Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Re: Awesome Racing stand setup for only $30

Feb 3, 2011

Mine above was built from an old piece of exercise equipment ( re-configured ) a seat I bout for $50 from an old race car , some plywood I had kicking around , in total minus the wheel itself about $60 bucks

Racing from Oakville , Ont Canada

GoFastOrGoHome
Ramjet Express
Message 11 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Feb 3, 2011

I see I'm not the only one who picked up a couple of those great sawhorses from HomeDepot... @$20 each, they were a steel..(pun intended)

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 12 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
604 posts

Feb 3, 2011

I hate to be "that guy".  But that thing is going to slip, rattle around like mad, lose tension until finally it has to be reinforced with screws and support braces then not be able to be adjusted anymore just so it doesn't keep falling down.  I hope whatever your father builds for you is more sturdy. 

@Smoking_Rubber  Does that actually work well enough and not bounce around when you're doing really fast quick hard turns?  I was planning on building a table but if that works I can save myself some trouble and money.  As in can you actually attempt the vettel challenge with it and not lift it off the ground? haha

Photobucket
Message 13 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1686 posts

Feb 3, 2011

Evil-_-Nox wrote:

@Smoking_Rubber  Does that actually work well enough and not bounce around when you're doing really fast quick hard turns?  I was planning on building a table but if that works I can save myself some trouble and money.  As in can you actually attempt the vettel challenge with it and not lift it off the ground? haha

Photobucket

Yes, it's extremely stable.  It's really wide and made from steel so there is absolutely NO rotational give.  It's capable of holding over 2,000 lbs!    There is not much stopping it from any push-pull forces ... but you have to be doing something seriously wrong if you're pulling on the wheel LOL.  I completed the Vettel Challenge using it.

I love it.  It folds up and slides into the corner VERY EASY.  It's super easy for anyone to sit down and use it because you just pull it up to your seat and you're off and driving.  Definately a One-Size-Fits-All type of driving rig imo.  The cup holder is mandatory, and I'm planning on adding a little tray on the left for my remote, pipe, or phone.

It comes in ROOKIE YELLOW only ... but I lost my rookie stipe a long time ago.   Krylon Flat Black is the way I ride.

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered." George Best
Message 14 of 20 (43 Views)
Sackboy
604 posts

Feb 3, 2011

smoking_rubber wrote:

Evil-_-Nox wrote:

Photobucket

Yes, it's extremely stable.  It's really wide and made from steel so there is absolutely NO rotational give.

Hey driver, work your hands - not your mouth!

Nice, thanks man.  I will try one then.  I figured it was going to cost about $80 to build a table anyways and if I can get away with doing that then I will.  I can always return it if it didn't work out for me I would imagine so I have nothing to lose.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Evil-_-Nox wrote:

I hate to be "that guy".  But that thing is going to slip, rattle around like mad, lose tension until finally it has to be reinforced with screws and support braces then not be able to be adjusted anymore just so it doesn't keep falling down.  I hope whatever your father builds for you is more sturdy. 

Photobucket

oh don't worry this guy is resourceful and would refuse to make anything less than a reliable stand - he really got into it when he came back from work the other day and i had it out - before I even asked he was already looking at it planning what to do

Yes, you can play with them. Smiley Wink
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

Feb 4, 2011

smoking_rubber wrote:

Evil-_-Nox wrote:

Photobucket

Yes, it's extremely stable.  It's really wide and made from steel so there is absolutely NO rotational give.  It's capable of holding over 2,000 lbs!    There is not much stopping it from any push-pull forces ... but you have to be doing something seriously wrong if you're pulling on the wheel LOL.  I completed the Vettel Challenge using it.

I love it.  It folds up and slides into the corner VERY EASY.  It's super easy for anyone to sit down and use it because you just pull it up to your seat and you're off and driving.  Definately a One-Size-Fits-All type of driving rig imo.  The cup holder is mandatory, and I'm planning on adding a little tray on the left for my remote, pipe, or phone.

It comes in ROOKIE YELLOW only ... but I lost my rookie stipe a long time ago.   Krylon Flat Black is the way I ride.

pic plz?

Yes, you can play with them. Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Feb 4, 2011

very niceand efficient, i like it. when i saw the red paint i knew a ferrari decal was inbound.

Message 18 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

Feb 4, 2011

rxpapi12 wrote:

smoking_rubber wrote:

pic plz?

Yes, you can play with them. ;)

The Pic is there. Page 1

It's the Black Saw Horse with Smoking Rubber on it, the Wheel, and a Cup holder.

You didn't see it?

Message 19 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4305 posts

Feb 4, 2011

smoking_rubber wrote:

Evil-_-Nox wrote:

Photobucket

Yes, it's extremely stable.  It's really wide and made from steel so there is absolutely NO rotational give.  It's capable of holding over 2,000 lbs!    There is not much stopping it from any push-pull forces ... but you have to be doing something seriously wrong if you're pulling on the wheel LOL.  I completed the Vettel Challenge using it.

I have 4 of them that are used as intended. I wouldn't recommend loading them with 2,000lbs but for a wheelstand they are more than adequate. The only thing I'd do is screw on a wider top (3/4 plywood or a 1x8) to support the entire base of the wheel.

Message 20 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes