First Son
25 posts

Re: I'd liRe: Free car giveaway

Jan 7, 2013

Hi Aftac,

I tried to send a friend request to your AFTAC_99104 and I guess you have to be online, it didn't find online address.

Advise if that is wriong.  Do I need to be in the game maybe when you are in it on a server.

Also,  I tried to set up the Playstation eye and calibrated it and all.  but maybe the numbers I have in aren't correct.

I can pull in the box to get my Faceview. and when I move my head back and forth. I see it ok, The cross..  Problem is that

when I get in the game on the track, in a car.. I turn my head like looking to the side, I sway my head back and forth

and maybe just barely see some movement.   Does the Head Turn part of the game work ok.. I'm hoping I can look

out the side and see cars coming beside me with the side mirrors.  if you have the best numbers to Calibrate with advise.

Advise me if I how/when I need to do a Friend request.

Thanks again

Ron  Stamper43

Message 31 of 89 (751 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I was not in Arcade..  Head Turn issue will probably be ok..

Still have a question in when to Request Friend to you.. and Best Medium priced Wheel and Petals

Tnks    Stamper43

Message 32 of 89 (747 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Free car giveaway - Mopar (Dodge/Plymouth) time (updated 12/17/12)

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

I love the Super Bees

Message 33 of 89 (740 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Ron,

Don't know what to tell you about a wheel and pedal combo as I'm still living in the stone age and use the DS3 controller. Not as smooth in the corners but it gets the job done, for the most part. I do have a problem with most of the expert level online races though but I think I just suck at driving in general and don't think a pedal and wheel setup will help with that. I've always been a drag racer at heart  (used to race a lot in the 80's and 90's) and the only time I've been to a circle track or road course was as part of a pit crew. As far as sending a Friend Request all you need to do is be logged in to the PSN (don't even need to have GT5 loaded) and send it to AFTAC_99104. If you are having problems make sure you use and underscore in the middle and a zero for the second to last character and not the letter O.

Hey Brobey,

Thanks for trying to be considerate. Rare site to see on the internet these days. :-) If you see me giving away cars and I have no one lined up feel free to ask. If I have a free slot to send I have no problem sending multiple cars to the same person. I just sent the Formal Black Cuda. Will send a few more as I can. So not to waste slots for sending tickets I've been using a secondary account that I created for remote racing to send Classic Muscle Car tickets to my AFTAC account with. By doing this I've added a few more 0/0/0 Mopars to the collection. I now have 2 more '71 Cudas (Snow White & Gold Leaf Metallic), 2 more Superbirds (Ice Blue Metallic & Rallye Red), and one '71 Super Bee in Hemi Orange.

As far as Mopars in real life I have had quite a few over the last 25 years. My first one was a '72 Charger with the same covered headlight grill as seen on the '71 Super Bee in the game (was a rare option in '72). It had the 400 Magnum V8. I got it from my dad in 1986 as he bought it used back in 1974. Had to leave it behind when I joined the Air Force back in 1988 and was sent to the west coast (family was back in Florida). After that I've had a factory 440 powered Ramcharger 4x4 (a 1977 model with the removeable top), a 1971 Challenger with a 340 6 pak setup and 4 speed trans with the pistol grip shifter, and a couple of turbo Daytonas from the mid to late 80's. Now I have a web site that's deticated to the heavy duty commercial trucks Dodge used to make up till the mid 70's. My current Mopar playtoys are a 1981 Chrysler Imperial (last of the rear wheel drive version) and a 1972 Dodge high cab CN900 with a different kind of 318 (a Detroit Diesel 8V71 2 stroke diesel engine with a 13 speed RoadRanger trans).  Right now we live on a military base (wife is still active duty, I'm no longer in) so it limits me on how many vehicles I can have. If we had our own place I would probably have at least a dozen different Mopars by now (maybe that's why the wife likes to live on base).

Anyhow, glad to see another Mopar fan join the fun. if there's any other Mopars you want please feel free to ask.

jdhunt,

I guess you can say I'm still doing the giveaway. This attempt at a giveaway was kind of  a dud due to lack of interest. Seeing as how I don't have a lot of people asking for cars I still have open slots for gifting cars or tickets. So if there's something you want feel free to ask. As far as the B-Spec racing you should be able to add a few more drivers by now. If you create new drivers be sure to set them to "Share with friends" so I can run them through some remote racing for you. If you do this within the next 8 hours (i.e. by about 9:30 am east coast time) I will set the widget to run your drivers before I leave town for the afternoon.

Hi Keys,

I agree, the Super Bees are pretty cool. I like the older versions that were based on the Coronet more then the '71 version though.

Message 34 of 89 (734 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 8, 2013

AFTAC_99104

I bet the underscore was a dash, I will try again.

What I would like is a small BMW,, I saw a group racing them.. I didn't notice the HP.  but they looked like they where

running nice and about 6 people racing them..  Also, I saw another server, with about 6 people running Civics of some

kind.. That would help..  I only have 3 cars right now.. Mazda rtx 07 ???  ,, not tuned... a Honda, or maybe its a Nissan. 86

and a Nissan .. about 421 hp or so.   Honda is 192 Hp and Mazda is 621 Hp.

It may be asking to much, but I have no Indy style cars.. I know they are expensive..

Whatever you can do would be greatly appreciated..  One guy I met is sending me a tuned Corvette 06

He blew the other 3 guys away that he was racing..  Would be glad to gift it to you to check out when i get it.

If thats doable on a gifted car.. 

Going in now to send a friend request to you..     On any cars,, your judgement best on HP, tuning, etc.

Thanks again

Stamper43

Message 35 of 89 (723 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Ron,

FR received and accepted. Will send you something tonight. Have to wait for the reset at 7 pm eastern. If you have a B-Spec driver set him to shared mode and I will run him through some remote races for you tonight. This will help you earn some extra cash for buying cars with, especially if you have the log in bonus up to 200%. If you don't have one yet go ahead and create one. Just don't  forget to set him to be shared with friends.

Message 36 of 89 (720 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jan 8, 2013

AFTAC_99104,  I got the Black Cuda....THANKS!

Message 37 of 89 (717 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 8, 2013

i NEED these cars soon: 88' accord coupe and Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car and Nissan SKYLINE GTS-R (R31) ’87 and Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) ’09.Man SadMan SadMan Sad

Message 38 of 89 (707 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 8, 2013

i made a couple new ones and set them to be shared with friends. not real sure on cars right now if others are in bad need of cars tend to them. mines just kind of wanting certain cars although i would like a 2011 jeff gordon or 2011 dale jr if you have either of them for trade. thanks for the help

Message 39 of 89 (701 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I don 't have B set up now.. new to me, but I will be back on about 11 pm CST.. and attempt to create driver.

Anything odd to watch out for in setting it up?

Any tkts you can send would help also.. any Indy style car or a tkt of some kind to help aquire.

will see if your on about 2300 C time..  What do I look for as your Server name when I get on.. Bugs be gone, etc..lol

Just joking..       Thanks for all

Stamper43

Message 40 of 89 (694 Views)
0 Likes