Jan 01 2012
By: OzDaddy62 Treasure Hunter 4676 posts

An Appeal from the Society for the Prevention of Beating Dead Horses

141 replies 788 views Edited Jan 1, 2012

On behalf of deceased equines everywhere I am appealing for some restraint from those intent on flogging defenseless perished ponies.  There has been a surge in this abhorrent anti-bronco behavior.  In order to stop "beating a dead-horse" becoming the GT5 phrase-o-the-month and overstaying its time in the barn we must put a stop to the relentless wacking of way-past-their-expiry nags.

To help those unsure of which coltish corpse to stop coldcocking here is a brief, but I'm sure, not very complete list.  (Edit) Now an ever growing list thanks to valuable contributions.

• Porsche (or any variation of, spelling wise) is not in the game. Get over it.
  • A lot of cars are still standards. Guess what, you can still drive them. Move on.
  • Those other games are different, not necessarily better or worse. You are probably arguing over opinions and preferences. I don't care. Just enjoy what you like.
  • Car wish lists. They will put whatever they like in the game. Drive it anyway. Hear these words of wisdom from a great lady. You may as well "spit in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up first".
  • Track wish lists. See above.
  • More American cars. Yes we know you love them. Others love other cars. You can't please everybody all the time. Drive other cars. You never know, you might just have fun.
  • Too many Skylines. So what. You aren't forced to use them. Surely there is something you like amongst the remaining multitude of rapid mobility.
  • Pre-order cars being released as bonuses for doing special events. Boo-hoo, so sorry. Life happens. Worry about something important.
  • The network sucks. In the grand scheme of things, they just invented the telephone. Be amazed at what you can do (see post below).
  • The sound sucks. No it doesn't. Use the options (see post below).
  • When is GT6 coming out, what's in it, and will my favorite car and track, which I'm sure everybody agrees is the best ever, be in it?  Can't we just enjoy and savor the meal in front of us.
  • Long winded diatribes of GT5 disappointments as made by first time posters.  Do these folks all hang out at the same club?  Then one at a time, they all go to a party, kick in the door, yell "this party sucks” and leave.
  • More customization!   I’m more worried about getting around the next corner, not what I look like doing it.  There are other games (see item 3) where you can paint to your heart’s content.  Besides some of the biggest photoheads in this community aren’t calling for it.
  • We want more F1 cars in the game; I can't believe they only have Ferrari. Owning one racing game does not preclude you from owning another (I’m sensing a theme here).

The SPBDH is accepting nominations for any other topics that appear to be responsible for the further mutilation of mortified mustangs.

The list has been edited with nominations gratefully received.

Thank You.  Please be kind to dead horses.

Editors note (extracted from post 81):

This was meant to be a light-hearted suggestion, a cautionary tale for those unaware, not an attempt to stop all complaints. Maybe just a way for those who have heard it all before to express their fustration with good humor. It was not meant to suggest reasonable complaints were not welcome.

To all who thought that their right to complain was being quashed, I hope you understand the intent of this post. Of course, go ahead, have your say, just be aware that sometimes it has already been said before and before and before and before and a few times before that as well.

Message 122 of 142 (788 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: An Appeal from the Society for the Prevention of Beating Dead Horses

Dec 8, 2011

one of the best posts ever.  totally support your organization.  where do I sign, up and are there dues to pay ofr membership?

thanks for the being the "glue" of this forum at times, Oz!

Does this mean we can't crash ferraris or make fun of mustangs anymore?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 1 of 142 (788 Views)
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Dec 8, 2011

How about "Car Wish Lists"... given that this is TOTALLY out of the control of everyone on this forum you may as well do exactly what my dearly departed Mother used to say; "Spit in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up first".

Or "More American Cars"... I realize that many on this forum may be offended by this but the reality is very few of those iconic muscle cars were designed and built to be track cars, so buy another game that specializes in drag racing and move on people.

Hopefully the SPBDH will accept these "dead horse" topics... cause they ain't gettin any deader.

Old dudes rule, and so do old race cars.
Message 2 of 142 (788 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4676 posts

Dec 8, 2011

Nominations accepted!   OP will be edited.

Ex, you may tease your mustang, just do not thump it when it gives up.

Message 3 of 142 (788 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Dec 8, 2011

I agree with both of IGH's nominations.  But I'm not a paid, card-carrying member yet.

Find the existing car wish list, cuz if we get around to updating and cleaning one up, it will be just one thread.  Creating mroe threads only guarentees no one will ever see your suggestions.

More american cars?  Same thing.  We know Kaz has many american cars he likes, but his game isn't focussed on recreating everything you may see going down the street in your town.

Let's see. any other corpses hanging around rotting we could throw out here?

• Too many Skylines (we all agree and that hasn't gotten us anywhere yet.)
  • Pre-order cars being released as bonuses for doing special events etc.

Message 4 of 142 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Dec 8, 2011
  • I was racing with someone in England, Austrailia, Canada, the US, Honduras, Nepal, and Deep Space Nine, and the stupid network lagged/disconnected!!!!  Damn SONY for not being able to do this without fail!

Message 5 of 142 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4676 posts

Dec 8, 2011

Hey, slow down.  I need more staff to handle all this correspondence.

Message 6 of 142 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4676 posts

Dec 8, 2011

exXboxFan wrote:

thanks for the being the "glue" of this forum at times, Oz!

Rather inapropriate reference in the circumstances, don't you think!  

Message 7 of 142 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
716 posts

Dec 8, 2011

This sorta falls under the same heading as the list of missing cars. How about a nomination for what tracks were included and omitted, and that hopefully with patience and time. The tracks on the wishlists may make an appearance, but if not, deal with it.

Message 8 of 142 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Dec 8, 2011

exXboxFan wrote:

• I was racing with someone in England, Austrailia, Canada, the US, Honduras, Nepal, and Deep Space Nine, and the stupid network lagged/disconnected!!!!  **** SONY for not being able to do this without fail!

Square, triangle, circle,... EX!

Generated image
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h175/antracer/GT5%20Pics/Sig%20Pics/SCREAM_logo_2.png

Click to see my Photo Mode album on Flickr

re: DS9... if SONY would just route the interwebs through that giant wormhole we could play with people in the Gamma Quadrant!

Message 9 of 142 (789 Views)
0 Likes