Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Re: Anyone think they'll release another update?

Apr 11, 2009

AndyRew wrote:
  Anyone think they'll release another update?

I'll just answer no to that.  Their lack of support is incredible. 

If any of you have been in the Killzone section, your minds would be blown on how Guerilla Games updates us nearly every other week.  

Message 11 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Apr 12, 2009

lack of support?

wow dude, in this day in age, its almost impossible to find a company, beside in the pc world who doesnt live by the 1 a year time frame, most the time its 6months making 3 months debugging 3 months advertising and distrubiting disc. PD puts more time and effort in their games then all of EA studios put together man, yah they have given up on prologue because prologue has had its time... but for almost every single feature you want someone doesnt want, they cant please everyone, nor try

When i heard prologue was getting damage i said no way! i never thought prologue would get damage, all tho i thought it would be a great strategy to update prologue with damage so anyone who didnt have it would get it, then release gt5... that would be a pretty money **bleep** action tho.

my ps2 was amazing after useing it for 4-5 years i ended up leaving it on for 3 months to see if i could break it. it ran GT4 for about a month then i just gave up on trying to defeat it, i still use it as a dvd player. i can only hope my ps3 last half as long! im hopefully my ps3 has gone threw some brutal gaming sessions but nothing will test it as much as b-spec

Listen to the lullaby
of carbon monoxide

Message 12 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Apr 12, 2009
I say sony should fire PD and give GT5 to another dev team to wrap up... PD just sucks no support no updates no news no nothing they need to hit the door
Message 13 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Apr 12, 2009

TheMainVR4 wrote:

lack of support?

wow dude, in this day in age, its almost impossible to find a company, beside in the pc world who doesnt live by the 1 a year time frame, most the time its 6months making 3 months debugging 3 months advertising and distrubiting disc. PD puts more time and effort in their games then all of EA studios put together man, yah they have given up on prologue because prologue has had its time... but for almost every single feature you want someone doesnt want, they cant please everyone, nor try

Maybe I should've worded it better.  Lack of support still stands though.  You're probably thinking of DLC.  When I referred to Killzone/Guerilla Games, I meant that there's an actual person from the team that relays info to and from us, the consumers.  Very frequently I might add.  When was the last time someone from PD has done this?  There's no doubt that they're working hard on the full game.  If they do what GG is doing, namely motherh666  then I seriously wouldn't complain about lack of support.    

Message 14 of 35 (6 Views)
Gaming Beast
2166 posts

Apr 12, 2009

iPLAY821 wrote:
I say sony should fire PD and give GT5 to another dev team to wrap up... PD just sucks no support no updates no news no nothing they need to hit the door

Um, are you new?
Photobucket
Message 15 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12799 posts

Apr 12, 2009
I'm hoping there isn't, that would mean PD is focusing solely on the full game.
Playing :NCAA Football 10, Need for Speed: Shift, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
PS3 Slim Owner
Message 16 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Apr 12, 2009

GTP_KARTRACER wrote:

iPLAY821 wrote:

Um, are you new?

to gran turismo series yes. gt5p is the first gran turismo game i ever bought

Message 17 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2166 posts

Apr 12, 2009
Aww, I see. There is no way that PD would ever give up the rights to GT as they are the ones that started it.
Photobucket
Message 18 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44894 posts

Apr 12, 2009

Northstar3914 wrote:
I'm hoping there isn't, that would mean PD is focusing solely on the full game.

This has been my main worry for many months and I have said so a few times. It only reinforces the pattern of events surrounding the releases of the last three full versions and the price we paid for some severe changes PD made.

Will PD include some nice surprises? Of course.
Will GT5 be missing something big? Count on it.

Cheers,
Message 19 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Apr 12, 2009

GTP_KARTRACER wrote:
Aww, I see. There is no way that PD would ever give up the rights to GT as they are the ones that started it.

PD don't own the rights to GT, Sony does they publish the game . as seen with other Sony games like socom they do take the game away from the developer that started the series and give it to another sony developer .im sure PD is doing a good job but im tired of the wait and no other good sim race games on ps3

Message 20 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes