Splicer
90 posts

Re: 5 years and only 180 cars are Next gen? Really? Thats just disappointing!

Jul 18, 2010

dude i almost crapped my pants when i saw this link http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/Gran_Turismo_5_Car_List

and im sure theres more!

Check out this awesome Uncharted fan site! http://www.unchartedfansite.com if you join, make sure to make me, ItsMeReally, your referrer!
Message 80 of 107 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2950 posts

Jul 18, 2010

hepcatmatty wrote:

BilIBrasky wrote:
I don't feel like reading all 8 pages, but it's taken them this long to recreate 200+ cars... It costs A LOT of money to make a game, especially this one. They've already spent over $60 million. The more they spend to develop it, the more we have to pay to get it. They could've kept all 1,000 cars as "Standard"

they arent going to rack up the price because it cost them more. That just means they have to sell more. And if they were to keep all 1000+ cars standard than myself, and im sure thousands of other people who have been waiting 6 years for this game would never forgive PD.

Not really, because do you think that PD or Sony would say: "Oh, yeah, we got 1000 cars, they all look awesome, but we could have done more to some cars".

You seem to be the type of person that looks at a half full glass as a half empty glass.

People never appreciate things, it just seems that 200 isn't enough for some people.

Message 81 of 107 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Jul 18, 2010

ItsMeReally wrote:

dude i almost crapped my pants when i saw this link http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/Gran_Turismo_5_Car_List

and im sure theres more!

... that's a wishlist ...

Message 82 of 107 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Jul 18, 2010

juanpipe wrote:

hepcatmatty wrote:

BilIBrasky wrote:
I don't feel like reading all 8 pages, but it's taken them this long to recreate 200+ cars... It costs A LOT of money to make a game, especially this one. They've already spent over $60 million. The more they spend to develop it, the more we have to pay to get it. They could've kept all 1,000 cars as "Standard"

they arent going to rack up the price because it cost them more. That just means they have to sell more. And if they were to keep all 1000+ cars standard than myself, and im sure thousands of other people who have been waiting 6 years for this game would never forgive PD.

Not really, because do you think that PD or Sony would say: "Oh, yeah, we got 1000 cars, they all look awesome, but we could have done more to some cars".

You seem to be the type of person that looks at a half full glass as a half empty glass.

People never appreciate things, it just seems that 200 isn't enough for some people.

my point was that if all 1000 cars were almost gt4 quality and none had a dash cam that would be a massive let down after all this wait. Im sure there were other cool things they wanted to do but couldnt, and we wont know what they are till gt6 comes out.

Message 83 of 107 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Jul 18, 2010

standard cars are far from GT4 quality.

Listen to the lullaby
of carbon monoxide

Message 84 of 107 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Jul 18, 2010
oh yea.....my bad hhaha
Check out this awesome Uncharted fan site! http://www.unchartedfansite.com if you join, make sure to make me, ItsMeReally, your referrer!
Message 85 of 107 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Jul 18, 2010

oh yea my bad

Message 86 of 107 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Jul 18, 2010

I have read so many post and threads all over the internet of people complaining about this "200 premium cars" issue. Is it really such a big deal??? I am just excited that Gran Turismo 5 is well on it's way to being released. I will enjoy it and know that it will be an amazing gaming experience. Maybe if some people would stop looking for problems and look at the positives, they might enjoy more of the video games released these days.

Gran Turismo 5 WILL be a great Racing game and will be enjoyed throughout the world by million even with this so-called premium car count issue. To all those folks that say they are GT fans and are considering not buying GT5 because of this...THAT's just SILLY. Give the game an honest try....actually PLAY it before you complain.

Message 87 of 107 (11 Views)
Sackboy
459 posts

Jul 18, 2010

So, i was watching a bunch of replays last night on GTplanet, and it brought me to one conclusion;

there is one very big bright side to no driver pov cam in the standard cars. Since you cant drive from inside the car you're forced to use an outside cam (hopefully both hood and roof cam will be available, i've gotten used to actually seeing the car while driving). What that does is allow you to see more of the breathtaking new or reworked environments. 

Now for race tracks thats not a big deal, but for the new city tracks and new "backcountry" tracks like tuscona that will be awesome.

Message 88 of 107 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1695 posts

Jul 18, 2010

TheMainVR4 wrote:

standard cars are far from GT4 quality.

I think people have a hard time believing this because we've been spoiled with meticulously detailed Premium models, so the second we see something of lesser quality, we hyperbolize on "how terrible it looks."

Message 89 of 107 (11 Views)
0 Likes