Jun 13 2012
By: White_R34 Uncharted Territory 1751 posts

GT5 Best Steeringwheel Discussion?

10 replies 2472 views Edited Jun 13, 2012

Ok guys in this group discussion I wan to talk and get info that will help othere find the best low or high cost steeringwheel out there. Now I know that the Thrustmaster "T500RS" is one of the best out there., but some of us like me can't meet that high price. So if any of you knows of a steeringwheel out there that you may thing is as good and has a cost that most could afford.

Please post your views an give a description of the product and it's approximate cost in hole numbers. An if you have a favorite link that may help otheres'  please post that info on the bord and in PM - Private Message.

My question is that I want a lost cost but a working wheel under 300 bones!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 11 (2,472 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Re: GT5 Best Steeringwheel Discussion?

Jun 13, 2012

G27 Logitech, best wheel under $300. Period. End of discussion. Also, use the search. This has been discussed to death many times.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 2 of 11 (2,472 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Thank's I see Amazon has that wheel at a really nice price. I'll even look to see if Game stop has one that I can use my points to get.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 11 (2,472 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Jun 14, 2012

"Swerv_Griffin" I know you stated that the Logitech G27 is the best wheel under $300, Period End of discussion!  not so fast my good man. I can afford that wheel but there are some on here that may not be sold on shelling out that price. With out have a clear understanding on just what the benefits of have said wheel. Now after going through the Options menu of GTA, I see that the system is set up for a range of wheels. Here's that list starting with the best as it was shown in the games Options menu.

Logitech: Driving Force GT

Guillemot: Thrust Master T500RS

Logitech: G27 Racing Wheel    (For me on order)

Logitech: G25 Racing Wheel

Logitech: Driving Force Pro.

Logitech: GT Force

Logitech: Driving Force

Logitech: Driving Force EX

Well now that we all have a full list of wheel sets that this system supports., what we all need are personal reviews and opinions on the pro's and con's of these wheels and there round about costs. This is why I started this post of thred.

Please flokes add your (personal reviews and opinions)...

Photobucket
Message 4 of 11 (2,472 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Now folks I have noticed in the videos of the 2011 Silverstone virtual trials., that the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is the setup for all the competitors to use. Now I don't know if that wheel will be the same one used this year or not., but that wheel has a realy low cost. I found one on Amazon for around or between 70 and 80 bucks.  Way to go GTA tech gooroos' go for the cheaper wheel for the competition will pushing the higher priced will to the pulic. You have got to love marketing strategists.

http://www.racingandwaiting.co.uk/2011/07/feature-nissan-gt-academy/

Now I'm on my way to the local Game Stop to check out there GT Wheel an I;ll let you all know what I find.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 11 (2,472 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3620 posts

Jun 14, 2012
Message 6 of 11 (2,472 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 15, 2012

There is also a company called Fanatec which makes wheels for the Box, but they work great on ps3 as well as pc.They sell them alacart where you can chose between 4 or 5 wheels and pedals as well as 2 types of shifters. I also found a lot of good information on you tube looking for best wheel for GT5. I used a DFGT wheel for a couple of years then upgraded to a G27, I got a Fanatec CSR elite set up for the Box and now is the only 1 I use for GT5. I think  the wheel make the game better for me, my advice get the one you like and make sure to find a good way to set it up so that you can drive without worring about knocking it over or having to chase the wheel or pedals around while trying to stay on the track.

Message 7 of 11 (2,472 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Jun 15, 2012

I've owned every wheel in that list except the Thrustmaster . I have 3 friends that have that wheel. We have 500 registered users at our own Forum. We 've talked for years about what wheel is best for the money. That and my personal experience tells me that I definitely know what I'm talking about. I could care less if you get reviews from whomever else.

My question still stands though, why would you put this thread in the Marketplace area??? This  Sub-Forum is for trading cars, Ticket, Paints, Parts, etc. It gets much less traffic than the main forum. Why don't you actually use the search function, and READ the dozens of existing posts already written on the matter you wish to know about. It's not all that difficult to follow some proper Forum etiquette..................

Message 8 of 11 (2,472 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Thank's for the brow beat down "SWERV_GRIFFIN" Yes I should has know an didn't posted this in the proper section of our forum.

Edit: I don't know how to move a post or thred, Do you?  "SWERV_GRIFFIN".

Photobucket
Message 9 of 11 (2,472 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Jun 15, 2012

While you may not see it this way, from my first post, I've tried to help you. You said Wheels below $300, I gave you the most accurate info in that category. I still own a DFGT and A Driving Force EX. They are OK for a less expensive wheel, but in reality they don't stack up that well against a G27. The Fanatec is an OK wheel, but is over your price range if you add any of the other

components.

And for the record, I am not trying to "Brow Beat You Down" as you claimed. I am trying to direct you first to the resources that you seek: existing info from previous posts. Or if you insist on making a new thread, at least do it in the main area where you will get some more exposure. The thing is, after a while things get somewhat tedious at this Forum, and I'm not the most patient man.

Many of us that hve been here for 5 years or more, have some good suggestions for those who arrive at a later time. More often than not, our help is greeted with an unappreciative, negative, or hostile attitude. I am here to help if I can, but that help is often just straight to the point. I am making no apologies for the way that I am.

EDIT: And to answer your question, we cannot move threads. If you really can't search, find an old thread about this subject to reply to as you should, I suppose that then your best bet would to make yet another thread in the Main Forum area about this subject.( There are lots of them already)

Message 10 of 11 (2,472 Views)
0 Likes