Dec 25 2012
By: BlackhawkBlues Sackboy 492 posts

Anyone have a Prototype 'Vette C7 setup?

3 replies 289 views Edited Dec 25, 2012

I don't know if it's possible, because I haven't looked. All I know is you can't mess with the transmission. If it is possible to tweak the suspension and whatnot, does anyone have a good tune and setup for this car? I'm trying to beat that one in the new seasonals and the best time I can get is 21 seconds away from Gold. I know that track very well, and I've pushed it to the limits. Didn't think that car had much power, but on sport tires I guess it does Smiley Very Happy  

Message 1 of 4 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: Anyone have a Prototype 'Vette C7 setup?

Dec 25, 2012

Unfortunately you can only do Chassis Stiffening to this car and buy tires. Seems to help a bit; makes the car less floaty... but not by much. Remeber to brake early and in a straight line. Also; quite a few corners where you think you need 2nd gear... you can use 3rd.

Message 2 of 4 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
392 posts

Dec 25, 2012

You can't make any changes to the car for the time trial in this seasonal.  Like it says in the description.  It is left up to driver skill alone.  I would suggest being careful with your braking and try different gears in different corners to keep your momentum up.

DIsclaimer: My opinions are just that, MY opinions. They in no way shape or form express the opinions of anyone else unless they happen to agree with me.

Actual quote from a driver: "I never brake check anyone, but if I see you right behind me, I'm going to brake as hard as I can"
Message 3 of 4 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Dec 25, 2012

I had never driven the new Vette before the seasonal but was able to gold it on the first run by being cautious and using smooth throttle inputs and early braking. Some of the guys in my league have beat my attempt by 30 seconds or more and that s because they are just plain great drivers. You can learn a lot of car control from this event so stay at it and you will be faster in other cars as well. Overall it's a very predicable car so if you tame the understeer and  tail happiness you should have it beat.

Message 4 of 4 (220 Views)