MVP Support
44905 posts

Re: Announcement: PlayStation Community Forum Migration Begins on Saturday, June 30th

Jun 30, 2012

Whoa!  Zero hour is "06-23-2012 06:33 AM"

You may notice so odd things going on, especially with the old copied and pasted text.

If you notice anything that needs to be brought to the admin's attention, either leave a post here, with an example, or I will try to find the thread to post it in for them to see directly.

I hope you enjoy the new forums.

You asked for it. Now you got it. Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 364 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Re: Announcement: PlayStation Community Forum Migration Begins on Saturday, June 30th

Jun 30, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

I certainly don't enjoy that new smiley.

I noticed that everything posted (or even edited) since that time is now gone. Key among which for me, includes the leaderboard for my Le Mans Series, and Racing Etiquette Genericus (I saved the original, but haven't saved the update).

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 22 of 364 (647 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3794 posts

Jun 30, 2012

But it does look like the OLD messages everyone were lamenting the loss of are back. 

Not high priority, but just wondering how Lithium does Tomes?  No rush at all on that one.

Thanks.

Message 23 of 364 (640 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jun 30, 2012
I am so happy to see that this format is mobile friendly, as tend to use my iPhone to post a lot
 photo CIMG1810_zpse1fd5a4d.jpg
Message 24 of 364 (630 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2012

good feedback guys.

Also feel free to post feedback here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Information-General/INFO-PlayStation-Community-Forum-Mi...

For the Tomes, I believe that they migrated over as posts.  So search for them and then you can sticky them for yourselves.

For smilies... well, it's known.  Cosmetic stuff will take a back seat to functionality for now, but we're keeping track of those pieces of feedback as well.

Edit:  Oh! Lost posts.  Lithium took a snapshot of the forums last Saturday and began the migration on teh backend while we kep the Jive boards up for folks to continue communication.  I'll check Monday to confirm the timetable on when/if that week gets pushed to live.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 25 of 364 (625 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

This is much better than that jive stuff, good to see Lithium back. I may just start visiting here again. Smiley Tongue

Good job guys. *thumbsup

Message 26 of 364 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Jun 30, 2012

Whoa, this'll take some getting used too.  Not sure if it's my screen resolution but the topic titles are no longer fully displayed.  Also, do we need to get everything turned into stickys again?  The dark color theme certainly mathes the GT website now.

Message 27 of 364 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3794 posts

Jun 30, 2012

The GT5 Tuning How-to tome does not appear to have come over (yet?)

I did take the advixe and have it backed up, so no big problem. 

Curiosity more than anything else...

Thanks.

Message 28 of 364 (604 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 30, 2012

Gar529 wrote:

I remember the last time this happened, here's to hoping they go back to Lithium

Yay Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 364 (601 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44905 posts

Jun 30, 2012

The length of the titles has been cut way back, so instead if multi-line lengths, it may be closer to 100 characters. I don't know the exact length, but you will have to be more consice.

The tomes have a different thread icon than what used to be "normal" threads. I don't know if that can be used as a search criteria, but I will ask. Lithium allows you to sticky threads yourself, so be careful how many you put up top.

Now that the forums have settled down again, I will have to recreate the GT Information Centre, from scratch, so that stickies are less necessary, but that will take a while to get up to speed.

Message 30 of 364 (590 Views)
0 Likes