Oct 08 2011
By: sithaer Fender Bender 2923 posts

Anybody else look at the other game's car list?

4 replies 76 views Edited Oct 8, 2011

Looking it over out of curiosity, I was actually taken aback at the boringness they harbour. Seriously, the only Chevy they have in the game is 2011 Chevy Spark? Not even a Vette is in there? While GT5 may be severely lacking in the areas that Forza 4 excels in, I must say, if you don't have any good cars to drive in your racing game, whats the point? Even if most aren't premium, we have a fantastic selection of variety in general, and especially in Premiums. I would invite you to compare the car selection. Albeit, while the game just launched, and there will no doubt be a steady stream of DLC for several months yet, the launch selection is very poor. Plus, why would you want to pay more for just a decent selection of cars? I wouldn't.

Also, as a disclaimer, this is entirely my opinion. If you enjoy racing whatever you get in Forza 4, by all means, knock yourself out. I'll stick around in GT5.

Sig3
Message 1 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2923 posts

Re: Anybody else look at the other game's car list?

Oct 8, 2011

OGPooh wrote:

If you are talking about Forza 3, you are grossly mistaken. First off, all of Forza's cars are of a premium level, as there is no such thing as standard cars. Enter any car dealer in Forza... Actual car dealer, not some used shop consisting of lower graphic quality cars (which doesn't exist in FM anyway), and the available vehicles greatly outnumber GT5's. Just off the top of my head, there are like 11 Lamborghinis in FM3 to GT5's 4, while there are somewhere around 22-25 Aston Martins to GT5's 1. Also, FM's cars represent a better variety than GT5's. You won't find umpteen Lancer Evos or Nissan Skylines, each with only minor differences.

As for Forza 4, you are also mistaken. There are 500 (all premium) available cars at launch, with the Spark not being the only Chevrolet. In fact, here are the available launch Chevrolets...

1990 IROC Camaro

1969 Camaro SS Coupe

2010 Camaro SS

2002 35th Annaversary Camaro SS

2004 #3 Racing Corvette C5

2006 #4 Racing Corvette C6

2009 Corvette ZR1

2002 Corvette Z06

1970 El Camino SS

1964 Impala SS

2011 Spark

Mind you, this is only a partial list as the full roster of vehicles has not been fully released as of yet.

I personally don't have the game, everything I listed was directly from this site: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Cars/ManufacturerList.aspx

I honestly have no clue whether thats a taste of the cars, or if that is the complete selection. I don't understand why they would only release a partial showing of their car list, It's bound to already be on the internet. I only went to the Forza 4 Website as to try and get an official showing.

Sig3
Message 2 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1758 posts

Oct 8, 2011

If you are talking about Forza 3, you are grossly mistaken. First off, all of Forza's cars are of a premium level, as there is no such thing as standard cars. Enter any car dealer in Forza... Actual car dealer, not some used shop consisting of lower graphic quality cars (which doesn't exist in FM anyway), and the available vehicles greatly outnumber GT5's. Just off the top of my head, there are like 11 Lamborghinis in FM3 to GT5's 4, while there are somewhere around 22-25 Aston Martins to GT5's 1. Also, FM's cars represent a better variety than GT5's. You won't find umpteen Lancer Evos or Nissan Skylines, each with only minor differences. You will also find a greater number of Ferraris in Forza, as Turn-10 holds the exclusive rights to Ferrari (like EA does with Porsche). Turn-10 is simply kind enough to license some of them out to PD.

As for Forza 4, you are also mistaken. There are 500 (all premium) available cars at launch, with the Spark not being the only Chevrolet. In fact, here are some of the available launch Chevrolets...

1990 IROC Camaro

1969 Camaro SS Coupe

2010 Camaro SS

2002 35th Annaversary Camaro SS

2004 #3 Racing Corvette C5

2006 #4 Racing Corvette C6

2009 Corvette ZR1

2002 Corvette Z06

1970 El Camino SS

1964 Impala SS

2011 Spark

Mind you, this is only a partial list as the full roster of vehicles has not been fully released as of yet.

I'm not here attempting to hype up FM4. In fact, I've always prefered Gran Turismo to Forza. I'm simply saying the OP is spreading false info.

Garbage Wide photo Garbage wide resized_zpsb09ke73a.jpg
Message 3 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1758 posts

Oct 8, 2011

Probably some way of building hype. I play both games (though I didn't like the original Forza), and I can say I personally prefered Forza 3's car list to GT5's. In the end FM3 doesn't have as many cars as GT5, but they are all graphically equal (easily outnumbering GT5's premiums) and are of a greater variety and definitely use (A Diahatsu Midget II... Really?). Besides the one practice race against the same type of vehicle, many of the GT5 cars are of absolutely zero use. Which reminds me, what happened to the one make, manufaturer races? I guess converting them to non-payed practice races was what PD deemed appropriate?

Oh, recheck my original post, as I edited (added to) it, since you quoted it.

Garbage Wide photo Garbage wide resized_zpsb09ke73a.jpg
Message 4 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Oct 8, 2011

Hi guys,

Cross platform comparison threads are not allowed in the Rules of Conduct.

Don't

-Talk about other platforms. Posts about other gaming platforms may be deemed off-topic and removed. Platform vs. platform discussions pretty much always degenerate to flaming wars, so please don’t start those threads!

Forza discussions don't go down well in the GT community, so this thread will be locked.

Message 5 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes