Dec 24 2010
By: Nascar_Nut_88 Uncharted Territory 1450 posts

B-Spec - Historic race

9 replies 28 views Edited Dec 24, 2010

ok, seriously... my lvl 21 driver is constantly hitting the inside of the hairpin/chicanes corners on cote d'azur.... what the heck is up with that?

it's like he turns too much and slams the front of the car into the inside of the corner wall... anyone else have that problem? i tried a bunch of settings, tried getting him to slow down, he just consistently nails the wall... getting frustrated...

PSN TAG
Message 1 of 10 (28 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: B-Spec - Historic race

Dec 24, 2010

K i'll try that again.

If you use the Toyota 7 race car you receive from winning B:Like the Wind then you shouldn't have trouble crushing this event.

Just try to keep bob cool through the corners.

Message 2 of 10 (28 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 24, 2010

My level 31 driver does this crap too.  So I retired a lower driver and got a new one and passed with no problem..  Front brakes level 0 rear brakes six

Message 3 of 10 (28 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I had similar issues with my drivers. I had chucked the turbo in mine and my driver were 21 at the time. They all did the first race at grand valley (I think?) with out issue. But at D'Ivore they had a massive fail fest. They would either hit the turn coming around toward the finish line or mistake the clutch for the fail pedal at that little chicane thingy coming out of the tunnel.

I finally won when I brought a driver back at level 23 and wouldn't let him get above 75% in the pace meter thingy. It's not super advice I guess but your driver has really go to be over level to pull off that race it seems.

EDIT: Really? F a i l  is a bad word?

Message 4 of 10 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2645 posts

Dec 24, 2010

SnipeStyle wrote:

K i'll try that again.

If you use the Toyota 7 race car you receive from winning B:Like the Wind then you shouldn't have trouble crushing this event.

What settings are you using with your Toyota 7? I can not win the race for the life of me. I am about to blow up my bob lvl 25 with 154 wins, still ridiculous taking the dang corners at 38 even if hes cool of in the deep red.

Message 5 of 10 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Dec 24, 2010

My BSpec'er getting his ass handed to him in this race also, until i took the max mph down about 100. I had the Toyota maxed out under the tranny settings for top speed/mph. I went in and dumped about 100 mph off top speed and he proceeded to kick the other bots asses in the race.

Message 6 of 10 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2705 posts

Dec 24, 2010

SnipeStyle wrote:

K i'll try that again.

That's a load.... My dude is level 28 and still hasn't won this event. He had a good attittude last night so I sent him back in for another go. He passed 2 cars before the tunnel and then turned directly into the wall after. Best result to date is 2nd. Between that event and Daytona, I can't decide which is the bigger joke.

Premier Member MY350Z since 11/03/2005
Photobucket
Message 7 of 10 (28 Views)
Fender Bender
3066 posts

Dec 25, 2010

I finished second in this race about three times...one of the runner-up finishes, I was leading with two laps to go.  Fan car was closing on me and so my B-Spec Bob was crapping himself.  He blew his load in the final turn, hit the wall and fan car passed me before B-Spec Bob could get back up to speed.  That really chapped my butt.

Another time, I was in third early in the race (Lap 2, I think), my driver went through the tunnel and down the hill.  The guy running in second hit the wall and so I told my driver to "Overtake".  Instead, he plowed into the guy, then backed it WAAAAY up, waited for everyone (yes, everyone) to pass and then proceeded to fall back in line in 12th.

I finally beat it today and it was a nailbiter.  My tranny was set to a top speed in the high 160s or low 170's, I think.  At 155, he gets sweet acceleration, but he's hitting the chip going up the hill where he usually gets most of his passes.  I did, however, finish second one of the times I had my top speed set at 155, so some of you might want to try that. 

PSN ID: U2EDGE

60/60 Gold Licenses
S. Vettel: All Gold

A: 40 - B: 40

Message 8 of 10 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2645 posts

Dec 25, 2010

I finally won last night took about an hour and a half. I switched my turbo from the high rpm one to the mid-range one and it got the job done second try.

Message 9 of 10 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3066 posts

Dec 25, 2010

Z-MANIA wrote:

SnipeStyle wrote:

K i'll try that again.

That's a load.... My dude is level 28 and still hasn't won this event. He had a good attittude last night so I sent him back in for another go. He passed 2 cars before the tunnel and then turned directly into the wall after. Best result to date is 2nd. Between that event and Daytona, I can't decide which is the bigger joke.

Premier Member MY350Z since 11/03/2005
Photobucket

Here is the key to Daytona.  It wasn't even a contest.

PSN ID: U2EDGE

60/60 Gold Licenses
S. Vettel: All Gold

A: 40 - B: 40

Message 10 of 10 (28 Views)
0 Likes