Highlighted
Jan 17 2013
By: Lord_Beelzebub Fender Bender 3586 posts

2014 Corvette Stingray video

10 replies 486 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

Since the buzz of the forums out here are on this car lately, here is a little something to watch for those who haven't seen.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 1 of 11 (486 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Re: 2014 Corvette Stingray video

Jan 17, 2013

Wow I love the video and thanks for posting it.Smiley Surprised I would just love to know how you guys post a video on here with out having to post the link!

Man that car is so sweet, Ferrari eat your hart out!Smiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 2 of 11 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3249 posts

Jan 17, 2013

White_R34 wrote:

Wow I love the video and thanks for posting it.Smiley Surprised I would just love to know how you guys post a video on here with out having to post the link!

Man that car is so sweet, Ferrari eat your hart out!Smiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

The "insert a video" button on your edit bar! Smiley Tongue

(3 to the right of the smilies, looks like a filmstrip)

Message 3 of 11 (457 Views)
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

They really broke tradition, the rear looks like a camaro, the sides look like a GTR v spec or something along those lines, and it just reminds me of a jaguar db9 and a ferarri burlinetta.... anyways. great car!

Message 4 of 11 (450 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Ahhh I see it shows Insert a video when you put your cursor over it. Smiley Tongue "MMMMMM" I feel so stupid right now!Smiley SadSmiley Very Happy

I feel the same about the rear section.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 11 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

HYBRIDvision wrote:

They really broke tradition, the rear looks like a camaro, the sides look like a GTR v spec or something along those lines, and it just reminds me of a jaguar db9 and a ferarri burlinetta.... anyways. great car!

The crappy thing is they are going with that styling with most of their cars.  Check out the back of this 2014 Malibu, same dual tail lights.  Not exactly the same, but close enough.  I know the corvettes had the dual tail light design first, but it seems GM is doing it for most their Chevy cars, which makes the Corvette less distinctive and unique.

2013-Chevy-Malibu.jpg

Message 6 of 11 (418 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 19, 2013

i never thought of that, they need to keep some nostalgia in their cars: Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 11 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Front end from a Viper, Silhouette of the F12 Berlinetta(same front end resemblance) and/or the 599 whichever way you look at it.

Camaro rear end, GT-R inspired vents on the front fenders....

A steering wheel that reminds me of a kiddie go-kart with the airbag(pillow) in the middle....

The gauge display from the LF-A....

Interior looks a bit too similar to the Viper....

Yeah.... the C7 is "all new" alright....

The only thing REALLY all new is the base C7 will get the new 6.2 LT1(est. 450/450) variable valve timing and displacement-on-demand/active fuel management, direct injection... and maybe the 7spd manual gearbox.... but I think that was more done in conjunction with the DoD/AFM to get better than 26mpg to avoid having the gas-guzzler tax stamped onto it.

MSRP is said to be around $55k for the base... and Z06 and ZR1 aren't even going to be released for at least another year.

Now, don't get me wrong.... I like the car..... but I can only like it if its in Black... the car just looks simply WAYY too busy with all the vents and broken lines on any other color.

Then again, I'm enjoying driving it in GT5..... handles like crap IMO tho (at least the masked version), but that might be to do with the fact that Chevy was not going to release the vehicle dynamics before the unveiling. I have yet to update the game to get the "real" car 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 11 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Message 9 of 11 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Jan 23, 2013

How should they have designed it to make it look "unique" like no other car on the planet?  LOL  Most high end sports car and super car manufacturers use similar aero designs and materials.  Not because they copy each other, but because the wind tunnel tells them to.  Virtually all use carbon fiber these days, so I guess the next car that uses it gets labeled as "nothing special" and "just like the other car" because someone else has already done it?

Singray has been around for decades and has always had the long front end, long before the Viper was a thought in a humans brain, so you should say the Viper looks like a Stingray.

As far as the rear end, same thing, corvettes have always had the dual tail lights, long before the new Camero came out with them, so you should say the new camero looks like the back end of a vette, as I'm sure most people did when it first come out.

As far as the guage display, yeah Lamborghini's and other cars have them also.  You really think the LFA was the first car to have that type of display?  Who do you think copied who first on that one, before the Stingray even came out this year?

Interior looks like a vette always has, go look at some pictures.  Maybe not with all the technology components the older cars didn't have, but the basic premis and design is still there.

As far as all the vents, watch the video again, they explain specifically why the vents are placed where they are.  The same reason why all sports and super cars have all the vents in similar locations.

I'd suggest taking advise from yourself and "LEARN HOW TO RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING" rather than just going by first impressions of pictures and the video I posted here.

I could most likely take all the cars you mentioned like the Viper, GT-R, F12, etc and name cars that came out before them that they copied their designs from just as well.

I don't take offense to your reply, you either like the car or you don't, I couldn't give two cr@ps.  It just seems your reply is solely based on first visual impression without actually doing any research as to why the car was designed the way it was and who actually came out with such designs and technologies first, and who copied who first.

Message 10 of 11 (305 Views)
0 Likes