Feb 19 2013
By: MinionMax Lombax Warrior 122 posts

2.11 Update

28 replies 489 views Edited Feb 19, 2013

Well I just updated and happy to see the autopilot in rain conditions has been addressed. Now to see if it works. I did not pay much to the PP changes, but some of you will be happy that they went back on it.. The down side is the Online Dealer is Still sold out for me. Have all these credits and nothing to buy.

Message 1 of 29 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Re: 2.11 Update

Feb 19, 2013

Ok, now I have seen the PP change. I have a 71 240Z that was my 400PP go to car, now it is 458PP. The funny thing is the 190 E Merc did not change and I had one race left in DTC to do.

Message 2 of 29 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Feb 19, 2013

So what does this mean for the PP being set back to the 2.09 version of the PP system and how is this good? so now we can use only PP restrictions instead of HP and KG like we started doing?

I found this on the first result when I searched (copy and pasted)

• The performance point (PP) adjustments that were made in the 2.10
    update has been cancelled, and returned to the calculation method in
  • The automatically selected rain tire type has been adjusted. Please
    note that this may change the normally recommended tire when entering
    the pit, and the pit timings of opponent cars during races.
  • Adjusted the autopilot during changing road moisture conditions.
  • Corrected an issue where the game would not boot after the 2.10 update in some cases
My GT6 club number 1036691
the club is for my ;X2014 jr racing events I host.
we also have a facebook page, check it out by clicking here
Message 3 of 29 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
43386 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Nobody has been really happy with any PP set-up, so far, but regressing the recent changes removes a big complaint. 2.10's changes were not acceptable and 2.09's are bearable, for the time being.

There are not restrictions different than before, as far as I know.

You can still set either PP or power and weight.

Message 4 of 29 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Feb 19, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

Nobody has been really happy with any PP set-up, so far, but regressing the recent changes removes a big complaint. 2.10's changes were not acceptable and 2.09's are bearable, for the time being.

There are not restrictions different than before, as far as I know.

You can still set either PP or power and weight.

So now the PP system wont un-ballance things like before am I right?

My GT6 club number 1036691
the club is for my ;X2014 jr racing events I host.
we also have a facebook page, check it out by clicking here
Message 5 of 29 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 19, 2013

After playing for a few years I must say This is a mistake.mixing up the pp was a shock.!! .but it is what the game needed.now reverting back is just what I needed, to say  Enough is enough.. New tracks.New cars too much to ask.This game has developed to its end.back to the boring same cars that dominated for the past Three seasons.I am ready to put it away The New pp was great for a few weeks it sparked more intrest.This is a shame for GT5  goodnight I am putting this game to bed.Its been cool not seeing the lotus elise win all the short track low pp.races I really enjoyed the shake up it was cool seeing diferent cars win. back to the old Grind.

Message 6 of 29 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 19, 2013
This is my feeling.. It was easy to set rooms up by hp.to even out the pp .so why revert back ? this game was almost new ... now its old and in the way. My gaming is based on enjoyment,and excitment..change was great!!reverting back.. is a shame.Back to the same cars that have dominated since It came out.big step backwards unless you just bought the game yesterday.three years it needed an adjustment.
Message 7 of 29 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2063 posts

Feb 19, 2013

@Blue Well the game hasn't been out for 3 years. More like 2 years and 4 months. The PP system in 2.10 was completely useless. It didn't level the field out properly. And whats wrong with the lotus elise winning lower PP races? That is the ultimate "go kart" style car and it should dominate that level. If you don't like going into an online room using PP regulations, start your own room with HP/wt restrictions. It's that simple. Hopefully you don't abandon GT5 now, there is plenty here to do and still lots more fun to be had. Also, if you don't like all the open rooms way of life, check out the events sub forum and come race with us. The racing is always close and clean, and the cars are usually similar enough that there is not one single car that domintes. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 8 of 29 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Its just since 11/24/10 I have been playing and the add ons have kept it Fresh..the pp update was crazy.. but it made the game unpredictable..it was great seeing dif.cars that were fast.it has been a long time coming and for two weeks I have enjoyed the online gaming even more with the varity of cars .Back to the Evoras and the other great cars that have dom.since it came out.I have lost intrest.we need sonoma,silverstone,We need something.instead  we are going backwards.

Message 9 of 29 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 19, 2013
This is a shame for the GT5 game.I never said I had any problem with online pp rooms ..Dont know where you got that. But keeping this game 'Fresh' was what I thought the update did. people dont like change.. even though the game has been out for over two years.this update was intresting and made MY gaming more enjoyable.
Message 10 of 29 (397 Views)
0 Likes