Dec 05 2012
By: AFTAC_99104 Splicer 85 posts

Free car giveaway - Mopar (Dodge/Plymouth) time (updated 12/17/12)

[ Edited ]
88 replies 1507 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

Updated 12/17/2012:  time to give away some Mopars for the week

Here's a list of the Mopars I have (at least the ones that can be traded anyhow). Will be giving them away all week. The first 7 people that post to this thread asking for them get them. Just send me a FR at AFTAC_99104 along with a note letting me know which car you want (after you post  to this thread of course).

I've marked which cars are 0/0/0 and which ones came from the UCD. If anyone wants a UCD car I can reset it to 0/0/0 with a restore ticket before I send it.

Anyhow, here's my list of Mopars:

1971 Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack

Burnished Red Metallic   0/0/0

Glacial Blue Metallic   0/0/0

Mood Indigo Metallic   0/0/0

Formal Black   0/0/0

Tawny Gold Metallic  -  UCD

1970 Plymouth Superbird

Rallye Red   0/0/0

Jamaica Blue Metallic   0/0/0

Lime Light   0/0/0

Frosted Teal Metallic  -  UCD

In-Violet   -  UCD

Sassy Grass Green  -  UCD

Scorch Red  -  UCD

Lemon Twist  -  UCD

Lime Green Metallic  -  UCD

1970 Dodge Charger R/T 440

Bright Blue Metallic  -  0/0/0

Light Green Metallic  -  UCD

Dark Burnt Orange Metallic  -  UCD

Hemi-Orange  -  UCD

Light Blue Metallic  -  UCD

Silver Metallic  -  UCD

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi

Plum Crazy Metallic  0/0/0

Gold Metallic  0/0/0

Butterscotch  0/0/0

Top Banana Yellow  0/0/0

Dark Green Metallic  0/0/0

Willow Green  -  UCD

Dark Gold Metallic  -  UCD

Turquoise Metallic  -  UCD

2003 Dodge SRT4

Flame Red  0/0/0

Solar Yellow  -  UCD

1999 Dodge Viper GTS

Viper Black/Silver Stripes   0/0/0

Viper Red/Silver Stripes    0/0/0

Viper Bright Silver Metallic/Blue Stripes   0/0/0 

Message 1 of 89 (1,507 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Re: Free car giveaway

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Hello!  I am a noob to Gran Turismo 5, so I don't know a lot about this!  But I would love to have a Classic Muscle Car.  Please let me know.

Also, can you explain what the Level tickets and Year Tickets are?

Message 2 of 89 (1,497 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Level Tickets are good for redeeming random cars belong to the level number of the ticket. Eg. Audi R8 '01 is a level 23 car so you'd randomly get an Audi R8 '01 from a level 23 ticket. Note that in the premium dealership and used car dealership you'll see a level number designated to car as well as a pp(performance points) rating. Also there are usually more than one model of cars on a particular level ticket. Eg. Level 23 ticket gives Audi R8 '01, Bentley Speed 8 Race Car 03, Mercedez Benz Sauber C9 Race Car '89, etc. to name a few.

Year Tickets(Birthday Tickets) are awarded in game on your birthday if you log into the game on that date. It should be noted that Birthday tickets only cover the model years of cars in Gran Turismo. ie. since there are no 1945, 1946, 1947, 1948 model year cars in the game so you would not receive those birthday tickets. Earliest is 1942 and latest I think is 2010 - Birthday tickets.

Message 3 of 89 (1,487 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Brobey wrote:

Hello!  I am a noob to Gran Turismo 5, so I don't know a lot about this!  But I would love to have a Classic Muscle Car.  Please let me know.

Also, can you explain what the Level tickets and Year Tickets are?

This is a useful link on GTPlanet which lists the cars available on Birthday and Level Tickets

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=199650

Message 4 of 89 (1,481 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Brobey:

First off welcome to the world of GT5. There's a lot of great people here so if you have any questions feel free to ask. Since GT5 has been out for a while just about anything you can think of has been asked so you might want to try the search feature before you do as you will most likely find what you need real quick. If you aren't able to find what you need be sure you're in the right section before asking your question. Saves the mods from having to move it, which keeps them happy. Smiley Happy

If you want a Classic Muscle Car ticket send me a Friend Request at AFTAC_99104 and I'll send you one. 

Since you're new to the gifting of cars and tickets I thought I would throw in some extra info for you.

Tip #1.) The game has a price cap on what kind of car you can gift to another player or have gifted to you. That cap is $950,000. Any car over that cap (i.e. a million or more) can not be gifted. Or even sold for money for that matter. This is why birthday tickets and level tickets are so great. If you use the right ticket you can get 20 million dollar cars from them even though you can't trade a 20 million dollar car itself. You can also only send one car/ticket a day per PS3 (not per account). The time of reset depends on where you live and is not based on having to wait 24 hours from the time you last send a car or ticket. I live on the east coast of the U.S. and for me the sending limit resets at 7 pm. I can send a car/ticket  at 6:30 pm and then send  another one 31 minutes later since that would be right past 7 pm. Since this is through the U.S. PSN server if you are on the west coast your sending reset would be 4 pm (for example).

Tip #2.) Get a USB thumbdrive to back up your save files on to. This way if your PS3 hard drive crashing you won't lose all your progress and hard work. For long term storage you can even transfer your game save files to your computer via the same thumbdrive for an extra level of safety. I have about 10 different PS3 save files stored on my computer just in case. Plus the thumbdrive can be used to help you get the cars you want from tickets (as listed below).

Tip #3.) When it comes to Birthday and Level tickets they can only be used once. Once they are opened that's it. If you get a car you don't like from a Birthday or Level ticket you're stuck with it as the game overwrites your save file as soon as you open the ticket and there's no going back. Here's the trick: back up your save file to a USB thumbdrive before opening the ticket. This way if you don't like the car you get then all you have to do is quit the game, transfer the backed up save file from the thumbdrive back to the PS3, restart GT%, and try again. You can repeat this as often as you like till you get the car you want. I'm in to Mopar muscle cars so when I use a Classic Muscle Car ticket I use the thumbdrive trick till I get a Mopar in a color I want. Sometimes I get lucky within a few tries, but sometimes it might take me 15 to 20 tries before I get something I want. If you try this make sure you do it correctly and don't get in a rush because if you screw up it's possible to overwrite the wrong file and then you're stuck with a car you don't want and no more ticket.

Tip #4.) If you are after a certain car you will need to see which of the two types of tickets (birthday or level) has the least amount of cars from it in order to figure out which way you want to go about getting the car you want. For example if I wanted a 2001 Audi R8 Race Car (a Level 23 car) I could get one from either a 2001 birthday ticket or a Level 23 ticket. Since there are only 30 cars that come from a Level 23  ticket (versus 72 cars from a 2001 ticket) it would be easier to use a Level 23 ticket to get the R8 race Car due to the lower amount of cars that come from a Level 23 ticket versus the 2001 ticket. For a list of cars that come from birthday or level tickets see the link below for a rather lengthy list of what tickets lead to which cars.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=199650

Here's another site that has a list of cars that you can sort through: http://www.mygranturismo.net/carlist.php

Tip #5.) Want to be able to make an unlimited amount of copies of a ticket without always having to find someone to trade with? A popular way of doing this is to open up a second PSN account (if you have an extra email account to use for opening it) and send a copy of the ticket to it for storage. Then using the same technique as I mentioned above in tip #3 by backing up the save file from the secondary account that has the ticket to the thumbdrive before sending it. If you do that all you have to do is reload the backed up save file from the thumbdrive to the PS3 and when you restart the game the ticket will still be there.

Tip #6.) Here's another use for that secondary PSN account. You can use it to run all your B-Spec drivers from your primary account from. If you build up to 6 B-Spec drivers and run them all at the same time they can bring in a lot of money for you in short order. And if you wait till you've reached the 200% bonus for logging in to the PSN and starting GT5 for several days in a row you will earn that  money even quicker.

As far as what Birthday tickets are the_teacher pretty much covered it. It is the year you entered as your birth year when you created your PSN account. And every year if you log in on your birthday you will get a birthday ticket good for any car made the same year you listed as your year of birth.

Sorry for such a long post. Hope it's at least a little helpful for you.

Message 5 of 89 (1,478 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 6, 2012

I really appreciate the tips and advice. 

If you still have the level 22 ticket, I'd enjoy "cashing" it in.

Thank you for your generosity,

darr

Message 6 of 89 (1,472 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Those are really great tips.  Wow!

I'd sure like a 1971 ticket.  those cars would be fun to drive.

thank you AFTAC_99104

Message 7 of 89 (1,470 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Thanks to AFTAC_99104 and the_teacher_1907 for the helpful information.

AFTAC_99104   I sent you a friend request

Here's another probably dumb question:  If I open a second PSN account, can I have both accounts on the same PS3....gift a car to my second account,and simply sign out of first account and sign in to the second account to receive the car?

Thanks!

Message 8 of 89 (1,461 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Brobey,

FR received and accepted. Will send the Classic Muscle Car ticket in the next couple of hours.

As far as your question about the secondary PSN account, yes you can have them on the same PS3. I have 4 different accounts on my PS3 (2 of them are for my kids). And yes, you can trade stuff back and forth between the accounts. Just remember that the one car/ticket a day limit applies to the PS3 and is not a per account limit. So if you send a car/ticket from one account on the PS3 the other accounts have to wait for the reset before they can send a car or ticket.

Darr and Recce__Pilot,

I received your FR's too. The Level 22 ticket will go out tonight and the 1971 ticket will go out 24 hours later.

Message 9 of 89 (1,445 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Dec 6, 2012

AFTAC_99104,

What size GB usb do you recommend for backup?

Message 10 of 89 (1,439 Views)
0 Likes