Highlighted
Oct 10 2012
By: matrimonio69 Monster Hunter 34 posts

The correct way to flip a ticket?

[ Edited ]
2 replies 243 views Edited Oct 15, 2012

I have a ticket 1000.

I want to cash it in, and keep it.

I know theres a way, I've seen it here, its kinda complicated, but I can't find it!

Could someone post the link please?

thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: The correct way to flip a ticket?

Oct 20, 2012

I found the answer from Swerve_griffith...

Be VERY CAREFUL and follow these instructions very diligently. It is always a great idea to back up your gamesave to your PC before doing this process. That way, you always have a clean backup copy of your gamesave. Extra caution prevents heartache later...........

Gamesave Restore Instructions

Here is the correct process with USB Drive already inserted in PS3:

1) Receive anything that you have been gifted

2) Immediately hit Save button on left side of My Page screen

3) Quit Gran Turismo 5 by pressing PS3 button and selecting Quit Game

4) Then it says “Do you want to quit the game?” , select “Yes”

5) Toggle up to Saved Data Utility

6) Press X and then move to your Gran Turismo 5 Game Save until it is selected

7) Press Triangle and select Copy (pressing X button)

8) (By default, it will always select Online Storage for you), Toggle down to USB Drive and press X

9) It says" There is saved data with the same name at the save destination. Do you want to overwrite it?" Select Yes and press X. (Shows PS3 > Save Destination: USB Device)

10) It will save your Game Save to the USB Drive, you now have a backup with your new car / Ticket/ and or any items that you just received.

Sending Cars, Tickets, and Items Instructions

If you wish to send something to someone else, first make sure your Gamesave is backed up using the method above

1) Enter Gran Turismo 5, select GT Mode, and proceed to "My Page"

2) Select the car or Ticket ( You cannot be in the car if you wish to send it)

3) Press Triangle and select Give to Friend

4) Select Friend from list and Press OK with X

5) Car or Ticket now is gone, Press PS button and select Quit Game, press X

6) Do you want to Quit Game?,  Select ”Yes” press X

7) Toggle up to Saved Data Utility and press X

8) **Be extremely careful here**, this time toggle up to your USB drive and press X

9) Select your Gran Turismo 5 gamesave and press Triangle

10) Select Copy and press X

11) Says: There is saved data with the same name at the save destination. Do you want to 

overwrite it? Select “Yes” and press X ( Shows: USB Device > Save Destination: PS3)

12) Says: If you overwrite it, the saved data stored on “PS3” will be lost. Are you sure you want to overwrite the saved data? Select “Yes” and press X

13) Success!!! You have restored your gamesave and your car/ Ticket/ or items that you just sent are restored.

Flipping Tickets Instructions

first make sure your Gamesave is backed up using the method above

1) Enter Gran Turismo 5, select GT Mode, and proceed to "My Page"

2) Go to your Trailer labeled "Car Delivery" and Press X

3) Select the Ticket that you wish to "Flip", Press X

4) Are you sure you want to use this item, select "Yes", car appears out of the darkness.

5) Do you want to use this car now?, I usually select " No".

6) Game automatically saves at this point.

7) Is this the car you were trying to obtain? If Yes, Click red dot on left to Save Game.

8)  If no, Ticket now is gone, Press PS button and select Quit Game, press X

9) Do you want to Quit Game?,  Select ”Yes” press X

10) Toggle up to Saved Data Utility and press X

11) **Be extremely careful here**, this time toggle up to your USB drive and press X

12) Select your Gran Turismo 5 gamesave and press Triangle

13) Select Copy and press X

14) Says: There is saved data with the same name at the save destination. Do you want to 

overwrite it? Select “Yes” and press X ( Shows: USB Device > Save Destination: PS3)

15) Says: If you overwrite it, the saved data stored on “PS3” will be lost. Are you sure you want to overwrite the saved data? Select “Yes” and press X

16) Success!!! You have restored your gamesave and your Tickets that you just opened are restored.If you have multiples of a certain Ticket,  you can open a few of them before "Restoring", increasing your chances to get desired car.

I understand fully that many of you are very knowledgeable about Gran Turismo 5. I wrote these instructions step by step, so I can give them to anyone who may wish to send cars/ Tickets/ Paints/ Gear and still keep their copy. I know that you likely do not need such detailed instructions, but all info is valuable as a reference in my opinion. Regards, SWERV

Message 2 of 3 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Re: The correct way to flip a ticket?

Oct 21, 2012
The only "problem" is in the OP you state,"I want to cash it in, and keep it."

In the description youd have to send it (car) to an alternate account then load the save that had the ticket, then send the car back to that account. Make sense?

FWIW theres also a post or thread that will tell you which tickets get which car (thus are worth flipping.) Ticket 1000 would be your last choice for flipping since it can give you any car in the game. B-day and Level (Level 16 for example) are the preferred tix for flipping since they narrow it down minimizing the flipping process which in my experience is quite tedious. Good luck!
Dirty_Harry44
Message 3 of 3 (197 Views)
0 Likes