First Son
5 posts

Re: 2.10 update problem! Game wont start!

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

So 44+ people are all guilty of "unfortunate course of action"... it's all our fault is it?

Yes, of course, and PD is wonderful and can do no wrong, ever.  rolleyes.gif

Anyway, back in the real world, still kind of p'd off with the lack of any acknowledgment from PD whatsoever. The stuck car in my garage I can drive in the first couple of updates, after that, it's stuck. Nothing makes any difference. Clearly a problem with data thats corrupted in some way but a simple update would fix this either release some kind  of tool to remove data in the save or just make an update that skips stuck cars instead of letting the game hang. Can't be that hard.

Message 31 of 47 (17,328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Karma in at least one case....Smiley Very Happy

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 32 of 47 (17,301 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

O.k  Here is the way I see it, and I will start by saying I empathize with your issue chug, I would seriously be bummed to lose on-line capability. Master Gt has done his best to first, narrow down the problem so he could relay the issue. Everybody loves details,( tip: If you have to report a problem to someone,,, also offer a place to look for the cure)otherwise your just b****ing. 

It's only been 7 or 8 days since the update and I would guess that PD is all over it. Personally , I would use this time to get some gold  licenses or finish  some 24 hr races.(Those should be done off-line anyway). I don't know what else to say other than to be patient and creative.

chug-a-bug wrote:

So 44+ people are all guilty of "unfortunate course of action"... it's all our fault is it?

Yes, of course, and PD is wonderful and can do no wrong, ever.  rolleyes.gif

Anyway, back in the real world, still kind of p'd off with the lack of any acknowledgment from PD whatsoever. The stuck car in my garage I can drive in the first couple of updates, after that, it's stuck. Nothing makes any difference. Clearly a problem with data thats corrupted in some way but a simple update would fix this either release some kind  of tool to remove data in the save or just make an update that skips stuck cars instead of letting the game hang. Can't be that hard.

Really,,,, in all the line of code that surrounds having a car in your garage that's been there over a month is going to have an adverse reaction to the new code that was just released can't be that hard .  I would love to set you up with a business sir, I'll just need 58%.Smiley Wink 

I have no love affair with PD contrary to popular belief, I am simply a realist when it comes to timescale and resources, I will gladly   eat my words if it takes more than a month to fix it though, better yet, I'll make sure you get a full garage.... every car and ticket in the game.Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 33 of 47 (17,300 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Hi guys

In GTplanet we fix the problem with looping screen when update to 2.10

The problem are the "ghost cars"

Heres the link (message #598)

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8037974#post8037974

Good luck!

Tutorial to fix problem with 2.10 update.
Your problem all starts with undeletable car/s which is in your garage/save game.
The last place you could use that save was in version 2.09 of GT5?
You need to revert back to 2.09 and do a few simple things so you can get your save to work while in version 1.00.

1. Don't delete anything, That includes any DLC. Nothing needs to be deleted.

2. Downgrade to 2.09 How to downgrade? Go to GAME DATA UTILITY select GT5 / triangle / delete.

You now need to install updates to get you back to version 2.09. You could do this manually from the internet or use a version of the GT5 disc or Academy discs which has updates already on the disc?

3. You need to find for your ghost car/s, (Undeletable cars.) The cars are unable to be choosen, sold or deleted. When you find it or them go to next step.

4. Go to your GT world menu And click over the options / Design options / and change background color to the first one (BLUE) and Backgroud image to the first aswell (Afternoon one)
This step is still under construction has some things could be tried slightly differently.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...04#post8037704
But the main thing is that your save in 2.09 needs to be able to open in version 1.00 so things need to be altered to do so.

5. Again go to GAME DATA UTILITY and delete the game to go back to 1.00 version. (If version 1.00 does NOT work for you. You could try the first update which is 608mb and that takes you to version 1.05.) You need to use the First GT5 disc edition?
(No other versions of the disc will get you back to version 1.00)

6. Enter the GT5, Say no to updates and go to your garage. Delete the car/s

7. Once you have done the above steps You can then install back to 2.10.

After completion of the updates and you have a working save that loads in 2.10
You may have to go through the process of updating any DLC you may have. Or any that will have the exclamation marks on them while in garage view.
You can go to your account manager on your XMB and redownload them or re-install them?
Plus you can aslo check by going to PSN store and they will be in your download history. So these items are not lost but just need to be reinstalled. Plus there are many threads on the subject on how to go about this so help is there for anyone who has problems?
Plus its advisable to install the family upgrade pack so all DLC is available in all accounts.

While you are now back in version 2.10 you may have a garage full of cars but the thumbnails look a bit crazy.
Just click on the trianlge in garage view and create thumbnails for all, This will take time depending on how many cars you have.

Message 34 of 47 (17,283 Views)
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Quick question...

I've been having similar 2.10 problems(post about my problem can be found here

I've been trying to resolve the issue myself, and in the process, went ahead and deleted everything on the system from GT5. Step 1 is to not delete anything. Am I screwed?

Message 35 of 47 (17,262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

point 1 is about the GT game data

Not necessary to delete DLC's cars, tickets, special paints and the save game.

Dont worry about format the PS3 but save yours savegames in a USB to recover your game.

About my update 2.10 problem I format the disk (fast one)  like 3 times.

If your problem is about the looping screen of the GT logo and Saving data message when you update to 2.10 I post how to fix it
, but you need a 1st one GT disc (1.00) to go back and delete the "ghost car"

XL disc is a 2.09 version. then delete the game in GAME DATA UTILITY and when you start the game without updating you will have 2.09 that it works but wont have online.
To have online you will need 2.10.

reading that maybe you have a problem in your HDD or in the lens

dookiecat wrote:

Left the 8GB install on overnight, and it's still at about 1/6th finished after 12 hours.  Giving up on that, and moving on to seeing if the re-installed updates will work.

dookiecat wrote:

Quick question...

I've been having similar 2.10 problems(post about my problem can be found here

I've been trying to resolve the issue myself, and in the process, went ahead and deleted everything on the system from GT5. Step 1 is to not delete anything. Am I screwed?

Good luck

Message 36 of 47 (17,255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Thanks for the reply, and yes, I also am beginning to think it is my lens.  Even after a Blu Ray lens cleaner, the system does not read discs on the first time everytime

Message 37 of 47 (17,246 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 2, 2013
soo...do we have any news or updates yet? i really miss my game....
Message 38 of 47 (17,136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3271 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Kader89 wrote:
soo...do we have any news or updates yet? i really miss my game....

You can give this a shot.  Remember to back up your game save file first! Smiley Wink

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/Unofficial-GT5-Update-2-10-Loopin...

Message 39 of 47 (17,131 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
45118 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Apparently, PD will try to fix this 2.10 issue within the next two weeks.

Message 40 of 47 (17,110 Views)