Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Re: Average Age of GT5 players?

Feb 3, 2013

see23 wrote:

Nurbergring seems to be  sore spot for some people and I hear about the dislike to outright hatred of it, online as well.

I really believe there is a serious benefit to learning this track for developing car control and to help stave of alzheimers in the process.

I use it as a warm up and test for new cars and before I go online to compete.

It's a great course because it's a narrow demanding course that gives you enough of a challenge without needing other cars on the track. It's also difficult to memorize so that each time you need to stay alert rather then just getting into a 2+ turn rhythm of a regular road course.

The faster the car, the more your car control reflex will develop but forget the Redbull X if it's to much to handle.

Think of it as a country road with no speed limit and no possibility of hitting a cow or a mailbox.

Do you know where the eagle sits?

Can't agree enough with what you wrote. I'm not able to play GT5 on a consistent basis, (sometimes a weeks or even months will go by before I can play) so my skills fall off.  First thing I generally do when I get back to it (prior to entering an event or after I fail miserably a few times) is several laps around Nurburgring to remind myself of the nuances I fogot during the downtime.
 Yeah, I know each course has it's particulars, but Nur. seems to capture many of the critical lessons all at once.
No, I have no idea where the eagle sits!

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 101 of 142 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Where the eagle sits...

I'm asking because I don't know where it was but I have seen it! Did they take it out? Who is "they" anyways?

I'm sure its on the Ring around turn 5 to 10 in a tree on the left. I looked for it but i'm starting to think it was on GT4.?

This old age thing is getting to me!

Message 102 of 142 (352 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44754 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Are you thinking of the ape in the Trial Mountain tree?

Message 103 of 142 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3264 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Nessy in Trial Mountain!  Smiley Wink

Bigfoot was in a Tiger Woods PGA Tour game once.

The eagle obviously sits on it's nest.  LOL

Message 104 of 142 (346 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44754 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Nessie isn't "sitting", so that's how I narrowed it down, plus more players know about the ape.

Just a guess, though.

Message 105 of 142 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

Feb 4, 2013

it's in gt5 too

IMG0007_02.JPG

Message 106 of 142 (317 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Feb 7, 2013

See23, I was surprised at how well the X-2011 behaved around Circuit de Sarthe in the rain.  I stayed off the walls, and stll managed to lap the field 3 times in the first 10 laps.

Then I ran out of gas.  THAT is a long drive to the pits from Dunlop.....

If its a video game and doesn't require a steering wheel, is it worth my time?
Message 107 of 142 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Feb 14, 2013
What were you racing (mode)? AIl Xs?
All that down force in the rain! Could you imagine (in real life) the spray off the back of it, sucking the water up off the track!?
Message 108 of 142 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Feb 14, 2013

see23 wrote:
The location of my router needs to change. Can't reach it with a cable. My wifi signal is stable at 100% so I'm not sure a cable will make a difference. Its always seems to be peak times, like Saturday, that I have the problem. Im thinking it's may be the service provider but I'm wondering if DSL is normally ok

a cable'd connection will always operate more reliably than wi-fi.  you are losing packets of info due to interference and loading a web-page you wouldn't notice it.  but in a game those lost packets can cause havoc as the game tries to figure out where on the track you're supposed to be and whose right next to you and decide whether a collision should occur.

if you can't relocate the wireless gateway to plug into it, get a really long cable Smiley Wink

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 109 of 142 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Feb 14, 2013
It's done.
I had the DSL router moved and have run a cable directly to the PS3. Much better!
Thanks!
Message 110 of 142 (186 Views)