Highlighted
Sep 18 2012
By: SWERV_GRIFFIN Treasure Hunter 6687 posts

New Standard Car Trading Thread

[ Edited ]
46 replies 322 views Edited Oct 7, 2012

We'll be discussing the new Standard Cars available in the Online Car Dealer in the regular section of the Forum, and discussing and Trading them here. I figured if we did not make a Trading Thread, the Mods would move that other thread to this area any minute now. This should avert that happening.Smiley Very Happy

I have quite a few of the new Standards already in 0/0/0 condition. A couple of the AC 427 S/Cs are 1/0/0, as the person I traded from apparently did not understand not to get into the car. To me, that is insignificant, as most of these , I will drive eventually anyway.

I do try to keep cars in "collectible" condition, but do not obsess on it like they do over at GTPlanet. They are a different breed of folk over there.Smiley Wink

The AC Cars 427 S/C is not a new addition to the game, but it is fairly rare and I've been collecting them for some time. It should be a bit more readily available in all 14 colors, since it is currently in the Online Dealer.

I'll edit this post as I add new cars. I may even make a sheet showing who has received what, but have not yet done that.

SWERV_GRIFFIN

Dan_Zitions (DZ)

AC Cars 427 S/C '66

---  Vineyard Green 1/0/0

DZ Black /Gold Stripes 3/0/0

--- Dark Blue 431.2 Miles

--- Guardsman Blue/ White Stripes 0/0/0

--- Sunset Red 0/0/0

DZ Cherry Red 0/0/0

DZ Black/Gold Stripes  1/0/0 (2nd car)

--- Ruby Red 0/0/0

DZ Canary Yellow 0/0/0

--- Sand 0/0/0

--- Vineyard Green 0/0/0

300SL

--- Graphitgrau 0/0/0

--- Schwarz 0/0/0

--- WeiBgrau 0/0/0

DZ Feuerwehrrot 0/0/0

Camaro Z/28 '69

DZ Dusk Blue Metallic/ White Stripes 0/0/0

DZ Rallye Green/ White Stripes 1/0/0

DZ Fathom Blue Metallic/ White Stripes 0/0/0

DZ Glacier Blue Metallic/ White Stripes 0/0/0

DZ Tuxedo Black/ White Stripes 0/0/0

Burgundy Metallic/ White Stripes 0/0/0

Azure Turquoise Metallic / White Stripes 0/0/0

Cortez Silver Metallic / Black Stripes 0/0/0

Hugger Orange / White Stripes 0/0/0

Forest Green Metallic / White Stripes 0/0/0

PKR_SWERVGRIFFIN

DZs_Stunt_Double (SD)

AC Cars 427 S/C '66

--- Live Oak 0/0/0

--- Dark Blue 0/0/0

SD Black/ Gold Stripes 0/0/0

--- Canary Yellow 0/0/0

300SL

--- Blaugrau 0/0/0

SD Schwarz 0/0/0

SD Elfenbein 0/0/0

Camaro Z/28 '69

SD Burnished Brown Metallic/ White Stripes 0/0/0

SD Forest Green Metallic/ White Stripes 0/0/0

SD Butternut Yellow / Black Stripes

SD Fathom Blue/ White Stripes 0/0/0

EDIT:

Updated 10-7-12 @12:30 AM 

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 1 of 47 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Re: New Standard Car Trading Thread

Sep 19, 2012

@SWERV, Ruby Red AC S/C sent.  Do you still want the WeiBgrau 300 SL? If so, i'll get that to ya tomorrow. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 2 of 47 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Sep 19, 2012

tguns16 wrote:

@SWERV, Ruby Red AC S/C sent.  Do you still want the WeiBgrau 300 SL? If so, i'll get that to ya tomorrow. 

Yes Please. Which car in which colr would you prefer first from my SWERV_GRIFFIN account?

Message 3 of 47 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I don't need anything Sir. I'll get that 300 to ya tomorrow night. Smiley Happy

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 4 of 47 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I have a Cortez Silver Metallic / Black Stripes 69 Camaro Z28 and a White 300 SL. I'm very interested in collecting the other colors as well.  

Think I only have the Guardsman Blue and Dark Blue 427 S/C.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 47 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Sep 19, 2012

AC Cars 427 S/C '66 sent to Dan_Zitions in 1/0/0 condition.

I don't know if I did this right but I sent this car to this account because you had not yet got a chance to accept my FR from my PKR_SWERVGRIFFIN account.

I sent a copy of the Canary Yellow 427 S/C  to my SWERV_GRIFFIN account with tonight's send. That will enable me to send that car out easier .

Message 6 of 47 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

Dan_Zitions , I sent you the Forest Green '69 Z/28 tonight to your DZs_Stunt_Double account.

I am not at all trying to be bosysy bossy with anyone or tell anyone how to post and where. I am just afraid that they are going to move our Main Forum thread here any day.

Overall they are pretty understanding. I still am going to discuss the cars mostly out there and update the Have list regularly, and just post specific details of send in here. Maybe they will let that fly.Smiley Wink

EDIT: I'm not sure what bosysy means myself, but I substituted the actual word that I was trying to spell instead.Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 47 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Dan_Ztions, sent Canary Yellow( No StripesSmiley Sad) 427 S/C to your Dan_Zitions account. If I ever find the Unicorn Car, you know it's yours in a heartbeat, Bro.

Mad props to Peyepete for his generosity supplying us this car.

Message 8 of 47 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

I found it...!

Thanks for the link SWERVE.

My comment in the other thread had the desired effect and you posted it twice for those of us that are a bit slow on the uptake. Smiley Wink

Hard to keep track of more than one or two places with the head. I rarely get to the events section because of it. I have so many bookmarks and tags and threads to try and follow I get tired before I find what I'm looking for, LOL.

Now that I've posted here, I can follow this thread from my account page, so that's a big help.

Machines will be kicking on in a few fours, so sends will follow as first order of business. (Thursday)

I sold off a bunch of 30,000 mile plus cars, I had too many on DZ. It was taking the page for standards a solid minute to two minutes to load, longer in the lounge... I don't know what what (...edit...I just saw this proof reading, but left it in there just for you, LOL...) they're doin', but it takes forever for stuff to load now. I dropped almost 210 cars. Felt like calling Jenny Craig and doin' a little bragging or something. Good thing they don't give out a trophy for the over 300,000 mile club more than once... Just to have as many color variants as possible I had a rather large abundance of very worn out machines. Even gave away a duplicate Ferrari F1 car. Hate you can't get anything back for that. "Real" anything my buttockal region. 

I also tried some ticket flipping in your honor...

Discovered I really do hate Cosmos... Tried a CL MSL, Lvl 10 and a 67 B'day and no luck with any of them.

Ticket flipping usually tends to just slap me around like I'm it's... um, dog wanting puppies.

Flipping a 67 B Day once I got 4 (...that's four...) Cosmos in a row. Ugh.

I did finally get that 67 Ferrari though. Someday I'll work up the stamina and patience for the GT40 P car too.

Same happens flipping Lvl 24's for FGTs. I get 14 Ferrarris and 4 blue FGTs, then a red...

I just wanted the Yellow and Black one that's in the OLCD now. (...yes, I already bought it on 3 of the 6 accounts on that machine...)

I wonder if I print the ticket out and take it to a priest or a shaman or something and have it "blessed"... Smiley Tongue

Smiley Very Happy

The things we do for love... Of car colors anyway.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 47 (259 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Sep 20, 2012

I was happy to get my sends done last night in any form. I did not return from my B-Day party until fairly late, and had my son visiting at my house until about Midnight. I showed him the Ticket flipping process, the sending process, and our Trading threads, etc..

He is a sharp guy with a lot of attention to details, and was very impressed with how well we all organize and accomplish what we want done with Gran Turismo 5. He played the GT series since GT1, and up to GT4 and Tourist Trophy. He was very impressed with what can now be done in the game.

It's now only about a little over 4 hours since I went to sleep, and I'm headed off to work. I should get 2 more sends done to someone or other after the reset today. I don't know about tomorrow, as I think that I'll take a motorcycle ride down to visit Phil at Grand Touring Garage for a few hours and see the Trans-Cammer again( she's back for a brief visit). After that, I think I'll loop around to Crater Lake for the remainder of the day. It'll likely be a very long day.............Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 47 (254 Views)
0 Likes