MVP Support
44370 posts

Re: Average Age of GT5 players?

Jan 28, 2013

I was thinking more along the lines of pressure-tactile seats. There are more than just this one, but it will give you the basic idea. Some are much nicer. 

http://ivibe.com/

Message 61 of 142 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 28, 2013

greyghost2 wrote:

exXboxFan wrote:

tguns16 wrote:

Somehow, I can't picture myself playing this type of game when I'm 50, 60 or 70+ years old.

Just imagine what kind of games we'll have available when you or I are in our 50s, 60s, and 70s!

if you think about it, games have gone from PONG to GT5 in just my lifetime (since Iwas a baby, I mean) so given that same amount of time, it's hard to imagine what will be invented!

Good point "X".  I was in my late 30's and early 40's when pong and pacman and such were going strong.  I remember thinking they were inane so I didn't play them.  But then in the early 90's I bought my first PC and discovered flight simulators and I was hooked.  There was also a GT style PC racing game in the early 2000's on the PC.  I didn't buy my first game console until 2006. Then I found GT4.

I am amazed sometimes at how quickly all of this has evolved.  The main reason I do not, at this point, look with joy towards my end, is all of the new things that will be discovered as time goes on.  Not just in computers but in all phases of science.  Study of the brain, evolution, and many more things that interest me.  My wife, the fatalist, tells me that since I'll be dead anyway it won't matter, but I tell her, "yes but I am aware now that I will miss all of what is to come, and that bothers me".

Even though I haven't played GT5 as much as GT4, busy with other time consuming projects, I still look forward to the PS4 and GT6.  I'm thinking, if I lve long enough, we'll see such things as body suits which will allow the simulation of G forces and other seat of the pants sensations.  OH YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

yea, even though I'm much younger I feel sorry I won't get to fly at "warp speed, Mr. Sulu!" most likely.  Though, scientists do think they ahve a theory on how it might work Smiley Wink

Speaking of "age" and "Maturity"... I can't wait to see what the Human race will be capable once we grow out of our adolescense!

Hopefully from somewhere in Heavan, we'll be able to see what was accomplished after we left...  here's to hoping!

(BTW... To the Dreamer, whenever he goes, to him it will be too soon.)

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 62 of 142 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4527 posts

Jan 28, 2013

exXboxFan wrote:

tguns16 wrote:

Somehow, I can't picture myself playing this type of game when I'm 50, 60 or 70+ years old.

Just imagine what kind of games we'll have available when you or I are in our 50s, 60s, and 70s!

It is 2047, and tguns16 anxiously waits for GT12 to be uploaded from the telepath game store, to be embedded in some unused grey matter.  The evil Cloud was officially dissipated in 2029.  The new 3D hologram PS10 with thought-control sensors sits gleaming on the living room table.  His fourth grandchild just texted him (yes they are still doing that, but thumbs are not needed anymore) to tease him yet again about his outdated gaming console.  

He can’t wait to get the historic track pack featuring Circuit of the Americas and the new track pack featuring the Laguna Seca hover-way.  Taking that corkscrew in levitation mode is a stomach churner, so some are already complaining that the flight-magneto-propulsion settings are too soft.   Yet again there are dire predictions for the ongoing success of PD! 

Meanwhile back at the forum, there is a new post complaining that with the new changes the SuperDooperPP system is still screwed up and poor old (really old) dm is frustrated that he has to redo his testing and calculations for the 457th time.

In Sundays race session, Dave is still saying sorry, ex complains that the Observers power plants are still causing lag, and crow doesn’t show up again because he has lost count of his 34 grandchildren and still can’t remember all their names.

Oz continues to look for his glasses, even though he hasn’t needed them for several years since the bionic lens implants (with illegal aftermarket x-ray vision option).

Oh yeah and there's yet another GT-R available for DLC.

Message 63 of 142 (410 Views)
Fender Bender
3620 posts

Jan 28, 2013

We still need a LOL button.  Kudos will have to do.

Thanks, I needed that.

Message 64 of 142 (408 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
827 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Priceless Oz.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 65 of 142 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Jan 29, 2013

OZ, that was hilarious. Even my wife was cracking up. Especially about the "illegal aftermarket x-ray vision lenses" lol...

I wish I had an imagination like that...lol. Great stuff. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 66 of 142 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4989 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

The Almighty Oz never ceases to amaze! Smiley Very Happy

Oh, and... Sorry Smiley Tongue

Message 67 of 142 (381 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Jan 29, 2013

51 in May, thought I was the oldest.  Ok, so I am not the oldest but I am the slowest in GT5 for sure.   Ventured into online racing for the first time with Oz's Group, still slow, finishing last but think I am getting better.  Oz and his Group are great people and racers and I appreciate their help and patience with me.  Thanks for encouraging me to join Oz you have a great imagination, sense of humor and super writing skills. 

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 68 of 142 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3246 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
Yeah greyghost2, like a device called the " ButtKicker " which rumbles as you come in contact with walls, rumble strips, other cars, shifts, ..etc. Very cool! I saw a review of it on insidesimracing.com and I would love to get one. But will not because that'll mean I will have to change my sound system and I don't want to do that.

Anybody remember the rumble vest for PS1, or was it PS2?  It may have been a 3rd party accessory.  Connected between the controller and console.

Message 69 of 142 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Like I said...I've met some funny people here. Nice one Oz!

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 70 of 142 (338 Views)
0 Likes