Dec 06 2010
By: diddles2 First Son 5 posts

A connection to the server could not be established error

10 replies 30 views Edited Dec 6, 2010

Ok so even after the 1.02 update that was I thought to be the fix to this I'm still having ths issue. I have tried both having no game data installed and also tried with the data installed. Kinda sucks that I paid 100$ for a game that wont let me play online. Any one have a fix I can try I've spent the last week trying and I cant fix it.

Specs-

I have the 120GB Slim not even a year old.

Latest Updates on both ps3 and the game.

Message 1 of 11 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: A connection to the server could not be established error

Dec 6, 2010

I'm still having the same issue as you.  I can play every other game, in my library, online with no problems!  I don't understand.  It does suck.  I'm starting to become really frustrated because I've had this game since the release and still not able to get  online!  I am almost ready to throw in the towel and get rid of it.  No anybody that wants to buy a racing wheel and seat and a game that is slightly used???!!!  I have about $400 invested in my hobby!

Message 2 of 11 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Dec 6, 2010

I am also chronically receiving this error message, I know my connection is working and I can see my awards being posted to Facebook, but as far as getting online at all, nope-a-didily-ididily."A connection to the server could not be established" which is really infuriating when you come online and you see no proper response or addressing of the issue from the game creator. Customer responses ranging from your disc must be scratched to the servers are overloaded.

Not only bought the game PRE-order but then went out and bought a wheel.

So here I am dedicated customer, tell us what in the world is going on?!?!

My internet connection is 6 down 768 up and that should be plenty, shouldn't it?

If someone can provide a course of action if they get this resolved, thank you!!!!

Message 3 of 11 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Ya my connection is 18down 4up  its getting bad that I might do the same and ask for my money back because PS cant pull their heads out of the dark area it is in. I know my disk isnt scratched. and if their servers are overloaded still they have made more then enough to add a few more with this game. It took them 5years to make this freaking game the hype was set perfect i think yet they didnt get enough servers? come on..... think ps think

Message 4 of 11 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Dec 6, 2010

What routers are you guys using.

I was using the Linksys 54g and it would give me that error.

I changed it out to a D-link Gamers Lounge and I no longer get that error.

Balrog Sig
Message 5 of 11 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Dec 6, 2010

My router is older and linksys and I have been considering getting a new one as I think it might also be causing problems with my Homeserver.

Thanks for the tip, guess I am going back to the store.

Message 6 of 11 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 6, 2010
I have a belkin n1 router and also tried the d-link gamers lounge router and none work also tried a motorla and a 2wire router.
Message 7 of 11 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Ok, do you have Upnp enabled?

Balrog Sig
Message 8 of 11 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Devon,

First, thank you so much for caring and asking these important questions which is how we as a community seem to thrive in spite of the creators.

Do you hear me God?!?! LOL Anywho... in my case, I did not have UPnP enabled, but I did have the entire ip range for the PS3 exposed. I did on your suggestion, enable, and restarted my PS3 and I still have the connection error.

The D-link gamer edition was like 200 bucks, so I went with the DIR-655 and see if that fixes me up.

Thanks again, and I'll keep you posted,

Jason

Message 9 of 11 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Ok, that did the trick, my old router was the problem. Or at least replacing it has allowed me to connect.

Thank you!

Message 10 of 11 (30 Views)
0 Likes