Splicer
85 posts

Re: I'd liRe: Free car giveaway

Jan 9, 2013

Ron,

I'm an old time CART fan myself (before the Indy/CART split) and like the open wheel race cars. The bummer is there aren't any (Indy/CART) in the game. The closest are the F1 cars. So I sent you a Level 24 ticket, along with a bunch of other goodies. :-)  As far as creating a B-Spec driver there's really nothing to it. If you get a guy you don't like you can always fire him later.

jdhunt,

Aren't those two NASCAR cars available at the NCD? Normally I prefer to gift stuff that you can't buy flatout since the game has that stupid one car a day gift limit. But if that is what you want as you don't have the money for it that's fine. I just wanted to check first. If that is what you want do you want it bone stock or would you like it maxed out with all the goodies? Either way I will send you something in about 20 hours (i.e. after next reset). If there's something else you would like instead of the two NASCAR cars let me know. I have many of my cars listed at the link below in case you want to look through some of what I have.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/carlist.php?garage=30677

fiveNavySeals,

Hold your horses cowboy, let's take it one at a time. :-) I have the Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) ’09 in all 5 colors. Would one of those work for you? If so what color would you like? On a different note are you in the military or is the user name you picked something you hope to be someday? I'm prior service myself, that's why I was wondering. My user name is my old MajCom and RI.

Brobey,

I should have an opening to send you another Mopar in a few days. What would you like next? Don't forget the new ones I listed a few messages back. Also, if you want to join in on the remote racing set some B-Spec drivers to shared mode and I will run them with jdhunt's and stamper43's drivers at the same time.

Message 41 of 89 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jan 9, 2013

AFTAC_99104,       

Thanks for your help!

I would like to get this car next:  1970 Dodge Charger R/T 440   Bright Blue Metallic   0/0/0

Message 42 of 89 (622 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 9, 2013

yeah nvm on those i can buy them. is there any way i could get the x2011 prototype? or an f1 car or something like that. i want a high end race car of some kind. you can surprise me with something if you want im not real picky lol.

Message 43 of 89 (616 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Driver in B is Bob Mosley, I think..lol.. Wife has PS3 Setup TV tied up
until tonight.. I will be back on about 2230 CST
Driver is Set.. I ran across Share somewhere, but don't remember
where I saw it.. Where is share at? I will share the tuned
Corvette 06, it is fast. if you like it, I will gift it plus a small BMW
Brand new.. Paid 38k for it last night.. maybe 2 miles on it. Advise
Steps .. do I set it all up within the B Racing Area??
Message 44 of 89 (605 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
827 posts

Jan 10, 2013

stamper43 wrote:
Driver in B is Bob Mosley, I think..lol.. Wife has PS3 Setup TV tied up
until tonight.. I will be back on about 2230 CST
Driver is Set.. I ran across Share somewhere, but don't remember
where I saw it.. Where is share at? I will share the tuned
Corvette 06, it is fast. if you like it, I will gift it plus a small BMW
Brand new.. Paid 38k for it last night.. maybe 2 miles on it. Advise
Steps .. do I set it all up within the B Racing Area??

Go to Garage, position pointer on the car you want to share, hit triangle, scroll down to "share with friends" choose ON.

You cant share the car you are in.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 45 of 89 (600 Views)
Splicer
85 posts

Jan 10, 2013

jdhunt,

Since you mentioned the F1 cars I sent you e Level 24 ticket. This will get you one of the Ferrari F1 cars ($10 to $12 million at the NCD) or the standard Formula Gran Turismos (they come in several different colors) that come up at the OCD for $5 million. If you back up your save file before you open the ticket you can keep trying it over and over till you get the one you want. I also ran your Bobs through some remote races this afternoon. Will run them some more when I run stamper43's guys. Do you only have 2 drivers? If you add more it will help you rake in some extra cash quicker.

peyepete,

Thanks for the explanation. You beat me to the answer. Smiley Happy

Brobey,

Will send the next Mopar soon. I haven't heard from fiveNavySeal yet (he hasn't sent me the FR yet). He's currently next in line but if I don't hear from him soon I will send to you instead since I already have a FR from you.

Message 46 of 89 (598 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 11, 2013

When I hit Share does this go to all friends or can I just pick you..  Can I drive the shared car also, if you are not running it?

22:25 ,, I am getting online.. Message me if you are up and available.. CST here.

If I miss you, will talk later..

May just send the Mazda Rx 7 and can I change it to unshare, then choose share of Corvette for tomorrow?

From what you said, I will try to create another Driver.

Ron  Stamper43

Message 47 of 89 (591 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
827 posts

Jan 11, 2013

stamper43 wrote:

When I hit Share does this go to all friends or can I just pick you..  Can I drive the shared car also, if you are not running it?

22:25 ,, I am getting online.. Message me if you are up and available.. CST here.

If I miss you, will talk later..

May just send the Mazda Rx 7 and can I change it to unshare, then choose share of Corvette for tomorrow?

From what you said, I will try to create another Driver.

Ron  Stamper43

You can put up to 6 cars on "share", Any of your friends can use the cars, but you cannot use a car that is shared.

You can see what cars you or any of your friends have on share by clicking on your / their "Profile".

Shared cars and B-Spec drivers have nothing to do with each other.

Hope that helps...

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 48 of 89 (585 Views)
Splicer
85 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Ron,

I see that you have the Dodge Challenger set to be shared with friends but I don't see any drivers. Go in to GT mode and click on the "Profile" tab that is on the left side of the screen near the upper part of the display. It will show your stats along with anything you have set to be shared with friends, whether it's drivers or cars. If you don't see your driver(s) there then they have not been set to be shared. And as peyepete mentioned, sharing drivers and cars are two seperate items and are not related to each other. And yes, when you set anything to shared mode anyone that you have as a friend on your PS3 can borrow if they play GT5. Don't worry about setting any cars to shared mode as I have enough of them and don't need to borrow anything. Thanks though. I'm about to go to work for a while and I've set my system up to run remote races in my absence. Even though it shows you have zero drivers I left your user name in the queue anyhow. With luck it will pick up your driver(s) if you add any while I'm at work.

If you're still not sure how to set a driver to be shared all you have to do is click on the helmet icon on the left side of the screen when you're in GT mode. This will bring up your drivers. Click on one of the drivers and his profile will pop up. Towards the lower left side of his profile window is the share with friends setting. Click on that and then click on yes to confirm. Then to see if you did it right go back to the Profile tab that I mentioned above and see if any drivers show up under your profile.

Message 49 of 89 (579 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for your help Pete..you guys are great. How do I find what
server name a friend is in, when I see in Friends they are on line
..Other than sending a message to them..I saw somewhere there is
a running log of all contacts in games.. lost track where that is at.
What is the simplest other than messaging... Ron Stamper43
Message 50 of 89 (572 Views)
0 Likes