MVP Support
44369 posts

Re: A Fishing Expedition

Aug 28, 2009
Huh? A nanometre = 1×10?9 m (or 1 billionth of a metre).

Back on topic. Thanks for giving SONY's survey company an earful, GT Allstar.

Cheers,
Message 20 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Aug 28, 2009

MastrGT wrote:

Seems you MAY have missed a small, yet cogent, detail... 

----------------------------------------------------------------
Message 21 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Aug 28, 2009

MastrGT wrote:

Back on topic. Thanks for giving SONY's survey company an earful, GT Allstar.

Cheers,

I FORGOT to add that they (the surveyor) asked if I had up-graded my PS3 HDD (anyone surprised to here this?) I was surprised, but I had an answer.  I told them I had Up-graded my 80GB HDD and swapped it out for a 320GB 5400RPM Western Digital HDD. (The 80 GB went to my Brother's to replace his 40GB unit) 

I asked if the 250GB in the PS3 Slim was 7200RPM, but they (being only a market survey group) did not know.  They did not seem surprised that I had Up-graded.  I said that I wanted to be prepared for what I might want to DL and Keep on the HDD.Smiley Wink  I also told them that ALL of the Peripheral Hardware (and software) that I purchased was SOLELY purpose-built for the express use of Gran Turismo 5.  I was also asked if I would be receptive to being contacted by a Local Media organization to talk about the PS3 (and GT).  I, of course, responded, "YES" *then, to myself*  (it would give us yet more exposure to promote this forum and alert SCEA/Sony/PD that we are a force that should be reckoned with.Smiley Wink)

So all in all, not a bad 30 minutes on the phone for us.Smiley Happy  And who knows, perhaps a Gaming Company (EB Games?), or gaming magazine might contact me in the future. Ya never know.  At least Sony's Marketer got an "earfull".

IMPORTANT EDIT:  Anyone who has been contacted by a marketing organization and asked to take a survey should do so, making sure that they Identify this forum and promote the dedication of the people here to the GT series - ESPECIALLY if it is a SONY marketing survey.  It's another very valuable tool by which we can be heard!.  After all, It's about Sony's Flagship Game series.Smiley Wink

Cordially,

Message Edited by GT_ALLSTAR_47 on 08-28-2009 04:53 PM
Message 22 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

Aug 28, 2009

meatbag_ wrote:

hahahaha.... thats what i get for posting with my brains off! and for using wikipedia as a source!

"The Emotion Engine contained 10.5 million transistors on a die measuring 240 mm" - wikipedia.org

what they ment was a 240nm proccess...

The wiki article actually says "The Emotion Engine contained 10.5 million transistors on a die measuring 240 mm^2," which refers to the physical size of the full chip. 240 mm^2 is about 15.5 mm on a side, or just under 5/8 of an inch. The process size is mentioned just after this in the wiki article, as .25µm, or 250nm, and has to do with minimum feature sizes and oxide thicknesses.

(Sorry for dragging off topic discussions out, but I'm an EE that just has to get things like this cleared up.)

Anyway, nice going GT_ALLSTAR. Anytime you get picked for a survey is a good chance to get heard times ten thousand.
Message 24 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes