Highlighted
Nov 02 2010
By: GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS Sackboy 510 posts

An open letter to Jack Tretton and Kaz Hirai

7 replies 44 views Edited Nov 2, 2010

Dear Jack / Kaz

I know you don't work at Polyphony Digital, but you are ultimately responsible for the management of SCE. Gran Turismo, a once respected and popular franchise, is now a joke in the industry,

We are going on the 5th holiday season that PS3 has been available in America and Japan, without a full Gran Turismo game to compliment the system. In that time, MS has released 2 Forza games, and EA has released 2 Need for Speed games.

Meanwhile we have yet to get even 1 full GT game.

Allowing delays of two major Move titles, and games that were supposed to fill out your Xmas season line up (LittleBigPlanet 2 and SOCOM 4) is another huge mistake, and I'm sure you will be losing lots of money because parents won't be buying their kids Xmas presents in January. There comes a time when you just have to release something and fix the minor bugs later on with patches.

You are not competing against little old Sega anymore. Microsoft is going to eat you alive if this terrible management continues.

Please retire if you are not able to manage your company properly. I'm sure there are hundreds of employees under you who would be able to do a better job. You obviously don't have your head/heart in it anymore and have lost track of what's going on within your own company. The mishandling of GT5, LittleBigPlanet 2, SOCOM 4, PlayStation Network, PS Home(failure), losing all 3rd party exclusives, and numerous other marketing failures prove how incompetent Sony management has become.

Message 1 of 8 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4679 posts

Re: An open letter to Jack Tretton and Kaz Hirai

Nov 2, 2010
FYI, Turn 10 has released all 3 Forza games in between GT4 and GT5. (With a rumored 4th on the way next year.)
Message 2 of 8 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1695 posts

Nov 2, 2010

It's quantity, not quality. Right...

Message 3 of 8 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Nov 2, 2010
grow up. the game will be out when it's ready.
Message 4 of 8 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
670 posts

Nov 2, 2010

If i were to say what i want to say, i would not be welcomed back to this forum. For now just imagine a slap to the face.

As stated above, quality > quantity. Then again, the quantity of GT5 looks like it will be greater than those games you mentioned. No other game like this comes close to having over 1000 cars with a wide variety of tracks.

Message 5 of 8 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3275 posts

Nov 2, 2010
Good effort but I preferred UCanTuna's letter.
I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 6 of 8 (44 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 2, 2010

GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS wrote:

Dear Jack / Kaz

I know you don't work at Polyphony Digital, but you are ultimately responsible for the management of SCE. Gran Turismo, a once respected and popular franchise, is now a joke in the industry,

We are going on the 5th holiday season that PS3 has been available in America and Japan, without a full Gran Turismo game to compliment the system. In that time, MS has released 2 Forza games, and EA has released 2 Need for Speed games.

Meanwhile we have yet to get even 1 full GT game.

Allowing delays of two major Move titles, and games that were supposed to fill out your Xmas season line up (LittleBigPlanet 2 and SOCOM 4) is another huge mistake, and I'm sure you will be losing lots of money because parents won't be buying their kids Xmas presents in January. There comes a time when you just have to release something and fix the minor bugs later on with patches.

You are not competing against little old Sega anymore. Microsoft is going to eat you alive if this terrible management continues.

Please retire if you are not able to manage your company properly. I'm sure there are hundreds of employees under you who would be able to do a better job. You obviously don't have your head/heart in it anymore and have lost track of what's going on within your own company. The mishandling of GT5, LittleBigPlanet 2, SOCOM 4, PlayStation Network, PS Home(failure), losing all 3rd party exclusives, and numerous other marketing failures prove how incompetent Sony management has become.

EVERY BODY LOOK!!!           TRO11       OR ****ing TROLL 

Message 7 of 8 (44 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30083 posts

Nov 2, 2010

Other Platforms
This is first and foremost a PlayStation community. As such, discussions on our gaming forums should be PlayStation-oriented. Topics related to other gaming platforms may be deemed off-topic and removed at our discretion. Furthermore, platform vs. platform threads never end well, often resulting in a flame war. Please refrain from creating such threads on the forums.

Other Platforms

Fastest Grandma In GT
Message 8 of 8 (44 Views)
0 Likes