Nov 24 2012
By: PhycickKilleR36 First Son 4 posts

Attention Kazunori Yamauchi & GT 5 Developers...

[ Edited ]
5 replies 343 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

Best of Show "Hot Rod" Winner: David Eckert’s Ford Mach 40
Best Asian Import: 2013 Scion FR-S Evasive Motorsports
Best Domestic Automobile:2014 Ford Mustang GT RTR Spec 3
Best European Import: 2013 Volkswagen Turbo Beetle (VWVortex.com 2013 Super Beetle Project)

The video of the winning cars.
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6683.html

I'd like to take this time to let you know that it would be great if you & the dev team for Gran Turismo 5
would include these 4 cars as part of the DLC content for the game I mean what a more better way than to honor them with a virtual car that millions could drive in the game world wide. Give them out for free or for 99 cents. I'm sure a lot of players will agree with me that new cars are what we need.

It would also be great if you included the cars from the GT Academy as well,seen here at the following link
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6691.html

The reason I state this is because I'm a game dev as well,I've been racing the GT circuit since GT1-GT2- GT Aspec & GT 4 & now GT5. The new Seasonal Events are getting stale,same old tracks & same old cars. I currently already own the 2 cars being given out in the lastest 2 new Seasonal Events & I'm sure I'm not alone. Why race for something you already have??

Please those 4 new cars plus the 3 from GT Academy would be great.....

Message 1 of 6 (343 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44743 posts

Re: Attention Kazunori Yamauchi & GT 5 Developers...

Nov 24, 2012

Welcome to the GT forum, PhycickKilleR36!

You left out the family dragster winner of the Truck / SUV category. Smiley Very Happy

The exclusivity of the one car getting into GT is what makes these GT Award cars so special. If they started adding all of the other category winners, too, then the whole idea would get watered down.

Were the other cars nice, worthy of being in GT? The Mother's mustang was impressive as a production car. The H&R Super Beetle was super. The Scion we already have in other forms, and the dragster certainly was interesting, but the Mach Forty was in a whole other world, this year, definitely a special car worthy of being enshrined in GT.

Here are some more pictures of the winning car for you.

Message 2 of 6 (319 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Nov 24, 2012

How many pople have raced these cars?  Have you seen them on the track?  Or just the showroom? 

Message 3 of 6 (296 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44743 posts

Nov 24, 2012

marby333 wrote:

How many pople have raced these cars?

How many people have raced which cars? The cars from this year's GTA competition are not in GT5. This year's winner (plus the 2010 and 2011 winners) will be in a future edition, but that may be a while.

Most of us have used the GT Award cars in GT5 or GT4. (I am trying to remember if Prologue had one...)

marby333 wrote:

Have you seen them on the track?

The Mother's Mustang is not in production yet, so it hasn't seen much action. A couple of the other 2012 category winners were race cars, but I don't know their history, and I am sure the Super Beetle will get raced by some lucky people, at some point.

marby333 wrote:

Or just the showroom?

The 2012 winner is not likely to be raced, except by us. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Nov 24, 2012

also, mostly for those of us that only have time to play on weekends, it would be great if there was a way to just buy in game credits, like a dlc or something

Message 5 of 6 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Nov 24, 2012

There are lots of "big credits" available in the current seasonals and some of them are easy.  Just run them and get a better sense of accomplishment.  That's my opinion and I respect yours. 

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 6 of 6 (238 Views)