Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Re: Announcement: PlayStation Community Forum Migration Begins on Saturday, June 30th

Jul 4, 2012

That's cool , too. I really like the Cat ones they have now as well.Cat LOL

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 61 of 364 (594 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Re: Announcement: PlayStation Community Forum Migration Begins on Saturday, June 30th

Jul 4, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

The old Lithium emotes are back, in the default list. Smiley Wink

The main page changed too, looks like it's getting closer and closer to the old pre-jive boards Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 62 of 364 (591 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45123 posts

Jul 20, 2012

A lighter forum skin has been added:

• Head to "My Settings" at the top right of this page
  • Click the "Preferences" tab in "My Settings"
  • Click "Preference Options" under "Preferences"
  • Check the box next to "Show a light background..." under Preference Options
  • Click "Save"
Message 63 of 364 (567 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Doesnt look light to me looks white.

to bright for me Im sticking with the black.

Message 64 of 364 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Jul 20, 2012

The grey envelope icon for private messaging isn't obviously for PMs as it's set beside the 'Help' link with no divider.  The former unread-PM indicator of the envelope being bright yellow would be an improvement over the plain-text "# Unread" too.

Message 65 of 364 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jul 20, 2012

yea it took me a while to find the pm area.

would be nice if it popped up to notify you...  not sure if that's part of lithium or not.

only other thing I'd like at this point is customizable avatars, which I think they may be working on, last I heard?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 66 of 364 (552 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45123 posts

Jul 20, 2012

The two themes are being worked on still and I expect a major update in the near future. The envelope colour is part of that coming update, AFAIK.

Again, AFAIK, custom avatars won't be allowed by SONY now, only the PS3 ones.

Message 67 of 364 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jul 20, 2012

that sucks about avatars...  and is the word "allowed" appropriate?  i Mean, is it really a matter of control over content on the website?  If so, I'd have to wonder why they allow signature images and once lawded the custom avatars as an amazing addition to the previous forum site.  if it was so great then, and we were supposed to be excited back then, how can they say it's dangerous to "allow" now?

why can't one distinguish him/her self from all others on the site by creating a custom avatar so long as it meets certain guidelines?

I would ask those who have a voice in the matter to keep pushing for it.

Message 68 of 364 (540 Views)
MVP Support
45123 posts

Jul 20, 2012

I can't explain it. It may be just a corporate or product image thing. It could be a way of selling more PSN content. dunno

Message 69 of 364 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jul 20, 2012

the following comment is NOT directed at MastrGT.  Besides if it were I'd have a broken arm before I got done typing it Smiley Wink

But...

if it's corporate image they're concerned with, asserting control over trivial things really isn't the way to improve it, IMO.

if someone posts a pic of a **bleep** or something, then they can just remove it and ban the user.

I can personally say I will not be purchasing avatars when I could create my own for free.  If it's a motivation for selling avatars, count me out.  The fact that I have even $.01 in my PSN account that just sits there because you can't make exact change transactions most of the time, means they are making money off of my money.  It sits in an account and collects interest, I'm sure.  that's enough for them to not need to worry about little things like making money off of stupid little graphics.

I want more freedom, not more restrictions.  SONY is doing business in North America and they should know that we have a different attitude about that stuff.

anything resembling a chain is going to send people elsewhere, where more personal choice is possible.

Message 70 of 364 (532 Views)
0 Likes