in general.. then sorry.. I tried to be as clear as I could when referring to each. The original question was about BOTH B spec exp points & gaining credits....

You are correct.. the like the wind A Spec race wont get you many B Spec exp points! (in fact.. it will get you ZERO!!).. it will get you the most credits per minute though. As I pointed out above, Nurburgring 4hr is best for B spec exp points... I hope I'm clear this time??

Message 9 of 26 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Apr 10, 2011

There was a good deal of information in this thread and thanks to all for sharing your tips. However when it comes to b-spec, nothing can beat a good group of about 10 friends running your bobs ragged. I think it was mentioned in here before but not enphasized. Friend me up Garconis and leave me some racers online, I usually run 6 to 10 races a night and would be glad to throw 3 at a time in each race, my only request is you return the favor at least once in a while.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 26 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes