Jan 25 2013
By: lilskaters Splicer 48 posts

Average Age of GT5 players?

[ Edited ]
141 replies 647 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

I don't usually wonder how old the people I play against are, but Gt5 seems to be a game that younger people wouldn't really appreciate. I being 16 have always been interested in motorsports, So when I see a game like GT5 which brings Realism and precision to whole new level, I'm not put off by it. Which is why I wonder, if Gamers my age aren't that interested in these realistic games, how old exactly are some of the people I'm racing against? Its interesting to think that the guy I just beat may be an engineer or mechanic in real life or that I was beaten by someone who had previous experience with Actual motorsports. I don't think this would be as important with other games, but GT5 really is an interesting Community, The forums are Always helpful and I guess the whole Community age group is much older than I would expect. ( Granted A wide group of people play PS3 )

Message 1 of 142 (647 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Re: Average Age of GT5 players?

Jan 25, 2013

lilskaters wrote:

I don't usually wonder how old the people I play against are, but Gt5 seems to be a game that younger people wouldn't really appreciate. I being 16 have always been interested in motorsports, So when I see a game like GT5 which brings Realism and precision to whole new level, I'm not put off by it. Which is why I wonder, if Gamers my age aren't that interested in these realistic games, how old exactly are some of the people I'm racing against? Its interesting to think that the guy I just beat may be an engineer or mechanic in real life or that I was beaten by someone who had previous experience with Actual motorsports. I don't think this would be as important with other games, but GT5 really is an interesting Community, The forums are Always helpful and I guess the whole Community age group is much older than I would expect. ( Granted A wide group of people play PS3 )

most the people on my friends list have children older then you. Smiley Wink  of course age is very relative, after all we are all just little kids playing our favorite video game!

Message 2 of 142 (635 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Thats True XD
Message 3 of 142 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3728 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Yep, both my sons are in their twenties, the older is married and has two kids of his own.

There are a number of us grandparents here...
Message 4 of 142 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I don't think age matters a lot in the game.  Back when I still driving a lot I raced with some teenagers that were more mature and cleaner drivers than some so called adults.  I'm 72 by the way.  Hope to get back into GT more once I finish some projects I'm working on.

Old age is not for sissies.
Message 5 of 142 (623 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5045 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Average age? Well, greyghost just upped the average a bit. Smiley Very Happy (no offense ghost, just playin') Smiley Wink

I'll be 45 in May. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 142 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 25, 2013

it really depends on how you measure the average.

there are basically two schools in GT5.  Open lobby world, and Private Lobby & leagues.

The people who post at forums and organize and take it more seriously than "just a game" tend to really dedicate a lot of time to learning, getting to know people, and finding a niche in the community.

The "community" aspect is largely absent from the Open Lobby world, but there are of course exceptions to that.  Also, many people involved in the "community" are also willing to tread out into the open lobby world (sometimes affectionately referred to as "racing in the wild") once in a while or regularly.

There's such a mix of people, but generally, the more organized leagues and forums w/ regular posters are considerably older than those in Open lobbies.  On average.

Don't have a stat, but if I had to guess based on behavior, personal knowledge, etc. I'd guess that it is like this:

Open lobby world - (people who really don't race anywhere else)

Average age = 25

Private Lounge/Organized race/Leagues (people who mostly spend their time in this format)

Average age = 38+

I'm 32 and most of the people I race w/ are older than me.  Some by a lot.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 7 of 142 (610 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
829 posts

Jan 25, 2013

DaletonaDave wrote:
Average age? Well, greyghost just upped the average a bit. Smiley Very Happy (no offense ghost, just playin') Smiley Wink

I'll be 45 in May. Smiley Happy

We'll keep you busy Dave, working out the average age.Smiley Wink

I'll be 70 in May....but dont tell the wife lol.

It's racing with you guys that keeps me "young at heart"Smiley Very Happy

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 8 of 142 (605 Views)
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Jan 25, 2013

wow, I knew some of you gentlemen were not your "average" age gamer, but had no idea there were that many of you!  Props to you! Smiley Very Happy

... a lady never tells! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 142 (601 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
829 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

wow, I knew some of you gentlemen were not your "average" age gamer, but had no idea there were that many of you!  Props to you! Smiley Very Happy

... a lady never tells! Smiley Wink

A gentleman would never ask!Smiley LOL

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 10 of 142 (599 Views)